“Nice surprise ”
Review of Casa Rolandi

Casa Rolandi
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Rolandi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,036 Restaurants in Cancun
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casa Rolandi Restaurant is fine yet unpretentious Northen Italian & Swiss cuisine. We are the perfect destination for any occasion, be it a business meeting, family dinner, or a romantic evening out. Casa Rolandi also offers a sophisticated wine list with selections that pair beautifully with our seafood, steaks and fine pastas. Our menu will delight and excite both your palate and your eyes as they artfully combine flavorful ingredients and modern culinary concepts with the distinct and authentic tastes of Italy. Allow our chefs to astound you with the finest hand-cut aged steaks, live Lobster, seafood, home made pastas and rich authentic sauces. Every dish is prepared fresh and just the way you like it. Our pasta, steak and seafood dishes are as renowned as our exceptional service. Established in 1981, Casa Rolandi is local favorite for those in Cancun, Our Brick Oven has been serving Cancun families for as long as most people can remember. Please accept our invitation to join us for lunch, dinner or drinks.
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We come to cancun every year for past 5 and never heard of restaurant. Concierge recommended and couldn't be happier. Nice atmosphere (request seat out in patio overlooking lagoon), great food and terrific service (Jorge was great). Fried banana was awesome and fun spectacle for the kids.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We have been coming to Cancun every year since 1983, we by accident found this place in 1984 and fell in love with their food. We go there at least once every trip. Awesome minestrone soup and their Lasanga is killer. We pay for all inclusive at our hotel and don't venture out to eat at many other places but this place is well worth it. We have tried a number of the other Italian places that were supposed to be good and were many of the times dissapointed.. We invite at least one family with us each year as we have a very large Master Suite at one of the hotels and this is the place they talk about when you talk about great food. Jim

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We've always had a great time and great service at Casa Rolandi . This is my wife's favorite in Cancun and we are going back before we leave in a few days. I'm a very picky eater and while the menu is limited for me we've never had a bad time here. The view is fantastic and the prices are in line with other restaurants along the lagoon.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was our first visit at the newer location and wow was it great. While the food was every bit as great the first time we ate at Casa Rolandi, the ambiance and decor made it even more special. My husband and I shared the risotto Milanese with wild mushrooms to start. It was excellent. My husband had the pappardelle dish that he thoroughly enjoyed. The pasta was homemade and very thin. I did sneak a taste and would have to say it was the best pappardelle I have ever tasted. I had the grilled shrimp skewers with vegetables and potatoes. The char on the shrimp was perfect, a very tasty dish indeed! The bill including two glasses of wine and two beers and dessert was $100 which we found a good value.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Reputations, good or bad, are difficult to lose. This restaurant is clearly living off the past.

If you're a fan of overcooked pastas and bland, heavy handed sauces and you're willing to pay New York City prices for it (along with disinterested service), then this is the place for you.

I think pasta should be al dente, not mushy to the point where its difficult to eat with a fork. I think sauce should be bright and flavorful. I think a wait staff should notice when you only take two bites of your dinner and ask if anything is wrong with the dish. I think paying USD $20 for the privilege of sub-par pasta and disinterested service is sucky.

On the plus side, the carpaccio de pulpo is excellent and the patio overlooking the lagoon is nice. Oh yeah, the waiters bring your food out with silver covers and coordinate lifting them (OK, that was sarcastic).

Bottom line, there are better options if you're looking to have Italian food in Cancun.