This hotel caters mainly for elderly people and families with small children. Since we were on vacation with our 3 year old, we searched for a roomier place to stay at and this hotel was the place, since it had two bedroom-, two bathroom- and a kitchenette apartments, exactly what we needed. It's not an all-inclusive hotel either, a thing that was also imperative to us, as all- inclusive is always out of the question. If it had been a vacation for only my husband and I, I would have definitely chosen a much smaller fancy boutique hotel.
The hotel is huge, as are the majority of hotels in Cancun. Its decor isn't stylish at all, it's rather outdated, as the hotel hosts mainly aged working class and middle class people.
The staff wasn't particularly polite, they appeared to be mostly careless. The check-in was a fuss, as we arrived around 1p.m., the check-in was at 4p.m. and of course, the room wasn't ready any earlier than that. We arrived on a Sunday and stayed until second following Wednesday. But on Saturday we had to move to another room, as Saturdays were changeover days at this hotel (which turned out to be a timeshare facility, not an actual hotel). On our changeover day we had to move all our suitcases and belongings by ourselves, as we had been told that all the bellboys were unavailable, by helping other guests. Other than these downside I actually liked staying here. The rooms were bright, big and spotless clean (there's daily maid except for Sundays and holidays). There were always fresh towels, once they had a holiday but the front desk phoned to announce it and told us anything we needed just tell them. All apartments are seaview. The hotel's pool, beach, pool toilets were kept very clean, the lawn mowed, etc. Another thing that I disliked was the noise. Sometimes the housekeeping were really, really noisy and when pushing their carts through the corridors, they made this terrible sound as the floors on the corridors had no carpets, just paver tiles.
The restaurant on site was nothing but average at most. We didn't go there but twice as they served mainly hamburgers or sandwiches with fries ( I really dislike this unhealthy food). The waiters here were inattentive and always in a rush. The restaurant also had takeaway, which was actually better. I liked their Guacamoles, chocolate chips and the lemon tart, which was in fact exquisite. I also bought from here Mexican rice and mashed for my son. There are much, much better restaurants in Cancun and especially Cancun town than this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Caribbean(R) Nestled between a magnificent stretch of powder-white sand and lovingly tended tropical gardens, our two resorts offer an exceptional collection of services... And twice the fun. Escape to paradise. Sink your toes into soft white sand that's always cool to the touch and listen to the murmur of the waves. Start the day with a swim in the pool, work out in the gym or sign up for tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your The Royal Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Caribbean Resort Royal
- Royal Caribbean Resort Cancun
- Royal Carribean
- Caribbean Royal