“A real highlight of my trip to Cancun”
Review of Can Cook in Cancun

Can Cook in Cancun
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Mexican cooking classes:A day long cooking experience in Cancun with Chef Claudia will allow you to learn about Mexican Culture in a fun, relaxing, DELICIOUS, yet professional way. Private Dinners/Events:If youor your family are not in a mood for a class, but would like to experience a great Mexican dinner in a unique atmosphere... A Mexican house! Please get in touch, we'll prepare a special dinner for groups from 4 to 20.
Reviewed December 16, 2013

No matter how beautiful the beach was, it just wouldn't have been as special of a trip without the day I spent cooking with Claudia. I learned so much about Mexican cooking, regional specialties, and the history of cuisine in Mexico. And here I thought I'd only learn a couple salsa recipes (although I did learn 5 of those!). It was a wonderful day. I would go back in heartbeat. The meal I ate the THE best one of my trip too. Thank you.

All reviews
"tortilla press"
in 11 reviews
"beautifully set table"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
in 9 reviews
"learning how"
in 16 reviews
"learned how"
in 18 reviews
"tequila tasting"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We are time share owners at the Royal Sands in Cancun. We have been owners for well over a decade. This was the best " adventure " thus far!
We were treated like family, and so enjoyed the cooking, tips, food, in home pet's, etc.
One mistake I made, I was dressed as a beach bum, figuring I would be a sloppy mess from learning to cook " Central Mexico ". So not the case! I won't ruin it for the rest of you, but
I am still smiling as I reminisce my girl's day out.
I was able to purchase a morteo y mano in Isla Mujeres for guacamole!
Love and I will be back next year. Thanks so very much, Karen

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was going to cancel when I saw how much it cost and my husband said , just consider it a round of golf. It far exceeded any round of golf and was worth every penny. Thanks for providing a great day of my vacation.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I wish I could give Chef Claudia and her husband Lorenzo a ten star rating for Can Cook in Cancun! Everything about this day was incredible! We were welcomed into their home and taught about food, history, culture and how they all play a role in Mexican Cuisine. The food was amazing! Even people who don't enjoy spicy foods can enjoy this class and be full when you leave. I didn't want the day to end, I just wanted to keep learning, cooking and of course eating! Of all the things I have experienced in Mexico in our travels here through the years, this was the best! BUT. I would change one thing...I wish the meal at the end included the company of our gracious host and hostess! I would have loved to converse more about food, drink and culture with them.

1  Thank BinMcKin
See more reviews
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was recommended this activity and I'm sure glad I took her advice! We were welcomed in the morning with traditional Mexican coffee (usually only made during special occasions) and fresh from the kitchen churros. Chef Claudia is very knowledgeable about all Mexican cuisine and Mexican history. She did much more than just teach you how to cook tamales. She taught us the proper occasions to cook them depending on where in Mexico you are from and the history behind most of the dishes we made and the ingredients we used. The food turned out fantastic and we met some truly great people in the process. Our menu was central Mexico cuisine and we had everything from El Pastor tacos to traditional cantina style soup. We were also given the opportunity to share Lorenzo's love for tequila! He does not skimp on the shots either! If you are looking to do something a little bit different from the norm in Cancun, this is absolutely the activity to choose.

1  Thank SuzanneS602