We stayed in a "lockout" portion of a condo - just the bedroom and bath, similar to a medium level hotel. All was great - view of pool and beach, plumbing, housekeeping, supportive bed-leaving no back troubles! Restaurants were good - not exceptional, but prices were reasonable considering it is a resort. Service on the beach was all it should be - constant attention - a shout out to Samuel and Israel. We did try Captain's Cove restaurant, and had a good experience - I thought it would be a "tourist trap," but was proved wrong. Be ready to walk - if you want to catch the bus you will have a 2 city block walk, and on your return, the last block is quite steep!
We used to stay at Gran Melia, now Paradisus, but I think we might have a new option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Islander(R)is nestled on the beach and offers enchanting views of the Caribbean and the Nichupte Lagoon. Seek a moment of solitude at sunrise and enjoy blissful hours in the warm sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Royal Islander All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Royal Islander Hotel Cancun