Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
Paradisus Cancun(Cancun)
  • Breakfast included
7,128 results
All reviewsparadise buffetsixties bardolphin barpier restaurantla restaurantentertainment staffocean viewcoconut shrimpsister hoteltequila volleyballclub roomlagoon sidebreakfast and lunchsteakjapanese restauranthave a good timesushi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2010

The cleaniness of the hotel was good. The food venues were less than average. The customer service was horrible. They couldn't handle the smallest of problems but were so sorry. The service in most food venues was average. The closing of the beach with no notice to guests was totally unprofessional. Thier answer was to be shuttled to the sister hotel and use thier beach which was covered in rocks. The maid service seemed to have sticky fingers even with leaving a gracious tip each day. I'm glad we were together as a family because that was the best part.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank bobbydeskins
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We were not disappointed because the reviews prepared us for what to expect. Most of my travel is international business with 20,000 -30,000 air miles on each trip, 4-5 star hotels, with very nice business dinners each night. The "Golden" provided us with plenty of sun by the pool, nice conversation with other guests, and staff that was interested in service.

What I enjoyed the most....

1) Deep tissue massage in the Spa
2) A treadmill for my 5K per day
3) Vegas quality entertainment at the Galaxy (on property)
4) Hot tub with a great beach view
5) Attentive staff...you can see the names on other reviews!
6) Hotel-sponsored evening at CoCo Bongo

What I enjoyed the least......

1) Firm mattresses
2) Aircon noisy and you have to run it very cold to keep the humidity down.
3) Service at Shangri-La ( the others venues were excellent)

What I recommend....

1) Take insulated Tervis (unbreakable) tumblers....to keep your drinks large and cold!
2) Don't be a tightwad....Bring plenty of dollar bills
3) Ask other guests what they enjoyed doing, eating, etc. on your first day so that you
can make good choices...everyone is willing to give advice!
4) If you need what I normally get on my business trips...all the comforts of home and
excellent food, stay at the Ritz or other resort at 5x the cost.

When I go back to Cancun, I will stay at this hotel again because the people that work there and the people that enjoyed staying there are like me...REAL!

8  Thank islebback
Reviewed December 31, 2009

If you want luxury go to another resort if you want friendly people great service sta y here. Can not find a bad thing to say about this place. Would go back and will. Food was great. Pools were nice. Beach beautiful.Best time at the Tiki Bar.

5  Thank MrsDT91
Reviewed December 30, 2009

My Mom and I booked last minute and got a really good deal for this resort. (btw, I was 18 at the time and my mom was in her early 40's)

This resort was amazing! It is an all adults hotel, which means no kids screaming and peeing in the pool lol. The pool was nice, the beach was beautiful, and there was always something to do. A nice thing was that you didn't have to book reservations for any of the a la carte restaurants (you have to make reservations at most resorts). The food was really good, although there aren't many vegetarian options (I am a vegetarian), but I loved the nachos and cheese sauce for lunch! Room service was free and was open 24 hours. There was a really nice--but small air-conditioned gym that looked like it had all new equipment, also, a couple times a week a yoga instructor comes and runs a class under the gazebo right by the pool. It was so relaxing because you could hear the ocean waves and they changed the music by the pool which is normally loud party music to something a little more calm. The location is perfect if you like to shop and be in the action, The golden parnassus in on the hotel strip near all of the other main hotels. It is a bit too far too walk into town but the bus is really cheap and you can catch it right outside the resort, and the tourists and the locals use the buses, but it is completely safe. The shopping in downtown cancun is endless! There are those little markets as well as a mall that sells higher end things. Also, one of my favortie things was the nightclubs! The resort had this deal where you pay anywhere from $35-$55 american and they will provide transportation to a club and back to the resort(there is a different one every night) which includes drinks and vip area in the club (we went to bulldog) and you don't have to wait in the line either, you get a special wrist band and they just let you in. It was so much funnnnnn!!!! ---just be careful, it is a nightclub after all. also, if you want to go back to the resort earlier then you can take the bus back, that's what we did. If it wasn't so expensive I would have gone every night. As well, there was a shuttle that could take you the the golden parnassus' sister hotel--the great parnassus. You can eat there and use all of their services. If you didn't want to party and be in the action, if you stayed up by the pool chairs that are covered by an awning then the staff wont drag you up to play a game. There was also this bar area with pool tables and a dance floor which they call the "beer garden" I think. My mom and I usually hung out there after dinner and played pool and sipped on some drinks, it wasnt very busy in there though.

I would recommend this resort to younger people who are looking to have a great time!!!!

Overall,I had an amazing time!!! I would definitely go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank DrtyNorthQueen
Reviewed December 30, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Golden Parnassus from Dec 21 - 28.
NO BEACH: A travel agent booked the last minute trip thru Delta Vacation. No one informed us that a massive beach restoration project was happening, so the beach was closed until Dec 24. Each day, the resort personnel would tell us the beach would be open tomorrow and we could go to Grand Parnassus to use the beach. Several guests from Grand Parnassus said there was no beach (because the restoration project had not started on their property). The 'beach' was rocky and no where to layout. On Dec 24 and 25, there was heavy machinery moving back and forth along the beach, but we could use it. Due to volume of heavy machinery on the beach, we were told to either stay on the water side or resort side for 2 hrs. No crossing back and forth. Delta Vacation claims they did not know about this and offered us $100/each... This is BS and will dispute part of the vacation cost with Delta and/or American Express. This massive restoration project has been on-going in Cancun since April 2009.

REVIEW: Vacationers are now treated to a much larger beach thanks to a beach restoration project. We've stayed at newer all-inclusive resorts, but they were also more expensive. Overall, we got a great deal on a last minute vacation over the Christmas. We really enjoyed the adults-only resort – no rude kids screaming or running into you. For an all-inclusive the food, service, staff was good. The guests and locals were also very friendly, something we have not experienced at other all-inclusive resorts. The guests were mainly from US and Canada.
STAFF: A majority of the staff was very friendly, except one young lady at the front desk. Upon our arrival, Veronica at the front desk was unfriendly. She told us our room would be ready in an hour. We ate and had a drink and returned an hour later and she said it would be another 10 minutes... eventually 45 minutes later we were escorted to our room - which had 2 double beds. I immediately called and said we should have a king sized bed, but she said there was no mention of the king bed on the reservation. I asked if we could be switched she said none were available unless I paid $30/nite more for ocean view. I asked to be put on a waiting list and she said there was no king for my entire stay. She did not apologize for the room not being ready on time or even look into getting us another king size bed room. I will also mention there were no other customers at the front desk. Other guests said she was also short with them. I talked to my travel agent who said she did request it.
ROOMS: clean, well maintained. I believe all rooms have some kind of water view. We had a view of the lagoon/bay with a balcony. Very nice and relaxing. I would not have paid $30/nite more to have a view of the ocean and noise of construction equipment.
We had a deluxe room and there was no refrigerator or coffee maker. Bring coffee mugs and water bottles. There is a water cooler and coffee machine in the main lobby. Bring several water bottles – one for bathroom use (brushing teeth) and one for carrying around at the pool, beach, etc.
We turned the air conditioning in the room on a lot because of the noises in the hall. The atrium opened to the 6th floor, so at times you could hear the music and noises from the bar in the atrium.. we were on the 5th floor. The AC would usually drown out the noise.
RESORT: yes a bit outdated as other travelers mentioned. Marble floors are cracked, pitted, but it's clean. It's not a dump, just not as swanky as many of the resorts around.
FOOD: Good. Many made to order stations - omelets, pancakes, etc for breakfast and wok, fajita, etc for lunch. Service in the Paradise was OK. You had to flag down a server to get coffee. I made the mistake of walking to the server station to pour my own coffee. The servers were quite irritated with me, but I was sick of them pouring coffee for several tables near me, and then walking away. Service got better after we left tips.
The restaurants were good as well... service was a little iffy... Shangri La was pretty good for an all inclusive. The steaks here are much better than Old Barn. Pier 12 and Sumo were OK food-wise. Old Barn was terrible for steak and ribs.
There are many nicer restaurants just outside the resort, but they are expensive. Great, great food, but expect the prices to be equivalent to a nice dinner in the US.
Wine was ok, but after going to an off site restaurant, it tasted like vinegar. Same wine at every restaurant. Ugh!
STAFF: Everyone was very friendly - except Veronica. The concierge continued to tell us the beach would be open the next day and that she had no control over the Mexican Government’s project. She said the Grand Parnassus had a great beach, but when we informed her that guests said no – she just argued with us. She was helpful with maps to local shopping area and what busses were needed.
LOCATION: We were able to walk to several malls and like the off-resort restaurant; they were very pricey for Mexico. You are basically paying the same in the US. Tequila was the same price, maybe a bit more. You can take buses to other shopping areas. I felt safe walking on the streets. They were clean. You can also walk in to many of the non-inclusive resorts to check them out. We walked around the Westin resort and the staff there was very friendly. We stopped to buy a drink, and then walked back to Golden P via the beach.
BEACH: Once the beach was ready it was very nice.
One thing I really liked was the lack of vendors on the beach. There were few venders hawking necklaces and jewelry. The vendors we did encounter were respectful once you said no thank you.
POOL: OK in size, but it was COLD! The hot tub that faces the ocean is warmer, but not ‘hot’. The last full day we were there was very hot and the pool was very nice because it was cold. The pool bar is fun to hang out in the early evening. The bartender was a hard worker! You really didn’t have to wait long for a drink, even with a full bar of customers.

3  Thank LeinieGal