Own a timeshare in Florida, exchanged through II for a week in Cancun at The Royal Islander. I e-mailed the Islander 2 weeks before my arrival and advised them I was celebrating my 15 year wedding annivesary, and inquired about a room upgrade. Was given a room on the 8th floor overlooking the pool area. Beautiful views of the ocean. Arrived at the Cancun airport on Sat. 5-24-08 was immediately hammered by the time share people in the airport, I booked a timeshare tour at the Grand Mayan (90 minutes for $200.00 usd). I arrived at the Grand Mayan at 1030 am Monday morning, advised the (tour) guide that I was not interested in buying anything, I was only there for the $200.00. He insisted that he was going to sell me a week at the Grand Mayan. I told him he had 90 minutes to do it and after 90 minutes I was gone. I explained that I was like a taxi cab, if the ride went over 90 minutes I expected to be further compensted. After 90 minutes he was still blabbing, I walked into the lobby announced that my 90 minutes was up and wished to speak to a manager so as to collect my money. After yelling this twice, a manager approached directed me to a counter where i was given my money, and a ride back to the Royal Islander. Now about my stay at The Islander, awesome resort, would recommend to anyone planning a trip to Cancun, stay here you will be completely satisfied. From check-in, to The Captain's Cove, poolside bar, Tradewinds restaurant, the on-site store for groceries, to check-out not a single complaint. Staff was everywhere answering questions, providing information and directions. "Liz" was assigned to us, she was great. Visit to Xcaret was awesome (long day), must do the dinner, and show. Would highly recomend utilizing the Thomas Moore transport to/from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Islander(R)is nestled on the beach and offers enchanting views of the Caribbean and the Nichupte Lagoon. Seek a moment of solitude at sunrise and enjoy blissful hours in the warm sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Islander All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Royal Islander Hotel Cancun