“EXCELLENT 10 DAYS IN THE RC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Caribbean

You added The Royal Caribbean to your Saves list
The Royal Caribbean
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Kukulcan Boulevard Km 17.5 | Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Unlimited Cancun Package!
Ranked #37 of 180 Hotels in Cancun
Poughkeepsie, NY
“EXCELLENT 10 DAYS IN THE RC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hola,
We ( a family of 4 ) are RR members, and usually have a great time in the RC. This time was no different. The villa we rented this time was excellent, and RR gave us the next door villa for the 3 extra days that I requested. The view was excellent, and the balcony was to die for ( 10th floor, great view of the ocean ). The only reason I gave 4 stars is the concierge/host service we are supposed to receive from RR ( it gets to be a real joke after awhile - If you don't want to buy another TS from them, you get NO service in return ). We do not like all inclusive, rather going to eat and drink on our own. Trips to the other 4 RR resorts ( free shuttle ) as well as Puerto Morales to see RR's Grand Residence area were all great. If it wasn't for the shoddy concierge service, I would rank this as high as possible.

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
Timmins, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my 5th time staying at The Royal Caribbean Resort and my 1st time bringing my daughter. I love it! It is peaceful and I come home feeling refreshed. I like that there is no hoopla. Its beauty lies in its simplicity. The place is not extravagant but it is all that I need and besides I am not there for the decor, I am there for the beach! The service is exceptional and all the employees are very accommodating. I like being able to have access to any of its sister resorts and that the food choices are abundant. One never has to leave the premises, leaving more time for R&R. A great feature is having an onsite Thomas Moore travel agency. They can book you airport shuttle service and excellent day excursions. The only negative comment I have is that most prices in the Royal Market are too expensive. I will return there and I would recommend it to anyone, especially to families.

Room Tip: A beachfront room on the ground floor would be ideal.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have been coming here for over 20 years and always find this resort a place to truly relax. Anything you would need for a vacation stay is right here. There are plenty of seats at the beach, by the pool and on the deck. I never feel crowded or herded here. Each villa has a spacious private deck and plenty of room. Each suite comes with two complete master bedrooms and includes a spacious living/dining room & functioning kitchen. I love to read, nap, and be entranced by the beautiful turquoise sea.

• 5 of 5 stars
Cristóbal G, Community Manager at The Royal Caribbean, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about our resort.

We really hope you enjoyed your vacation and look forward to welcome you again in your home away from home.

Warm regards.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

For almost 20 years, we have returned to the Royal Caribbean as our favorite vacation. The quality of service - from waiters, housekeepers, front desk staff, security guards, or boutique staff - is gracious, friendly, and exceptional. The grounds are beautiful, the pool areas and beach areas are as impeccably maintained as the reception areas and restaurants. With a convenience store, laundry, workout room, varied restaurants on site, we can choose to do nothing but relax - or grab a taxi or bus ride to Cancun's bounty of restaurants and entertainment. We feel comfortable and safe vacationing in Cancun, but we feel royally treated at the Royal Caribbean!

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your time and comments about our resort.

We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon here at your home away from home.

Best regards.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Royal Caribbean Hotel for seven nights and were so very impressed. We had a two bedroom unit and it was great. Two walk-in closets provided lots of space for your clothes & shoes, luggage; granite counter tops in kitchen, dishwasher, you name it, the kitchen was equipped. The only thing they didn't provide as the small bottles of shampoo, hand lotion, etc. Not a major problem if you knew before you arrived. The restaurants were very good and there are numerous restaurants in Cancun worth a visit. This is a time share property, however the sales people don't bother you

Room Tip: All rooms face the Caribbean so they all great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post on our property

We're glad to know that our facilities fulfill all your needs and hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Mexican Caribbean.

Best Regards.

Cristóbal Galindo.
Community manager.
Markham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

First time at the Royal Caribbean, had been to Cancun a few years back. Visited the resort on my own to relax for a week, read all the novels I had been postponing, and just 'kick back'. The service here is first class, with the customer in mind by every employee. Super clean, well maintained (I'd like to have these gardiners at home) and what appears to be very well managed. It only took a couple of hours upon arriving to feel the stress leave my mind and body....speaking of which, go to the Spa at the sister resort Royal Sands, and treat yourself to a Swedish Massage. Full Spa treatment, wet sauna, whirlpool, showers, fresh cucumber drinking water, and that 90 minute massage.....what luxury. Took the free shuttle from the Caribbean, and would suggest you do the same to return. I thought the walk back would do me good, but after that spa treatment, it was an unwelcomed 'grind' to make that 45 minute walk. The retaurants on site are relatively good, and there are a couple of fine dining spots within walking distance. The suites at the Caribbean all have kitchens, and there is a market in the resort, as I was in the mood for my own light cooking during the week, not wanting to eat out every night. There is also a handy cafe in the middle of the resort that caters to an eat in and take out menu. Being on my own, the only annoyance during the week, aside from a couple of cloudy days, was the number of young families here, with, what I felt, were a lot of 'noisy' younger, preschool kids. While I applaud the resort for providing a safe, activities filled place for this demographic, I found myself looking for more peaceful surroundings during the week....which were not to difficult to find, especially early mornings at the beautiful beach. Very soothing environment for reading and relaxing. I am a grandfather, and love younger children, so perhaps Royal may consider making 2-3 of their resorts here 'family friendly' and have the rest adult only. Just a suggestion.
All in all a very nice place to come to, nothing here will cause you any stress, and everything here is geared to help you relax....so come down and enjoy!

Room Tip: If you want quiet, reserve one of the suites directly facing the ocean. My balcony was facing the p...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank T0r0nt0_Phil
Dear Guest.

We appreciate you taking the time to post about our resort.

For sure our community will find your comments to be very useful and helpful to plan their next Mexican Caribbean vacation.

We're looking forward to welcome you again at any of our resorts.

Best Regards.

Community Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Royal Caribbean is a fantastic time share resort in Cancun that I've been going to now for 8 years straight. It have a very nice staff, and although the rooms are a bit aged, they are maintained well, and are up to date with bedding and electrics. It's amazing that during the last 8 years, we've had the same maid in the room every year. We've actually gotten to know her well, and she takes very good care of the room for us.
The pool are is large, with lots of chairs. I go in January, so the sun goes behind the buildings early in the day, reducing the pool area in sunlight fairly early. If you want all day sun on the pool or beach, get there early.
Full service bar (food & drink) at the pools and beach.
The resort itself has several good places to eat, both restaurant and grill type places, and Royal Resorts has 4 other resorts nearby that you can visit just by walking or hopping on a shuttle provided by Royal. That way you can take advantage of different pools, restaurants, beach areas, activities, etc.
My complaints about this resort in particular are small...
- the bathroom has an absolute ability to turn into a sauna. It's fully tiles with ceramic and stone, it's not ventilated well, and the water pressure os very high, thus creating lots of vapor, and if your not careful you can also end up with large puddles on the floor (can be very slippery with a wet tiled floor).
- WiFi Access needs a LOT of improvement. It's there, and you can usually get connected, but it is SLOWWWW. I think the access points are all located in the central pool areas (most bang for the buck), but this limits the bandwidth in the rooms, especially during busy times of the day.

The biggest drawback? Royal Resorts is in the process of closing down it's older resorts. The sister resort, The Royal Mayan, right next door is closing down operations this year. The Caribbean will be closing within 5 years. The Islander, on the other side opposite the Mayan will also be closing at some point in the next few years. As a result, the available services will suffer, a lot of people will become unemployed (at least until they are re-hired by some other of the multitude of resorts in Cancun), and it leaves owners in a bit of spot with regards to what to do after their resort closes. That's a shame, but at least Royal is being open about it, and providing options for the owners.

Typical early January weather in Cancun; Warm, but not excessively so during the day, comfortable nights, slight rain during the week. This year the wind was pretty gusty (25-30 mph), which is atypical. Partly could most days, but not excessive.

Room Tip: There are 6 building in total: 3 have rooms that directly overlook the beach, away from the pool. I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pbenware
Dear Guest.

We appreciate you taking the time to post about our resort.

Rest assured we're always listening to our customer's feedback and yours won't be an exception. We are glad to read all your kind words and taking notice of our opportunity areas in order to improve.

We hope to see you again soon at your home away from home.

Warm Regards.