The Royal Caribbean
$337
$330
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$365
$503
$626
$506
Hyatt.com
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
$604
$538
2,335 results
All reviewstradewinds restauranttime sharefull kitchenliving roomthomas moore travelcaptain's covedaily maid servicetimeshare resortel conquistadorpersonal conciergewelcome homefree shuttlenice resortconvenience storeshuttle serviceroom keyhotel zone
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This was our first time at this resort. We are MVC members and traded our week for a Royal Caribbean Villa, through Interval. We were pleasantly surprised to find a large, clean, updated unit. The property is nicely maintained and the staff was very helpful. The pool and beach areas were excellent and there was always security staff walking the beach. The maid Maria, cleaned our Villa to perfection every day. The food at the Tradewinds was very good, as was La Palapa at the Royal Mayan next door. The food was comparably priced for the area. We found the people at the Thomas Moore travel desk very knowledgeable about the tours and attractions. We went to the Dolphin Adventure on Isla Mujeres, which I highly recommend. We also went to Xplor, in Playa del Carmen which was incredible and one of the best things we have ever done on vacation. Xplor is not for small children and requires some physical ability, but it is not to be missed. We would definately return to the Royal Caribbean again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JMJ024
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on Day 1 of our 2-week motorcycle trip around the Yucatan. He drove his motorcycle from Illinois and I met him in Cancun. We got a room with no meals for $150 (I think?) and the meals and beer weren't outrageously priced. Everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were nice. I tried to book it for the end of my trip but the rates were over $200 so we stayed at the Courtyard Marriot by the airport.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have been going to The Royal Caribbean for 24 years and consider it my Caribbean home.
The staff greets you with "Welcome home Mr Goddard" when you walk up the stairs to the lobby.
Nothing changes form year to year, except to get better and better. The restaurants are superb, the Villas are always clean and have a update to the furniture from year to year. Cancun gets better and better with a million new things to do each year. It is definitely the place to spend your vacation, and the dollar goes a lot further with the exchange rate for the peso. I can't wait for next year to come.

J. William Goddard

Room Tip: All the rooms look at the ocean. Ocean front have a great view, but can be noisy if the surf is up.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bigod3
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The Royal Caribbean is a very nice timeshare resort in Cancun. The suites are excellent and the maid service kept everything spotless with fresh towels every day. The swimming pool was excellent and the beach outside was fantastic. The only downside was that it was a bit at the far end of the hotel zone (at Km 17), which meant you always needed to catch a bus to get to a none Royal Resorts restaurant, and also the cashless system in the resort I didn't like (I prefer to pay cash each time).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Baldipaul
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Paid extra to move on Saturday to ocean front and view was fantastic. Every room has an ocean view which usually is overlooking grounds and pools with ocean in the distance. Two bedroom villa was spacious and very clean with daily cleaning and towel changes (when towels are draped on the tub) every day except Sunday. Important to purchase your own paper towels/napkins because none is provided. What was a surprise to me is that you couldn't use cash for any purchases on the property but everything had to be billed to your credit on file even if you had guests staying with you that might want to buy you a gift from their store or restaurant. Everyone was friendly and helpful and the food at the restaurants was very good.

Room Tip: Moved to Building A, 4th floor ocean front which was on the same level (no stairs or elevator necessary) as the pools. AC very loud when it went on which took some getting used to.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family