I book hotels mostly by pools...and this pool was excellent. There were several pools more or less linked together however, one is not able to swim- pool to pool like the pictures suggests via under the small bridges. The pool with the bar is the warmest and I spent many hours floating around. Happy hour is from 3pm -6 every afternoon. There are various activities for one to partake in. Water aerobics, volleyball, bingo and many others. The rules are posted that territory is not to be staked out in advance for more then 30 minutes but I never saw this enforced. Towels seemed to be on chairs all day long. All sorts of free rentals are available from mask/snorkel, noodles, inner-tubes, bikes, kayaks, the list goes on. Cleanness of the grounds are impeccable....not a blade of grass out of place.
We were in a 2/2 room 906 and it had an awesome view of the ocean. We had maid service everyday but Sunday. If I had to find something to complain about i would say that the furniture needed some updating but it wasn't really a big concern. I'd also have to complain about the slow elevators...grrrrrrrrr! You really can't go wrong booking at this resort!
Trade winds: Average
Pacos Tacos: Very good Mexican, buffet
Captains Cove: Excellent and for entertainment, you might see crocks begging for food.
Senore Frogs: Expensive and average at best. Great drinks, recommend the Mojito on the rocks! Entertaining staff! Don't go down the water slide..water is really questionable on the lagoon side and where you drop into the water it's got a chain link fence protecting you from Crocodiles. Go view it on U tube if want to see it.
Thai: OMG, the best Thai food I've eaten. It's setting is jungle themed with individual thatched roof huts on the lagoon. If you like Thai food....go!!!!
Tulum is worth every cent. It's located about 2 hours away from the hotel. Ruins are located above the beach and it's beautiful. We booked with Entertain Plus which was recommended by others on Trip Advisor. I recommend them as well now.
After Tulum we went to Xel-ha which is an all day excursion if you love the water. It's all inclusive and to get your money's worth....stay all day. Eat and drink as much as you like. I did snorkeling however it's not a natural reef but man made. If you've done the real diving in natural reefs in the ocean you may be disappointed. However, there are many varieties of fish to see. Shark free for those scared of Jaws! The place is huge with zip lining, swimming with Dolphins, lazy river ..yada yada.
Did the glass bottom boat booked via hotel. 15 minutes from hotel. It's about a hour and half...about 20 minutes spent viewing fish and then about half hours snorkeling. Much better than Xel Ha. Warning: The magnification from the glass bottom boat made my daughter very sea sick. If you have problems with car sickness (like my daughter does) this may effect you as well. My husband however was fine and he has problems with boats.
There is plenty to do, or not to do. Either way you'll have a fantastic trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Caribbean(R) Nestled between a magnificent stretch of powder-white sand and lovingly tended tropical gardens, our two resorts offer an exceptional collection of services... And twice the fun. Escape to paradise. Sink your toes into soft white sand that's always cool to the touch and listen to the murmur of the waves. Start the day with a swim in the pool, work out in the gym or sign up for tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Vacatia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Royal Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Caribbean Resort Royal
- Royal Caribbean Resort Cancun
- Royal Carribean
- Caribbean Royal