Just returned from the Royal Islander in Cancun. Loved the property. Beautiful pools and beach. Staff very attentive and had great happy hour every afternoon. We had a two-room suite overlooking the pool and ocean. The huge balcony was pleasant to sit out on and relax, play games and enjoy cocktail hour. We stayed with friends and had the lock-off unit. Very spacious with two double beds, walk in closet. One minor complaint: location a little off the beaten path from the center of the hotel zone, but the busses come by quite regularly and are very safe.
Major complaint: The concierges are really sales people trying to get you to buy a timeshare or attend the timeshare presentation. Our concierge was up in our room the first night declaring that he was there to serve us and handle our every need. As soon as I bluntly told him we had no interest or plans in purchasing a timeshare or even attending the timeshare presentation, we never heard from him again. So much for his help. Instead, we booked our excursions through the people at the Thomas Moore Travel Desk, who were very nice and helpful.
In essence, a very nice, friendly, spacious resort, but avoid the "concierges", they're salespeople!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Islander(R)is nestled on the beach and offers enchanting views of the Caribbean and the Nichupte Lagoon. Seek a moment of solitude at sunrise and enjoy blissful hours in the warm sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Hotwire so you can book your The Royal Islander All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Royal Islander Hotel Cancun