The Royal Caribbean
$337
$330
$817
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$427
$508
$474
2,335 results
All reviewstradewinds restauranttime sharefull kitchenliving roomthomas moore travelcaptain's covedaily maid servicetimeshare resortel conquistadorpersonal conciergewelcome homefree shuttlenice resortconvenience storeshuttle serviceroom keyhotel zone
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Waking up the first morning of our vacation, we were amazed at the early (before 6 am) activity we saw from our patio. People were bringing out armfuls of towels to reserve their beach chairs, and palapas for the day. As the week went on - it continued. I realize that people are creatures of habit, but this was rude and not hospitable. When we mentioned this to someone of authority, they answered, "Well, what can we do?"

The rooms were very clean. We had two different rooms during our two week stay. The air conditioners in both were very noisy; definitely needs updating.

On a more positive note, the staff was very helpful, friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed happy hour, and the few meals we ate at the resort. The ease of taking a local bus to other restaurants and shopping areas was a plus.

However, beware of the time-share hard sell. 90 minutes turned into half a day and we were completely exhausted. The whole day was wasted.

Room Tip: A lock off room does not have patio.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed for one night at this hotel and would recommend it and even consider to stay there if i happen to visit Cancún again in the future. The service was excellent; the staff members were very helpful. Our room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The food in the restaurant was very good, although i would have liked them to offer more dining options besides the sole restaurant they currently have. Loved their Nordic Pizza.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at the Royal Caribbean, there were 3 of us.
When we got there the staff were friendly & helpful,
the room/apt was clean a modern, I would not call it ultra modern but modern & nice.
the set up was perfect for us, like I said 3 of us, so the two of them had a private room bathroom & dressing area, then there was a living room/Dinning area & Kitchen & on the other side I had a bedroom, bathroom & dressing area, I also had my own door to the hallway, I didn't use it, but I guess if someone wanted to invite someone over & not to the main space but just to their bedroom that could have been done. :-)

Their bedroom & the main living area had sliding doors out to a nice Terrace which had a table & chairs, mine had a balcony (just a place to stand)

But ALL the rooms had the sliding doors to the magnificent view.
We were on the 12th floor with a pool & Ocean view.
All the rooms also had separate temperature controls the AC was not the quietest.

I will try & post pictures of the view when I post this, also I went Para Sailing & got a nice Birds eye view of the hotel I will try & post that one too.

The bathrooms came with soap & towels but no shampoo.
FYI when going to the pool they have nice BIG towels one can use that you pick up down near the pool.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank David Z
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just as the photos and reviews show, this place is well kept and well run. A lot of the occupants are part of a time share so they treat it as home and it has that feel.

The pool is great and the swim up bar is what everyone wants while in Cancun.

It's not an extravagant, or overly fancy. But for us it was just perfect. The only negative we would say is the rooms were too cold, too much air conditioning.

We only stayed one night and used hotels.com to secure our one night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miranda F
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have come to this hotel for 8 of the last 10 years. It is the consistency and predictability that makes this place perfect. The type of service one receives here is comparable to the Ritz or the Four Seasons. This hotel is perfect for families. It is easy to navigate and quiet. The pools are second to none. I have never seen such a large kids pool, and it connects (safely) to the adult pool. I swam in the adult pool and could easily keep an eye on my kids.

The villas are huge and clean. The staff is obsessive compulsive about keeping everything immaculate. Some hotels in Mexico have been known to have a funky smell. This hotel is not one of them. It is clean and fresh. The villas have 2 separate rooms with bathrooms, a living room and a full kitchen. Each villa has a huge balcony that overlooks the ocean and the pool. The sunrise can be viewed from almost any room.

The food on the property varies. There are markets (with normal pricing) that have all the staples and snacks to get you through the day. There are also other restaurants with a wide variety of food. All reasonably priced. I recommend the breakfast buffet. Fresh waffles, eggs and pancakes always do the trick. The buffet is a little pricey, but kids are 1/2 price.

For excursions see Jesus at the Thomas More desk. He knows everything and will hook you up with a safe and prompt company for whatever off-site fun you desire. These tours are slightly more expensive than you may find roaming the hotel strip, but believe me the higher cost will pay huge dividends. The tour companies associated with this hotel are second to none. They are reliable and dependable.

Finally, I will comment on hotel security. You WILL feel safe in this hotel. They monitor everything. They even record what taxi you leave in and where you are going. They understand that Americans have fears about traveling in Mexico (however misguided these fears are). And they make sure we feel safe. You are also completely safe on the bus. The bus stop is a two minute walk from the hotel. For a little less than $1 you can travel up and down the entire hotel zone. The stops are every 200 meters.

I will be back here in 359 days. Loved it again. Bravo RC.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but it is nice to be near the stairs for easy pool access. Also different parts of the pool get more son at different times. If you are a morning pool person you will want a different pool area than an afternoon pool person. The building blocks the sun differently depending on the time of day.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family