“Family vacation - Enjoyed by all”
Review of Hotel Riu Caribe

Hotel Riu Caribe
Ranked #45 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of 21 people. Food was good, hotel was clean. Just wish the hotel would offer a different beer. The hotel has been recently remodel This was my second stay at the hotel and I would go back.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Kimberly C
Write a ReviewReviews (7,664)

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend & I stayed at the Riu Caribe between the 5th & the 19th of Sept'13 .. I absolutely LOVED everything about the holiday.

The hotel was beautiful, so clean & modern! The rooms were large, we had a twin room but they pushed the two beds together to make one HUGE bed for us and made it up so it felt like one bed as well. The rooms were kept so clean daily!

I'd 100% recommend this hotel, and we will be returning! The entertainment staff were amazing, Eli & Sesa were hilarious, along with Paris! Always keeping everyone happy, even on the days that weren't so sunny.. All of the entertainment staff were great! Angel at reception was so polite & always made effort to ask how we were, such a lovely guy! The bar/restaurant staff were such hard workers, so so friendly & worked their butts off to make sure everyones drinks were always topped up & all the tables were kept tidy!
I have to mention Gerado, we loved him!

Cancun is my favourite place so far & I cannot wait to go back! If you're looking at this place, just book it you won't regret it! We wasn't planning on a club type party holiday but we did go out a few nights & the nightlife is amazing! I'd advise to go out with the entertainment rather than the Thompson reps..

Make sure you ask for a room above the 6th floor & an odd number as its pool/beach facing! Best view!

To all the Riu Caribe staff, thank you so so much for an amazing holiday! One i'll never forget!

Megan & Tyrone (Kalimba) x x x

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MCBx
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had an amazing vacation at the RIU Caribe. The resort was absolutely beautiful and the service was impeccable. We stayed on the 9th floor saw our view was amazing! I would definitely suggest requesting a room above the 6th floor and upgrade to the junior suite...Totally worth it! The resort was recently renovated last year so it is very pretty and has a hot contemporary décor. The staff, service and cleanliness of this resort is great. The beach and grounds are immaculate. The water has wonderful shades of blue, and teal that blow you away.

The lobby is very trendy but it is an open-air lobby so it can be a little hot but still nice. You also have to make reservations for the specialty restaurants in advance but I got up early and was able to secure reservations for the steakhouse and the Mexican restaurant, both were great. I don't have anything negative to say about this resort...Great view, great food, great drinks, beautiful beach, and great service....My next resort will definitely be a RIU brand!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kemi O
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just returned from a week long trip, wish we could have stayed a little longer!! There was so much we wanted to do and didn't feel we had enough time to do it all within a week. We all went out there as a group to celebrate a birthday... The trip as a whole was WONDERFUL!! The staff was very curteous and entertaining!!
The reason I had to give it a 3 rating was because of the cons for this stay at the resort itself; it took away from it as a whole for me. Firstly it was the fact that their so called "WiFi" was set to limited usage and location... meaning you can only be on there for 90min (once you start the time keeps counting down, and you won't be able to get back online until the next day when you get another 90min), and the only place you can use it is in the lobby!! To me that is such an inconvienence, and def. not considered All-inclusive!! The other downfall for me was the lack of good exercise equipment (this of course only matters to us gym rats)... only some of the machines they had were very antiquated and only a few worked properly. Oh & don't go there when it's more than 5 people or you will be crowded out!! OHhhh & as for the food... UGH!! There are 4 restaurants within the resort, only one of them were available for the guests w/out having to reserve a table, which to me is ridiculous! If it's supposed to be all inclusive, all you should need is to be a guest and if it's full then you start turning away guests... Everytime we went to reserve we were told that they were booked up and we needed to come back the following morning to try and see if there was an opening (but when they opened for those "reservations" it looked like they had plenty availability), that was such an inconveinence because the only one that didn't require a reservation none of us wanted to even go there anymore after the first day, because it seemed like there wasn't anything there that was considered good cusine, it seemed like it was always lacking seasoning or just nothing looked like it was appealing, except for the fruit!! We ended up having to go off the resort into the nearest city to get a decent bite to eat, that to me is not what I expected out of an ALL-INCLUSIVE resort, and I've been to quite a few around the world. Lastly, I have to say I wasn't too happy with the drinks... they had variety which is awesome, but they used "diet" juice, which to me took away from the drink. Left a nasty after taste and to me seemed like I was downing medicine... I recommend they change that ASAP!! & FYI, if you like a lil more "kick" in your drink you have to ask for it to be stronger ;^)

Room Tip: Always pick a room that is facing the ocean & higher than the 4th floor... your views will be sp...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LadyD33Di
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our second time visiting. We loved it so much the first time we returned. The room was always clean, the food very good and the staff outstanding. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The water was crystal clear and blue. They have catamarans and paddle boards. Very fun. You can party at the pool or just lay on the beach. I think it is a very good choice for an overall nice, fun, affordable vacation. The only drawback are the on site restaurants. Though good, there's not much choice and overall I think the dining room and pool side food is better. We basically stayed near the resort, other than deep sea fishing, which was fun and the market 28. My recommendation is avoid the market. They absolutely pester the crap out of you. I know they have t-shirts, Cuban cigars, and tequila and its all 50% off. Just let me shop!!!

Room Tip: We stayed beach side and it was beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Darien45
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Other than been an excellent holiday and lovely hotel i would never go back as one of the entertainment staff (victoria/aniicky) spoilt my holiday by sleeping with my boyfriend, the hotels had a formal complaint and things are getting dealt with! Be careful around her!

• Stayed: September 2013
17  Thank Lnor1
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks in Cancun (16th Sept-1st Oct) - could not say anything negative about this hotel.
Everything was just perfect, great service, food, drinks, staff and the hotel was spotless.
Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple