“Fantastic Trip!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orange County, CA
“Fantastic Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Royal Caribbean and could not have been happier. This is one of the cleanest, friendliest places you'll ever stay. Wi-fi in each room, complete gym (extra) and the beach are enough to come for alone. A few tips:
1) Use the restauarants at the other Royal resorts. The Palapa next door is great for any meal. The Veranda at the Royal Sands is excellent too.
2) Do not go to the Captains Cove restaurant even though its part of the Royal family. Bad food, bad service!!!
3) Go to Lonerzillos if you are looking for some of the finest seafood and lobster around.
4) The Spa at the Royal Sands is incredibly beaustiful throughout. Great services.

Excellent choice, do not hesitate to book here. Enjoy. We did.

1 Thank tcrief
RR_Community_Manager, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Caribbean, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments, they are very important for us!

I'm glad to read that you had a great time overall. Thanks for your kind words towards the cleanliness of our resort and the friendly staff, we work very hard to meet your expectations.

I'm sorry that you didn't liked Captains Cove; with the intention of improving our quality, could you give me more details such as the dates when you visited the restaurant and any particular menu item that did not meet your expectations?

Again, thanks for your comments and I hope to see you back soon!

Royal Resorts Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
Fontana, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

Just came back with my family from a wonderful week at this resort as a first-time vacationer here. The resort has a lot going for it including:

PROS:
1) Nicely appointed villas with the usual conveniences
2) Air conditioned throughout
3) Daily maid service (except sunday) - a real bonus
4) Free WiFi in every villa
5) Three large pools
6) The most beautiful 85-degree turquois water with a wonderful beach
7) Onsite reasonably-priced market. In fact you can pre-order from the internet and have your goods and food delivered prior to your arrival
8) Well kept grounds and landscaping
9) Very polite and responsive hotel staff

CON:
1) There are no laundry facilities in each villa; however, the resort has a laundry facility.

Only nuisance is the immediate fogging of sunglasses and cameral lens in going from the air conditioned room to the humid outside. But this is just a fact of nature and not a reflection of the hotel.

We will definitely be coming back again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank VAMMAM
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments, each and every one of them is very important for us.

I'm very glad to read that you had a great time during your stay. If you'd like to send a personal compliment to a memeber of our staff, please feel free to do so. I'll make sure it gets delivered.

Please let me know if theres anything else I can do for you.

Warm regards from Cancun,
AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

We own 2 weeks at the Royal Caribbean. I have never had a bad experience here. The trip this year, as I am still here in Cancun, has been a GREAT experience. Our concierge, Giovanni has been wonderful. He did everything for us, from getting boat tickets to making dinner reservations. The Royal Resorts is very lucky to have an employee such as Giovanni. The housekeeping staff here is also excellent... My only complaint, which is not a biggy is the staff allowing children in the pool bar area. Maybe that will stop soon... Other than that....... IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO GO TO THE ROYAL RESORTS, YOU HAVE TO GIVE IT A TRY....

1 Thank chief1101
RR_Community_Manager, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Caribbean, responded to this review, August 20, 2010
Dear Royal Resorts Family Member:

Thank you for your comment! All comments are very important for us and I appreciate the time you took to do it.

I'm glad to read you are having a wonderful time at your home away from home. Thanks for the kind words towards your concierge, I'll personally pass them on.

I'll also send management your comments about the pool bar, thanks!

Please let me know if theres anything else I can do to help you.

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband told me not to write a good review because we wouldn't be able to get into this place. This is our second time here. We liked it so much after our trip in February we came back for another timeshare exchange. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and have never stayed anywhere cleaner or where the employees were nicer or harder working.The food is great We ate lunch every day at La Palapa in the Royal Mayan and had a special dinner in ElConquistador. Jesus and Juan there are wonderful. We got takeout at night and ate on our enormous, ocean view balcony. Wait till you taste the gigantic half price Margaritas at the pool bar! Last time we took Spanish lessons every day for free from Amilcar. There are a lot of good English TV stations, too. We will be back many times,I hope.

Dear Royal Resorts Family Member:

Thank you for your comment! All comments are very important for us and we actively monitor them.

I'm very glad to read you had such a great time. I'll be passing your compliments personally to the staff.

I do hope too that you'll be back many times with us!

Please let me know if theres anything else I can help you with.

Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

We traveled with our 2 yr old grandson, 13 yr old son and 28 yr old daughter. We arrived at 12:30 pm was greeted with ice cold bottled water and chocolate kisses. Check in was quick and we were greeted by our personal concierge named Pepe. Wonderful man that help in all our planning and answered all of our questions.Pepe check with us everyday ask if we needed anything . Royal Resorts has its own shuttle bus which allows you to enjoy all of the pools, beaches, and restaurants. We used Thomas Moore for all of tours and shuttle to and from the airport . The resorts is beautiful, the beach is beautiful could not swim much because of the rough waters, but were able to swim a couple of hours each day when the waters were calmer. No large rocks at the beach only shells in the water once you pass them the sand in the water is soft. Sand at the beach is white and their is plenty of huts to sit at it, very beautiful....The beach at the Royal Sands seemed a little calmer. All snorkel gear is free to use they have large beach towels to use. The resort is well maintained and the staff is very friendly. We had a great time will definitely will return.

3 Thank msteresao
Dear Royal Resorts Family Member:

Thank you so much for your comments, they are very important for us!

I'm glad your personal concierge was very helpful, and I'll pass on your kind words personally to him.

Thanks for sharing your vacation memories with us, I hope you'll be back again soon!

St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

My family really enjoyed the Royal Caribbean Resort initially. It is a beautiful resort. Very friendly and helpful staff. The maid service is so helpful that she took one of our keys while we were gone and reentered our room using that key. She helped herself to my daughters I pod and 3 very nice rings. We thought my daughter just miss placed her key, until the entry log showed that the key was used when we all were downtown. All other valuables were in the safe. My daughter has a problem of trusting people, she learned a tough lesson. So please be very careful and place valuables in the safe.

7 Thank karsli
Dear Royal Resorts Family Member:

Thank you for your comment, it is very important for us.

I'm sorry to read about your missing valuables; I'll be sending you a private message shortly to request more specific information in order to track this down.

Please let me know if theres anything else I can do to help you.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

Arrived in Cancun Airport, upon exiting airport to our booked car service we were approached by professional men with maps trying to help us , but their sole intention was to get us to commit to meeting them at their resort to discuss time shares, with offers for free or discounted trips. . My advice do not talk to anyone in airport.
Once arriving to The Royal Caribbean the resort was spectacular as was the beach. I can not emphasize the cleanliness of the entire resort .There is even a cleaning staff in the morning picking up seaweed from the beach. My room was beautiful and spacious. I traveled with my husband and two children ages 19 and 17. They had their own bedroom with 2 full size beds and bathroom. My room had king size bed along with full kitchen dining and living room . Private balconies. I would definitely go back. The service was great. We took tours with Thomas Moore they were affliliated with the royal resorts I trusted them and the trips were well planned and organized.. we went to Xel-Ha, Telum and isla Mujeres. Also during the day we took the city bus to cancun city and shopped at Walmart for some snacks and food. We all had a great time. There is nothing i could complain about. hope your stay is as pleasing as mine was.

4 Thank yankeelover1987