Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
$337
$330
$817
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$427
$508
$474
7,225 results
All reviewsparadise buffetsixties bardolphin barpier restaurantla restaurantentertainment staffocean viewcoconut shrimpsister hoteltequila volleyballclub roomlagoon sidebreakfast and lunchsteakjapanese restauranthave a good timesushi
Reviewed November 8, 2004

this was my second trip to cancun. stay was from Oct. 31-Nov.4 2004. service was excellent. food was average to above average. Take a large plastic cup with you if you drink beer. they will fill it up for you and save you many trips. alfonzo,regino, and megail are great bartenders. christina is the pool girl and does great also. the only thing i would improve on is the night life. there is a beer room and some shows but a band or something would be nicer in my opinion. front desk staff also nice.
pool and beach is impeccable. if there is red flags out for the ocean stay out of water. undertow is dangerous. im going back next year.

• Stayed: November 2004
5  Thank shrimper32017
A TripAdvisor Member
Chico, California
Reviewed November 8, 2004

As a single working mother this trip was most definately a treat, but when my brother, sister-in-law and I stepped off of the plane and onto the sheer pleasure they call "Cancun" we could not have been more impressed. Although we were spotted easily as "tourists" and had folks from all over trying to sell us a little bit of everything,(beware timeshares-these people are everywhere!!!) We were immediately swept up by our American Express representative who showed and escorted us to our breathtaking hotel. After being awake for 38 hours you would think I'd be ready for sleep but no, I made my way through the hotel, window shopping, (there were better deals in the Hotel than anywhere else we went, without the constant man handling we recieved while at the outside markets-ladies, BEWARE: do not go by yourself, go with a partner, group, etc.) I was completely mesmerized at the architectural beauty of the building, the mermaid in the lobby will make your jaw drop,and wandering literally by accident out to the pool area- little did I know, this is where it all begins in Cancun. I was quickly greeted with a smile that made me feel like a long lost friend, (only my friends dont usually bring me a cocktail!!) and my Cancun adventure had officially begun. Curiosity killed the cat-- I had to go see the beach- I had been told by many locals, this was known to be one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Cancun, honestly the beaches,coves, and lagoons of Cancun were all gorgeous, but this beach was perfection, like I told my friends, God had a great day when he made Cancun!!! There is no other way to say it than just like that. The combination of bathwater like ocean, and satin to the skin sand are in a word-UNBELIEVABLE-Plenty of activities, and room enough to where your neighbors aren't sitting on your lap while you're catching sun or a nap...there is plenty of both sun, and shade. Cocktail waitresses as far as the eye can see and if your eyes arent working up to par- the Tiki Bar is only a few sandy steps away. We met people from every state in the Nation, from BOSTON -(HI JOE!!! WAY TO GO SOX!!!!,) Las Vegas NV.(Lisa Cari and married LISA!!), Wisconsin, Wyoming (Kevin & Kay- we sure miss you guys!!!) New York (Cari and Casey if you read this send e -mail girls: Have I got pictures for YOU!!!) Britain, Poland and even the Czech Republic!!! There wasn't one single person that worked there or stayed there that was not friendly fun and ready for a good time. I know I gained 10 pounds while we were there- the FOOD- oh my gosh, you cannot say enough about the food, it was all great. All you can eat -all the time- is what the ads should say!!! The Barn serves the MEANEST steaks!!! but honestly I think my favorite was the availability of cheeseburgers 24 hours a day, well, I am American! (thanks from room # 223 I love you guys in roomservice!!-especially at 4am!) I honestly cannot say enough about GCPS, the fact that it is adult -only, all inclusive should say it all. However, the staff they employ work harder than any other staff at any other property I have seen world wide. Marianna is the massage queen of the entire spa, I highly recommend a rub down from her, all the way down to maid service Angelicca, who we rarely if ever saw, somehow our room was always immaculate (yet another miracle of GCPS, with fresh fruit and flowers everyday!!) There was ALWAYS something going on, and the activities directors Jerry, Katie, and Chantelle, are amazing, how they get everyone involved in the fun is completely beyond human capabilities. We were invited to everything from skits, pool and sand volleyball, to the Bar Leap (probably the BEST time you will find in Cancun, COCO BONGO ROCKED!) The boys from the bar are by far my favorite human beings in Mexico, (thank you Perfecto for the beautiful Bloody Marys' that kept the hangover at bay until I came back home, to Carlos for the crazy fun time BODY SHOTS ANYONE??? (anyone female under the age of 99 will appreciate the great service and slow shy smile of this Hispanic firecracker- what a little cutie!!) and to Smiley(Jose')- you made the entire trip worth while!!! Best waiter ANYWHERE! We left the property on more than one occasion, for shopping, sight seeing etc, although it wasnt necessary if you really didn't WANT to, one evening of going to dinner turned out to be a whole night of dancing at Jimmy Buffetts Margaritaville, great staff, great food, great music, like all over Cancun they made us feel right at home, if you go- tell "Duke" (he's the musical entertainment) California sends a big hello!!! Try the raspberry margs, YUMMY more like dessert, less like a drink!! Bring your dancin' legs cuz they will make sure to pull you out there with them!!! There is so much to this country, that few will be blessed enough to say: they saw it all, we did our best to experience every little thing we could, including: although by accident, riding the bus (which by the way runs 24/7- for 65 cents or 650 pesos and is the cheapest most convenient way to maneuver your way around the city!) through the less than prosperous neighborhoods, just to remind us how completely lucky we are to live in a country where we are free, and have opportunity to succeed. I have to say that Cancun was definately a pleasure tour for my soul, I will be returning soon,not soon enough, but soon, and will not stay anywhere but at the Golden Crown Paradise Spa- the trip wouldn't be complete without everyone there!!! We miss you guys already!! See you next October!! ~Melissa~ room 223

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 8, 2004

I went to GC by myself for 7 days and had a blast. I had booked my vacation with Apple vacation and had very easy transfer from Airport to the hotel. They are other people who try to act as Apple representive and just walk by them. Know your Apple people by their shirt. It did take a while to get everyone on the bus and it stops at different hotels on it's way to GC and continues from there to other hotels. and I got to my hotel 45 minutes after going through the custom. After arriving at the hotel an Apple representive met with me and had a short conversation about the tours they offer and what to do for departure,etc. Had a blue wrist band for all your inclusive. I was able to check into my room 2 and half hours after arriving at the hotel and I had Ocean view with the king size bed. Room 420 and it was great. Everyting clean and no bad smell.
I ate at all different resturants and buffet. The food was good at all of them. You judt have to remember that you are in Mexico and things are different. Portions are smaller which is a good lesson for us Americans who are used to eating alot.

I played beach volley ball and pool volley ball everyday and it was lot of fun.
The staff are great and do their best to keep you busy. The male staff do flirt alot of with all the females and if get a chance do even more which they are not supposed to but hey they know you are all drinking and they can try for it specially when you are out at the clubs and by then so loaded that you don't care. Be careful about drinking and going out in Cancun.
over all this is a great place and I will return. Met a lot of nice people from all around the globe.
Drinking water did not bother me at ll this time at this resort.
Good luck, lay back and relax and remember you are in Mexico not USA.

1  Thank In8dr0
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed November 7, 2004

The hotel has a beautiful view of the ocean and nice balconies. I was disappointed with the food. It was really just fair. Service was fine, but not exceptional. My husband and I had a nice time, but I probably would not return to this hotel for our next visit. The food and drinks reminded me of your average wedding reception. Nice to have hotel with no kids and small crowd. Entertainment a little "cheesy". Go to town for a nights entertainment...worth buying your own drinks! But you can never have a bad time in Cancun.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 3, 2004

In looking to book a vacation, my sister-in-law and I used Tripadvisor to help narrow the selection of resorts for our first vacations in about 20 years. From the prior reviews for the Golden Crown, we held high hopes when we booked our vacation. To say that the Golden Crown far exceeded our wildest dreams would be an understatement. From the moment we walked through the doors of this wonderful haven, we had the trip of a lifetime. The hotel was impeccable, the food great and most important, service was tremendous. More over, the people that came to also vacation at the Golden Crown ensured that this vacation would be one that we would not likely forget soon, we feel lucky to have made friends with so many wonderful people. The beach at the Golden Crown was the best I have ever seen. We had not even left the airport in Cancun when my husband, Melissa and I started planning our return vacation next year. We returned to California and rain on October 22nd, after a week of luxury and warmth, and we have not been able to stop raving about what a wonderful place the Golden Crown and Cancun were. We are recommending not only Cancun as the place to visit, but the Golden Crown as the place for adults to go and play to everyone that we know. We are already counting down the weeks until we are able to go back next October.

2  Thank ddarknight01