“Chef Claudia's home cooking classes are a great introduction to Mexican food, family and culture.”
Review of Can Cook in Cancun

Can Cook in Cancun
Ranked #1 of 9 Food & Drink in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Mexican cooking classes:A day long cooking experience in Cancun with Chef Claudia will allow you to learn about Mexican Culture in a fun, relaxing, DELICIOUS, yet professional way. Private Dinners/Events:If youor your family are not in a mood for a class, but would like to experience a great Mexican dinner in a unique atmosphere... A Mexican house! Please get in touch, we'll prepare a special dinner for groups from 4 to 20.
Reviewed March 15, 2011

As a novice in all things Mexican, I was looking for a more personal way to explore food and culture. Chef Claudia welcomed me (and 10 others) into her home for a creative and educational exploration of Mexican home cooking. After Mexican coffee and traditional pastries on the patio, we were led into a aesthetically pleasing environment that is reminiscent of the finest cooking shows. This mini classroom with tables and stools gave us an excellent view of the kitchen, preparation techniques, recipes, and cooking methods that we were learning. Drinks, appetizers, tortillas, salads, main dishes...were prepared. We tasted, sampled, participated, asked questions, gave opinions, shared ideas; in a relaxed, professional, learning environment. An easy repartee existed between the students, Claudia, Lorenzo (Claudia's spouse), Claudia's children, and staff. I felt at home and at ease. The culminating event was a traditional family dinner featuring all of the excellently prepared foods and "family chatter"...because we had become a family, thanks to the warmth and graciousness of Claudia's Mi Cocina es Tu Cocina. I highly recommend this real taste of Mexico.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

Chef Claudia & her husband Lorenzo opened their home to us and were very
gracious hosts. Her class was very informative and interesting. We watched as she prepared a menu from the central region of Mexico. The personal stories and touches just added to the already friendly atmosphere that she has have created in their very attractive home. I will recommend her class to all of my friends and I look forward to returning for another cooking class as well as participating in the planned local
market and restaurant tours which she spoke about for the future....a great idea.

Reviewed March 12, 2011

Claudia is not only a fabulous Chef (CIA graduate) and she spent a year studying in Italy and other European Countries, but she is a wonderful teacher with an immense amount of information to impart to her students. Here house is perfect for cooking (demonstration only) but you feel you are involved during the whole class.Both her and her husband Lorenzo are marvelous hosts so you feel your are in a friends house from the minute you walk in to their beautiful home. The recipes are great and everyone enjoyed the class as well as the delicious meal that followed the class. I would book this class way before you get to Cancun because she does not teach everyday and the classes fill up quickly. Thank you Claudia!!

Reviewed March 12, 2011

Very gracious hosts and a great way to spend the day, cooking traditional Mexican dishes. Chef Claudia answered all my questions concerning some of my favorite Mexican dishes even though none were on the menu. Very professional presentation in a lovely home.

1  Thank Bonnand
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I totally enjoyed my visit to Claudia's home. She is an excellent chef and she and her cuisine team provided us with a wealth of information. We discovered Mexican herbs and vegetables from the Coastal Region as well as watched her cook an amazing array of Mexican foods. There were hands-on demonstrations in which each participant made their own tortillas and fried them on the grill. We were fed throughout the whole day from Mayan coffee and pastry in the morning, to sampling dishes throughout the day and culminating this experience with a delicious dinner that included wonderful Mexican desserts. It was truly wonderful!!! I plan to return to "Can Cook in Cancun" again next year!

1  Thank Carole130