Couldn't fault location (although the area of beach in front of the resort has been ripped apart by a hurricane, they are planning to dredge and make good - who needs it anyway, great free half hourly shuttle between the 3 clustered resorts (Islander, Caribbean & Mayan) to the Sands (10 mins) which has a great beach). A joy to arrive (with a frequently car-sick child) and have to travel only 20 mins by minibus from airport to resort. You're assigned a concierge (not in the normal vein, but more as an adviser and available to answer all questions by phone anytime). The staff are wonderful - nothing is too much trouble. Transport is very reasonable (bus along hotel strip is only 7 pesos per person). Food is more than adequate in the resort with many many alternatives nearby. Took a trip up to Walmart (30-45 mins by bus) - yes it's a bit cheaper, but frankly the on-site supermarket more than catered for our needs - and by UK standards it wasn't too expensive.
The centre of our world for 2 weeks was the pool at the Islander. At 3pm they called happy hour when everyone around cheers and jumps into the pool to spend the next few hours until sunset sipping margaritas and pina coladas whilst making new friends in the pool. Wish I were there now!
They can book you on some great trips out. Xcaret is an excellent day out - although we nowhere near finished doing everything we wanted to do. There is an underground river you snorkel along (although you don't have to snorkel). Loads of things to see.
All in all this timeshare resort was better than any hotel I have ever stayed in. Service and attitude are the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Islander(R)is nestled on the beach and offers enchanting views of the Caribbean and the Nichupte Lagoon. Seek a moment of solitude at sunrise and enjoy blissful hours in the warm sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Islander All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Royal Islander Hotel Cancun