“Like Home!!!”
Review of Can Cook in Cancun

Can Cook in Cancun
Ranked #1 of 8 Food & Drink in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Mexican cooking classes:A day long cooking experience in Cancun with Chef Claudia will allow you to learn about Mexican Culture in a fun, relaxing, DELICIOUS, yet professional way. Private Dinners/Events:If youor your family are not in a mood for a class, but would like to experience a great Mexican dinner in a unique atmosphere... A Mexican house! Please get in touch, we'll prepare a special dinner for groups from 4 to 20.
Madison, Connecticut
“Like Home!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

It was as comfortable as being back home for me. Claudia & Lorenzo were so gracious. The cooking lesson is something I'll cherish forever !!

• Finnish first
chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful Experience with great Food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I spent a lovely day with Claudia and Lorenzo at their home for a day long class in Mexican cooking. They are both so very gracious and shared many interesting facts about Mexican cuisine. As participants we had some fun with hands-on cooking guided by Claudia and her staff.
We then enjoyed a fabulous lunch of delicious Mexican foods.

Received a packet of recipes also well as a DVD and cute apron when we left.

Would like to return again next year.

Visited March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food.”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The food was wonderful and the family is so welcoming. I really enjoyed the day. It is a great departure from the college party scene in Cancun. I recommend it to all foodies.
The only down side is that the chef and her assistants cooked mostly everything. We got to chop and mix occasionally, but the majority of the cooking is not done by the students. I wish we all could've had an opportunity to help make everything. But, she gives you the recipes; so all is not lost.
Overall, great experience and education of Mexican cuisine. Try it!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Cavett
Madison, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Learn, Create, Eat! Fantastic Cancun Outing”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I participated in a birthday party/evening cooking class with Claudia, her staff and her husband Lorenzo. They accommodated our party of 12 beautifully.

The evening started with a tequila tasting. We learned what spices enhance the tequila. Then we moved into the (delightfully air conditioned) kitchen, where we learned about the regions of Mexico, the fundamental elements of Mexican cooking, the value of corn tortillas, all about moles, and the in's and out's of chilis. Claudia's staff includes native Mayan women, who infused our food with authentic Mayan flare.

Next, we began the hands-on work of creating the best Mexican meal I've ever tasted. We each had the opportunity to do some of the cooking (making tortillas, for instance, or creating a mole) and Claudia's team did the rest. We each received all the evening's recipes in printed and CD form, as well as an apron.

This was a fantastic way to spend an evening -- informative, fun, delicious. If you're celebrating a special event while in Cancun, you couldn't do better than to do it with Claudia and Lorenzo.

“The Best!!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

SO Happy I did this. Chef Claudio's hospitality, talent and love of what she does is evident all around. Her husband, Lorenzo, was so welcoming as well. Gracious hosts and Wonderful experience!! Learned LOTS about Mexico and it's culinary history/diversity. Even for the beach bum crowd (I am among them), this is not to be missed. I will definitely do this again on my return to Cancun. Thank you for such a memorable time!!