“Great day out on the Grand Slam!”

Cancun Kianah's Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Kianah’s Sport Fishing is 100 % run by the owner / operator. No mediators. No travel agencies. No B.S.We specialize during the winter months to target sailfish unless other wise specified (or the length of the charter permitting). The sailfish run is the most amazing run on the planet. We are fully endorsed by Ocean Tackle International and H4L Jigs and the only charter operator to fully provide all necessary gear.Our goal is to provide you with a unique experience at a personal level whether you are an amateur or a seasoned professional.Finest Cancun fishing charter that provides its customers a memorable billfishing adventure on board a 35' tournament rigged Sportfisher The Kianah and The Grand Slam. Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos, Isla Mujeres, Mexico.
Westchester County, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great day out on the Grand Slam!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Four of us went out for a six hour fishing trip on March 28th with Kianah Sportfishing on the Grand Slam. I arranged the trip with Alex via email from the U.S - he was responsive and helpful as we figured out what made the most sense for our group (which included my 11 year old fishing maniac son and my father and brother). Alex was very flexible as the weather was dodgy on the original day we arranged so we called an audible and shifted back a couple of days. On the day of our trip the weather was perfect - we met them at the dock and headed out on our trip on the Grand Slam with Capt Phillipe and two mates. Crew was attentive and constantly checked in to make sure that we had what we needed. All eyes were on the horizon looking for signs of fish and all ears were on the radio listening to hear what the other boats were seeing. Start of the trip was a little slow and we were about ready to shift gears and go back inshore for some bottom fishing when WHAM a monster sailfish hit - with my 11 year old on the rod. After a 30 min fight we got it on board - 8 foot sail fish. No sooner than we got it on board lines started hitting all over with a run of 10-12 lb bontio. At one point we had 3 fish on - and the crew handled it perfectly - giving instruction, preventing lines from crossing and maneuvering the boat. Did not lose a single fish. We had a great day and would go out with these guys again in a second!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank daddyo-2

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great days fishing by all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have always dreamed of catching a sailfish, and Captain Hector and the boat Kianah helped me realise this dream. We caught 2 high jumping sails plus a bonito tuna, before trolling in which we nearly hooked into a giant makeo shark. We then moving into shallow water for some bottom fishing allowing the rest of my group (some whom had never fished before) to all catch a variety of fish including snapper and trigger fish. The gear was top quality tackle and the crew worked really hard. The only negative is the boat isn't the best I've fished on but I caught my target sailfish! Including the two sails we landed 28 fish in total!
Can't wait to get back out to Mexico.

southfield ,ma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Stay away you get what you pay for!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Well after booking a trip on the Kianah and arriving at the dock just as the Kianah was leaving the dock .I knew our group was in for a long day. The man we booked Alex came down the dock to tell us the other boat the grand slam would be the boat we would fish today except the starter was broken but assured us a new one would arrive in 15 minutes .needless to say 1.5 hours later we left the dock. AN HOUR into the trip to the fishing grounds one of the boats driveshafts shears in half. At this point we began to wonder if we would make it back to the dock at all. The crew says no worries we will get another boat for you so after another hour the second boat arrives. We jump onto that boat and finally off we go. The fishing for sailfish was ok the crew was far more interested in catching guardian, than perusing sailfish which was our main focus. It was obvious from the baitball s on the surface but they were repeatedly ignored( we did catch 2 sailfish) after several hours the captain suggested bottom fishing so we agreed at this time the engine in the second boat overheard (what two boats with mechanical problems ) the crew managed to get the engine running correctly and off we went. The bottom fishing was fantastic and as another review mentioned the gear was top notch . I caught 3 red snapper and the group caught many jacks and a small shark. All fish went into the fishbox . We headed in for the marina it was getting dark due to all the mechanical issues. The final straw was when we got back close to shore and the captain asks if we know what marina we came from ?? There were no charts or electronic chartting equipment on board and we were now in 2 feet water. I asked if we could have the snapper to bring back to the resort as there were 5 guys in our party and our wives would join us the mate took two of the 3 snapper from the box pretending he did not know the other was there . I assume they must have some outlet to sell the fish they steal from you or they take them home for their families which I have no issue with but say so upfront.

All I can say is the fishing was ok but the aggrevation and trouble to try and enjoy a day fishing far outweighed anything positive I could say!!
The boats are not nearly as nice as the pictures portray them to be either. So be ware spend a few more dollars and get a good charter because these guys are not!!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Edmund n
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing trip with a quality captain and crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

My dad and I booked an 8hr charter with Alex to fish on the Kianah with Captain Hector and mate Enrique. When we arrived at the marina, Alex greeted us and gave us the run down of the day's plan. Within 5 minutes we were on our way to the sailfish grounds. The weather was a little snotty and there was a lot of boat traffic out there but we managed to grab 3 large bonitos and 2 sailfish in the 80 - 90lb range by 10am. The other boats in the area only got one sailfish at best. After the sailfish bite calmed by noon, we steamed out to the bottom fishing grounds. Fishing here was pure insanity. We'd have fish on non-stop for a solid hour and were able to box an additional 27 fish (mix of AJ's, rainbow fish, and snapper). We then headed closer to port and we're able to grab a barracuda in the shallows before heading in. We kept the snappers we caught and had them grilled at the restaurant next door which tasted amazing.

All in all it was an amazing trip. We couldn't have been happier with the experience. Captain and crew were professionals and put us on the meat. I would highly recommend their services for anyone looking for a premiere charter trip out of Cancun.

2 Thank Jasong165
Saskatoon, Canada
“Saifish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great day. Caught 7 sailfish all around 7 feet. Everyhing we expected it to be, it was. Would recomend to anyone without reservation. At one point we had 3 sailfish on and landed 2. The crew worked hard and were very peasant.

Visited February 2013