The Royal Islander All Suites Resort
$337
$330
$817
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$427
$508
$474
2,331 results
All reviewspaco's tacosel conquistadorroyal marketthomas moorefull kitchencaptain's covetime sharefree shuttlepersonal conciergeroom carddaily maid serviceliving roomwelcome homecity busconvenience storelarge balconypool bar
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We used points from our Disney Vacation Club membership to stay here in August 2008. We used Thomas Moore for transfers to and from the hotel and had no problems. If you travel to Cancun make sure you ignore all people in the airport trying to talk to you and go straight outside to meet your transportation. All of the people inside are trying to sell timeshares.

We arrived at the hotel and has a bit of a problem at check-in. Apparently we were the first people ever to not book from Saturday to Saturday and they seemed very confused by this. Consequently, it took us about 45 minutes to check-in while they called Interval International.

When we got to our room (just the lock off portion) the room was just average but the view was great. The hotel is very clean and landscaping is very nice. They had a lot of activities for kids which is great. Also, kids and adults alike will love to go paint a piece of pottery. They "fix" them for you when you are finished and make them look beautiful. My husband and I each paid $10.00 a piece to do that. Make sure to go drink a banana monkey during happy hour. They are regularly about $6.50 but during happy hour (from 3:00pm-7:00pm all drink are half price). They also give you free chips and salsa which are good. We ate at Paco Tacos which was ok for dinner one night. We also ate at Cayo Largo for breakfast one day which was good.

We went to Tulum and Xel Ha one day. Liked Tulum even though it was HOT but found Xel Ha to be overrated. We also suspect this is where I picked up some sort of abdominal misfortune (had to go to the doctor for antibiotics a week after returning home). We also went to Isla Mujeres and did the dolphin swim which was good but too rushed and too expensive. Went shopping in Cancun one evening. We took the shuttle to the Royal Sands and walked from there but you can also take the public bus for $1.00 which we did one day and felt safe.

One day my husband came running into our room to wake me to go see a sea turtle that was on the beach laying her eggs. The staff at each hotel will dig them up and move them to a safer location up against the hotels. When they hatch (about 45 days later) they encourage the kids to come help release them....very cool.

Overall the hotel was nice but would like more dining choices. My husband would love to return and do the trip to Chichen Itza (or chicken pizza as he calls it) but due to my gastrointestinal issues I'm not so sure!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nczcmz
Reviewed August 11, 2008

My husband and I brought our 3 children ages 12, 14 & 15 to the Islander for a week. I did alot of research on this site deciding which resort would be able to give my kids a little independence, yet be safe from a "Spring Break" atmosphere. This resort was a perfect choice. It is a 15 minute bus ride from downtown, but away from the hustle of Cancun city. We let the kids have room keys which they could charge their sodas and things they wanted to buy at the boutiques, etc. They loved this idea and they stayed within a reasonable limit-yes, we were testing this idea! The room was gorgeous and the maids kept it impeccably clean. We were on the 8th floor with a gorgeous ocean view.

My husband and I enjoyed a dinner for two at the Conquistador at the Mayan. Delicious! Banana Flambe' is delicious! We also enjoyed going across the street at Captain's Cove and Poncho and Willy's to see the crocodiles there.

We visited Xcaret, Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen which we thoroughly enjoyed. The time I spent on Trip Advisors asking questions for the past year paid off with a fantastic vacation for my whole family!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Pittfarm
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Own a timeshare in Florida, exchanged through II for a week in Cancun at The Royal Islander. I e-mailed the Islander 2 weeks before my arrival and advised them I was celebrating my 15 year wedding annivesary, and inquired about a room upgrade. Was given a room on the 8th floor overlooking the pool area. Beautiful views of the ocean. Arrived at the Cancun airport on Sat. 5-24-08 was immediately hammered by the time share people in the airport, I booked a timeshare tour at the Grand Mayan (90 minutes for $200.00 usd). I arrived at the Grand Mayan at 1030 am Monday morning, advised the (tour) guide that I was not interested in buying anything, I was only there for the $200.00. He insisted that he was going to sell me a week at the Grand Mayan. I told him he had 90 minutes to do it and after 90 minutes I was gone. I explained that I was like a taxi cab, if the ride went over 90 minutes I expected to be further compensted. After 90 minutes he was still blabbing, I walked into the lobby announced that my 90 minutes was up and wished to speak to a manager so as to collect my money. After yelling this twice, a manager approached directed me to a counter where i was given my money, and a ride back to the Royal Islander. Now about my stay at The Islander, awesome resort, would recommend to anyone planning a trip to Cancun, stay here you will be completely satisfied. From check-in, to The Captain's Cove, poolside bar, Tradewinds restaurant, the on-site store for groceries, to check-out not a single complaint. Staff was everywhere answering questions, providing information and directions. "Liz" was assigned to us, she was great. Visit to Xcaret was awesome (long day), must do the dinner, and show. Would highly recomend utilizing the Thomas Moore transport to/from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wellrested2008
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I am the type of person i needed to know every detail possible about the hotel before staying there. I literally read every review before i finally settled on ok ill try it. I went there and absolutely loved it. Though royal islander is the smallest of the couple it is ABSOLUTELY beautifullllll... we stayed in a normal room and a 2 bedroom suite the suite was gorgeous everything you could ever need every room with a balcony the suites with tables on the them overlooking the pretty pool and the ocean. I was very skeptical the first night because noone was around the pool closed at 10 and noone was to be seen, the next night i found out that noone stays at their hotel at night and you go to town and go to clubs. GREAT DEAL you go to the royal caribbean and met a man named Fernando ( greatest guy you will ever come in contact with there.. if you see him tell him alyssa says hi!!) and many many other people from all the royals will meet you there.. 40$ for transportation to the bar of the night.. changes every night.. and open bar the ennntireee night. can't get better than that.. i went with my sister 24 my father and my younger sister who is 17 and 4 of her 17 year old friends who all had a blast and went to the bars and clubs.. but what i didn't know was you have to pay on a credit like card from the hotel and pay afterward you cannot pay with cash on the resort.. which wasn't really a big deal.. beach is beautiful not many people to be bothering you and clear nice water.. though water is rough hard to swim in.. we still did.. you can go to the royal sands on free shuttles to all the royals running every 30 minutes and stay at any of the hotels every day.. the royal sands beach is very very nice.. overall i had an amazing time and i am a VERY picky person.. you will LOVE IT!!! trust me this is the way to go.. i was looking at oasis and gran melia and many others but this is the one! im telling you!!
any questions about anything.. feel free to contact me alyssarose2@gmail.com !!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank alyssarose2
Reviewed May 26, 2008

My husband and I exchanged our timeshare into the Royal Islander last week. What a wonderful vacation! The reviews are right on about this place. The service from everyone at the hotel is exceptional! Normally we shy away from the welcome parties as they are way to pushy on timeshare sales! Not this place. We went to three parties hosted by the resort (free food, drinks, games) and they were great! We did take the free bus ride to see their new resort, Hacienda in Playa de Carmen, and did a 1 hour timeshare tour. No pressure at all, we did not buy, and spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the beach and pool there. Ate at Captains Cove which was excellent, did a WalMart run (they advised not to go to WalMart on Sunday's as they are way too crowded), and just mainly relaxed at the resort. I do recommend the Spa at Royal Sands and did enjoy their infinity pool. We used USA transfers for our airport transportation and they were exactly where they said they would be. Lines at the airline to return home were long and painful so allow yourself plenty of time. We would return to the Royal Resorts and Cancun any time!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple