“Excellent cooking class”
Review of Can Cook in Cancun

Can Cook in Cancun
Ranked #1 of 8 Food & Drink in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Mexican cooking classes:A day long cooking experience in Cancun with Chef Claudia will allow you to learn about Mexican Culture in a fun, relaxing, DELICIOUS, yet professional way. Private Dinners/Events:If youor your family are not in a mood for a class, but would like to experience a great Mexican dinner in a unique atmosphere... A Mexican house! Please get in touch, we'll prepare a special dinner for groups from 4 to 20.
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I had such a wonderful time. I enjoyed learning about the different peppers, & limes, and how the recipes change for the different areas of Mexico. The sangria and Mexican coffee were excellent. I also enjoyed the empanadas and tortillas.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

I just returned from Cancun and I have to say this was the highlight of my trip. I wanted to do something out of the ordinary and this certainly was it! I love food and I love to cook, but this would be great for anyone. You will not be pressured to help with the cooking process at all, so you do not need to know how to cook to enjoy. However, if you want to help you certainly can. I enjoyed just sitting back, listening to Claudia tell us about the ingredients as well as some Mexican customs and traditions. Not to say she stood up and lectured, it was more of a conversation. She has a beautiful home that can easily handle up to a dozen guests. There is also a professional chef's mirror above her stove so no matter where you are sitting you will have a good view. The day we went, only three "students" were there but she did not cut any corners. She offered the entire menu as we expected from the website. I bought some of the ingredients and can't wait to go out and get a mortar and pestle! I learned that real Mexican food is easy (mostly), uses few easy to find ingredients, and is very healthy (very little fat and lots of fruits, vegetables, and lean meats). I feel very confident I can make most of the things we had that day. Since there were only three of us Claudia's family and another family ate with us. I felt like we were family as well. If you go, be sure to print out the map because it is rather difficult to find, even for the local taxi drivers. Also, rest assured it is very safe in Cancun! Claudia lives in a very safe neighborhood! Again, print the map and hand it to the taxi driver to avoid any confusion or frustration. I am already planning my next trip to Cancun and this is the first thing on the itinerary! Worth every penny and worth skipping a day at the beach.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

I was totally unsure of what to expect before going to the class, but I was pleasantly surprised with what my mom, sister, and I experienced. Claudia is a well accomplished Mexicanchef who is extremely knowledgable about Mexican cuisine. This was really important to me because it can be difficult to find Mexican food that isn't too typical, i.e., the type of Mexican food you can find in the U.S. So it was a huge breath of fresh air to be able to enjoy plenty of delicious (and healthy!) Mexican food. I think we made two appetizers, two salsas, a soup, the main dish with rice and tortillas, and dessert. What's more, some of Claudia's friends and family came to join us so we got a really good idea of what it's like to live as a typical Mexican family. The food and company were great and I look forward to doing it again! I highly recommend this activity for anyone who wants to have a great time.

1  Thank Elizabeth43466
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Claudia and Lorenzo made us all feel welcomed from the moment we entered their home for the cooking class. Claudia was patient with all our questions and even went beyond the cooking class agenda. Lorenza graciously shared his 100% Agave and educated us about the finer points of tequilla. The other guest were friendly and as excited as we were to be there. The pork shoulder wrapped in a banana leaf was so tender you could cut it with a spoon and delicious. I especially loved the jicama and mango salad, so simple but yummy! The four hours or so we were there flew by so fast, our group wasn't ready to leave. Claudia and Lorenzo (and our group) are new friends we hope to visit again and again! What a treat, don't miss this one! Alyssa

1  Thank ILuvMexico3
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Very enjoyable and educational experience with Chef Claudia. The history of Mexican food culture was briefly explored and informative. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was super friendly. I will be going back for a second trip.

1  Thank MarkFive55