“Always good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Rolandi

Casa Rolandi
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Rolandi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 951 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casa Rolandi Restaurant is fine yet unpretentious Northen Italian & Swiss cuisine. We are the perfect destination for any occasion, be it a business meeting, family dinner, or a romantic evening out. Casa Rolandi also offers a sophisticated wine list with selections that pair beautifully with our seafood, steaks and fine pastas. Our menu will delight and excite both your palate and your eyes as they artfully combine flavorful ingredients and modern culinary concepts with the distinct and authentic tastes of Italy. Allow our chefs to astound you with the finest hand-cut aged steaks, live Lobster, seafood, home made pastas and rich authentic sauces. Every dish is prepared fresh and just the way you like it. Our pasta, steak and seafood dishes are as renowned as our exceptional service. Established in 1981, Casa Rolandi is local favorite for those in Cancun, Our Brick Oven has been serving Cancun families for as long as most people can remember. Please accept our invitation to join us for lunch, dinner or drinks.
LaGrange, Georgia
“Always good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We come to Cancun yearly & Casa Rolandi is always on our list for dinner.We went twice this visit .The seafood is always fresh & prepared in innovative ways.My husband & daughters are pasta lovers & they're never disappointed.Ask to seated outside on the lagoon.Fantastic at sundown.

• Visited April 2014

Irvine, California
“Good food, great service, Map Location incorrect (moved to 13.5 Km of Ave. Kukulcan)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Trip Advisor map is incorrect! Shows it at the 8.5 Km mark (which is the old location apparently) and the correct location is at 13.5 Km.

My wife was craving chicken parm and although they didn't have it on the menu (anymore), the owner/manager went back into the kitchen and asked the chef if he could make it for us, and it was exceptional, as was my lobster ravioli. Nice indoor and outdoor area with a view of the bay/lagoon side.

Only problem were the Euro's smoking outside near us, even though there was a an elderly man with oxygen tubes running into his nose next to us, but couldn't really complain since it's perfectly legal there.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place, it has a good atmosphere, fantastic margaritas and tasty food. We had the Mexican platter which was good value. The service is also good.

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
“2nd table ....wonderful service, beautiful view, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I dined here the 2nd week of March. We were first greeted and placed inside of the restaurant by a gentleman who did not seem to care whether we were there or not. Our table was ok, but nothing special, and I was chilly inside (AC). The lighting was far too bright, and it didn't have that "cozy" feel I was after. We could have been in any country type feel. Also, our first waiter was not very "smiley", so I got up and walked outside on the deck to see if things were different out there.
What a difference!! What a wonderful setting! I asked to be changed, and although the wait staff hesitated, I didn't. There were several spots open, and I asked for one of the tables over-looking the lagoon. It was beautiful. The outside spaces quickly filled up over the next hour.
This server OUTSIDE was extremely gracious and professional and cared to know we were happy.
I was given a table side hanger for my purse and wrap. We were provided with bread with olive oil/b.vinegar to dip. The simple salad we shared was full of flavour. The hand-made pasta we shared was well presented and nicely done. We also shared a pizza margarita, I would say it was average to good. We had a nice bottle of red wine (their selection was quite good) with dinner, and our servers who had our table were very attentive in pouring, and clearing our dishes. We ended with a Mayan coffee and an shared an amazing tiramisu.
Our waiter took great care in doing the Mayan coffee prepared table-side - I wish I could remember his name, as he was one of the best waiters we had during our trip (he is pictured preparing the coffee).
If we had stayed in the inside of the restaurant, I am sure our evening would not have been so memorable. As our experience when we entered and first seated was not a good one, I am rating appropriately. Make sure you ask to sit outside on the terrace! The view is beautiful, and feel is romantic.

• Visited March 2014
Nova Scotia
“OK - not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Casa Rolandi in January. We were looking for a nice Italian meal near our hotel. It was fine, but hardly impressive.

I had the ravioli stuffed with wild mushrooms (one of my favourite pasta dishes), and it was so-so. Reminiscent of those that I buy in my supermarket pasta department. Nice, but nothing special. One of our friends had the prosciutto with melon appetizer, and it was lovely, but I would doubt that the prosciutto was made on-site.

A much better option for an Italian meal is at Limoncello, just a little further down the road.

• Visited January 2014