“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Bakersfield, California
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I did plenty of research for a good hotel for my first trip to Cancun and found this one had good reviews. I was scared when I booked fearing there would be a catch to the good price for a suite. This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I got an ocean view suite on the 4th floor . I must say everytime I looked outside I had a glance at the beautiful view. There was great customer service and the whole place was very clean. I loved the palapas available to guests. I also liked the fact that the pool was not deep being that I don't know how to swim I was still able to enjoy a good time at the pools. The only thing I didn't like was that you have to use your room key as a credit type of thing and then you pay at checkout. Not a big deal if you plan on exploring cancun and dining out.

2 Thank mglluvs2trvl
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator at The Royal Islander All Suites Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Islander is a very high quality resort location on an ideal stretch of beach. The resort and grounds are very well maintained, and you feel like your stay there is appreciated by management. Although there might be higher-end resorts with more amenities available, I can't imagine why one would need more services than what are available at the Islander.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and have an ocean view. I like rooms towards the middle of the resort. You have...
Helendale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Just returned from the Royal Islander in Cancun. Loved the property. Beautiful pools and beach. Staff very attentive and had great happy hour every afternoon. We had a two-room suite overlooking the pool and ocean. The huge balcony was pleasant to sit out on and relax, play games and enjoy cocktail hour. We stayed with friends and had the lock-off unit. Very spacious with two double beds, walk in closet. One minor complaint: location a little off the beaten path from the center of the hotel zone, but the busses come by quite regularly and are very safe.
Major complaint: The concierges are really sales people trying to get you to buy a timeshare or attend the timeshare presentation. Our concierge was up in our room the first night declaring that he was there to serve us and handle our every need. As soon as I bluntly told him we had no interest or plans in purchasing a timeshare or even attending the timeshare presentation, we never heard from him again. So much for his help. Instead, we booked our excursions through the people at the Thomas Moore Travel Desk, who were very nice and helpful.
In essence, a very nice, friendly, spacious resort, but avoid the "concierges", they're salespeople!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be in good locations. We had a second floor room overlooking pool and ocean a...
1 Thank Joan G
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

From the beginning everything was such a problem, when we arrived our hotel room wasn't ready. We booked 3 months in advance for a suite which sleeps 6 people but we had 9 people with us, they didn't allow them to stay with us even if we paid an extra fee to all stay in the same suite. So we had to get another room which in their book only sleeps 2, which leaves 1 person without a room. They ended up compromising but it took nearly 2 hours for us to finally get our room. The front lady at the front desk along with her co-worker lack of customer service. They did nothing to make us happy or not even a sorry for the inconvenience we got. They require EVERYTHING to be a room charge! It was very annoying wanting to even print out a sheet a paper. Very slow at everything when going to the front desk. We took a tour down to the Royal Caribbean which is the same company, totally different experience. They know how customer service should be. They didn't charge us to print out our boarding pass. Next time I think we will stay there rather than the Islander. I come from a hotel service experience so I am aware of the service that should be given. It wasn't the room problem that's making me give a bad review but the way they handled it and how they need much training on customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

4653B my room, ver y nice room, 5th floor, i could catch really nice sunrises!
I love the Royal Resorts, it's because I decided to buy in the Best one for me, Royal Haciendas Playa del Carmen!
Last night was an incredible night, very funny, Kareoke at Royal Caribean, very nice People, all of them singing, dancing, being happy, people of all ages, great experience!
See you soon Royal!

• Stayed May 2014
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

2 weeks at the Royal Islander is never enough. From the time you arrive and the beautiful grand entry you will be amazed at the level of service in this resort. Everyone there is happy to see you and it shows. The pool and beach areas are top notch and very well maintained. The villas are second to none and all feature incredible views. We really enjoyed the El Conquistador Restaurant has moved for the Royal Mayan to the Royal Islander and is a wonderful addition. There are daily activities around the pool. All sorts of excursions are available at very reasonable prices. This is a terrific vacation and I can not wait to return.

Room Tip: The beach front villas are terrific but the inside villas have views of both the pool area and the o...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chris s
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was my first trip to Cancun. The whole experience was far beyond my expectations. The accommodations were great and the staff was so attentive to me. I am handicapped and required a wheelchair which they graciously allowed me to use. The maid service was excellent. The entire week that we were there, they were continually manicuring the property...very impressive. The food was good as were the servers. Check out went very smoothly. Hopefully we will be able to come back next year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple