“Excellent Finish to our Vacation”

Peter's Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Peter's Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,048 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Robalo y sierra
Description: Peter's Restaurant...Where flavors & feeling meet...Peter really likes and wants to Cook and please his guests with a memorable dinner in a cozy setting with personal attention from himself, his wife Claudia and son Eder. Small, cozy restaurant where one feels at home while enjoying an excellent dinner. Interesting menu with a different flair in dishes and preparations, Good Wine list with also options by the glass.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Its a bit of a hike from the hotel zone, but worth it. Very small intimate personal service from the owner/chef and family. Great daily specials and genuine passion for the customers. Food is all freshly prepared with a mexican flare, excellent reasonable wine list. Many local's in the crowd, (which is always a great sign for me). My wife had the hog fish and said it was the best fish she every had. Among the best in Cancun.

1  Thank Jim H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Last night in Mexico.
Needing a treat. Not disappointed.
Friendly welcome. Great service. Good menu choice.
Smoked salmon fantastic.
Hog fish really good.
Lime desert great.
Pricing fine.
Would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Like everyone has already said Peters Restaurante is wonderful. We unfortunately ate there our last night in Cancun. If we had made the choice to visit earlier in our trip,we most defenatly would have come back more than once. Peter's Restaurante is without a doubt the best food on Cancun. The whole experience from beginning to end.... DELICIOSO!

2  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We found this quite by accident but were very happy to say the least. We actually ate there twice during our visit. We will be back next visit in April!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently worked with Chef Peter to coordinate a surprise birthday celebration for my mother's 60th birthday. I never expected the Executive Chef to be doing all of the legwork for this but it was a big advantage. From start to finish, chef Peter made the whole experience easy and worthwhile. He helped me coordinate transportation to and from our hotel as well as a musical trio to serenade my mother. I do have to say that it was obvious that this was not a trio that usually plays together as they had a very hard time tuning and the only female in the group had a hard time finding her keys. They got out of tune one too many times for my taste and for the price I paid....I would have preferred a trio with more experience.
As far as the restaurant: it is the perfect, cozy place for a intimate gathering. The venue is tastefully decorated. although it was a good half hour drive from our hotel it was worth the drive. The only thing that would have made the place even better would have been a view...this place has no view whatsoever.
The food: Impeccable. We started dinner service with 7 and ended with 11 and no one walked away disappointed. From the presentation, to the freshness of the ingredients to the wonderful taste, I would go back to this restaurant over and over again.
Chef Peter comes out from the back to greet each table personally which is a nice touch and hardly seen in other venues. My mother had the best birthday every and I want to thank Chef Peter for making that happen.

2  Thank Gwin F