I just got back from the Royal Carribean where my family members own a time share. They have been going for years and this was the first time I was able to go. I was not disappointed. The pool area is gorgeous. They have a swim up bar, waiters, resturants, and so much more. My favorite was happy hour and playing bingo at 3 pm.
The water is crystal clear. Since there is a bad undertow I was afraid to go swimming but did go into the water to cool off. The pool was my favorite though in the hot sun. I really liked that there was a kiddie pool seperate from the main pool so it was more relaxing. I also loved that you can use the Islander and Royal Mayans pools, resturants etc. It was like 3 resorts in 1!
The rooms were fantastic. We were on the 11th floor with an amazing view of the pool and the water. I have cousin who stayed in the ocean front suites and said they liked our side view better because we got both the pool and the ocean not just the ocean. We had a suite that sleeps 6 people. My sister and I as guests stayed on the pull out beds in the living room. They were really comfortable.
I loved painting and all the activities they offered. I never felt like I was in danger or anything it was super safe. My uncle who has been going there for 15 years complained that his fridge and stove were old and still there from 15 years ago and the next day they delivered new appliances right out of the box! They had great service and did everything to accomodate you.
Negatives: The beach is difficult to get to from the pool. I like to go back and forth but since you have to take elevators etc. it was pick one or another for that day. Also since I am in my early twenties I would have liked to be closer to malls, resturants, etc. I know that the Royals provide transportation which is great, and we had a rental car so had no problem but if you dont want to take shuttles or rent a car I would recommend the Royal Sands for its location. Also they charge a fee to use the work out room, not a big deal but just an fyi.
My sister did not like the food at the tradewinds but I found the grilled chicken sandwhiches to be amazing. You also have a grocery store right in the hotel to buy anything you want! We did not get sick at all during the vacation.
The vacation was great. I really enjoyed venturing out and seeing cancun, going to the malls etc. Make sure you go on an excursion and see the town! I defintely would love to go back to this resort and for the price you definitely can not beat it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Caribbean(R) Nestled between a magnificent stretch of powder-white sand and lovingly tended tropical gardens, our two resorts offer an exceptional collection of services... And twice the fun. Escape to paradise. Sink your toes into soft white sand that's always cool to the touch and listen to the murmur of the waves. Start the day with a swim in the pool, work out in the gym or sign up for tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Vacatia, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Caribbean Resort Royal
- Royal Caribbean Resort Cancun
- Royal Carribean
- Caribbean Royal