Ways to Experience Cancun Whale Shark Tours
More Info
from $139.99
More Info
1,320 results
All reviews ceviche once in a lifetime bucket list sea sickness isla mujeres amazing experience vip trip guide raul swimming with the sharks these gentle giants saw dolphins boat ride underwater camera these amazing creatures wear a life jacket these guys open ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The swim with the whale sharks was incredible. They are such majestic creatures.
Communication prior to our tour was not good. We had only received a receipt from PayPal after we paid. We never got any confirmation of when or what time we would be picked up from our hotel. We tried to contact the company via email but got no response. The day before the tour we asked the hotel to call the company to confirm if we were getting picked up and at what time. They did seem to have our information.
There could be more descriptions of the vessels you travel on to find the whale sharks & the fact they don’t have any facilities on them.
There perhaps could be a better instruction of what to do (other than don’t touch the animals) once you jump off the boat.
We loved Isla de Mujeres (Playa Norte) and the ceviche offered really was one of the best I had tried

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Contoy Adventures (Gaby & Luis) were excellent guide and operators, our experience was magnificent as we also got to see flocks of flamingos, giant manta rays, dolphins, and of course multiple encounters with the whale sharks. Absolute highlight of our vacation - do not miss this experience!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We did this tour today and it was amazing... long story short 8 people in our boat devided in to 4 groups of two and we went into the water with shark 3 times each ( conditions were very good and we were only boat out there with 2 sharks so we got an extra jump) when I was reading reviews some people said it wasn't enough time with the sharks but I an honestly say 3 time 2/3 minutes with this gentle giant who is fast... feels like a long time and it was plenty for us and we were thrilled.
That was only one part of this experience.... we saw flamingos, dolphins, flying fish and manta ray doing backflip out of the water and to top this trip off we visited this amazing beach which was literally like snorkeling in a Caribbean aquarium plus captain made us very good fish.
Over all I would recommend it to anybody just be prepared for rocking boat while everyone was diving.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

I had traveled solo to Mexico staying in the Mayan Riviera.

Was very adamant about going to Isla Mujeres. MUST GO/DO this tour.

This tour was so much fun! The staff were super engaging with us.. loads of fun.. met so many great people!

The snorkeling was the best I have done so far and then stopping at the Crystal Clear Waters of Playa Norte.

I give it a 5 star for everything it included..

But if you want more time in Downtown Isla Mujeres this tour may not be for you.

It was a good starter for me solo to travel with a group and I did get to rent a golf cart and ride around the island for a bit.. instead of taking the Ultramar ferry from Cancun on my own.. may have been a little nerve racking on my own.

Thank you to MILTON & the rest of the staff.
It was a beautiful day :)

But next time if I am going to be traveling with people I will for sure take the Ultra Mar and spend all day in Isla Mujeres.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

OceanTours guide, Marc, did everything possible to make our adventure a successful one. He was able to make sure that all the snorkelers encountered multiple whale sharks. He also provided wonderful videos and photographs of the experience.

Date of experience: August 2019