“What a great time!”

Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #55 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Cancun before and this was my second vacation there. So I decided to try something different and we did an all adults resorts. So it was two couples between the ages of 30-40 and we had a good time. We all had the jacuzzi suite which was very nice. The view from the room was beautiful. The suite included a In room dinner which was so romantic. The pool was nice and clean. The activities at the hotel was fun. Oh the food was delicious. I know everyone had their own likes and dislikes but the pasta house was the best. The workers there were just wonderful so nice and so willing to help. I can't wait to go back.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DANI B

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Awesome all inclusive adults only resort although i met an 18 year old who was staying there which i was pretty annoyed about. The facility is nice, laid back, friendly staff, and amazing beach. Although we had a great time it, i found that it was mostly for couples. Every time i found myself talking to a guy who seemed single his wife would appear. Otherwise, just a great resort without all the pretentious hubbub! Worth a visit. Ill definitely be back. Also-the suites arent all that. Ill definitely be going back when im married...

Room Tip: There is very little difference between the suite and the regular room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Zuzuspetals3
Reviewed June 19, 2014

After reading all of the bad reviews I was nervous for my stay but despite all the negativity, I couldn't find one thing wrong with this resort. All of the staff was so kind, fun, and friendly. The resort is so clean and nice! There were different shows to attend nightly and the bars were great! You didn't even need to go downtown to find something to do. A GREAT time! Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rebeccca1992
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Before I review how awful this hotel is I would like to say we are not snobby or perfection fanatics! This is the worst hotel I have stayed in.
After being unwell we were transferred here by our holiday company for a "relaxing honeymooners hotel", which it is anything but. Night 1: at 3am our ceiling collapsed drenching our bed and our belongings. When we rang downstairs the shockingly bad reception staff told us there was nothing they could do as they were fully booked. They were not fully booked, after an hour a repair guy arrived and an upgrade room "magically appeared". I say upgraded room, it was still horrid. The rooms are so damp the floors were wet and slippy, we had to throw clothes away and our mattress was covered in mould. The maid would make the bed and by the time we went to sleep we had to call for fresh sheets as they were damp and smelly. The bedding was really dirty: bodily fluids on pillows & stained sheets.
The food here is really horrible! We ended up eating out even though we paid all inclusive. Either burnt or undercooked. The only half decent place to eat was pier 12.
The bar staff were great as long as they got a good tip which is worth doing! (it's like that everywhere in Cancun). Reception staff are rude and in for every penny they can squeeze from you. They are not interested in the dirty shabby state of the hotel & guests safety. Also tried to charge us over 200USD for an "upgrade" because of the room we were moved to by the hotel manager after our ceiling came through and caused our belongs to be ruined from the damp!!!!!! Luckily our rep sorted this after huge embarrassment at checkout.
The doors have huge gaps underneath so no matter where you are (we moved round 3 rooms in total) it is REALLY noisy!
I have uploaded pics from this stay. All in all I would recommend this hotel to be avoided!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
18  Thank SDennard
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We went to this resort in June 2013. The beach is the best part of this resort and the staff are very friendly, in especially the bar tender at the beach. The resort is a little old and there wasn't a fridge in the room but the place is clean and there weren't many mosquitoes. There were staff cleaning things constantly and the food in the restaurants are good.

The rooms all face an open lobby so if there were rowdy and drunken people, you may hear them but the staff will quite them down quickly. The beach is clean but the pool is on the smaller scale. The people are mostly couples with a few groups. My wife was tanning topless without any issues.

The only thing we can complain about is that the crepe station in the lobby closes at 6-7pm, which is a little disappointing as crepes are usually desert. However, given the closing time, we had to eat the crepe before our dinner.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ReefDiving
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were out one and when we came back 2 of our rooms were broken into. Clothes thrown everywhere, safe broken into and 2 phones, cash and a tablet were stolen. Managers did not do anything about it, instead they decided to kick our group out. The security there looks like the cartel. It was an inside job, that's for sure. I've been told by the clerk who works downstairs that it happens at least once a week. Most terrible resort I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2014
23  Thank Jason109
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Let me start by saying that we have stayed at many A-Is over the years, from high-end Palace properties to last-minute budget properties. This is NOT a Palace, but the staff (bartenders, servers, housecleaning, front desk) at the Golden Parnassus are possibly the friendliest and happiest we have ever experienced. I would list the names of my favorites, but then I would have to list the names of virtually every employee we came in contact with.

We absolutely loved the Tiki bar down by the pool overlooking the ocean. It was a cool, laid-back place to grab some shade and a drink during the day, or enjoy a drink with the sound of waves crashing and the fresh seabreeze at night. Most A-Is have a beach bar, but these usually close in the evening and you have to stay indoors at night. But here, the Tiki bar stays open til well past midnight. The guests fill the place up, the bartenders keep the drinks flowing, an eclectic mix of music to keep everybody happy. This place definitely made up for the lack of a swim-up bar.

We also really liked that there was no buffet for lunch or dinner. They had several al a carte restaurants, no reservations or dress code required. Every lunch and dinner we had was made to order for us. The steak, Japanese, and seafood restaurants were our favorites. And the food court set-up for lunch (Italian, Mexican, and Asian) was awesome. I recommend the tacos al carbon at the Mexican station, and my wife loved the stir-fried duck at the Asian station. As I said, no reservations required at the restaurants, so you may have to wait 15-30 minutes to be seated. But no worries, plenty of places to lounge with a drink in your hand.

They only had one pool, but I never once felt like it was crowded. It was large enough that everybody was kind of spread out. And there was always some kind of activity going on in the pool to keep everybody busy at having fun. However, they could use a bit more shade around the pool.

The 60's bar off the lobby turned into a disco at night, and we had a lot of fun dancing and watching other people dance. It was definitely a fun place to hang out. And the last day we were there, an all-day rain hit, so they opened up this bar mid-day and everybody partied all day and all night. It got pretty crazy.

The room was comfortable, but definitely no frills The bed and linens were clean and comfy, we had hot water for our shower, a nice balcony to check out the oceanview. Upgraded to Club Room, and had our mini-fridge restocked daily with beer, water, etc...

Also, this is an adult only resort. I was a bit worried about this since my wife and I are not swingers, and I have heard that a lot of adult only places can be on the kinky side. But the Golden Parnassus was never once weird or creepy. While they did have a few 'sexy' games at the pool and in the disco, there was never anything over the top that would make a regular adult feel out of place. Just real adults having real adult fun and real adult conversations.

As I said earlier, this is not a Palace. The property is a bit older and on the small side, but it is clean, comfortable, and fun. And being small, you never have to walk far to get to your next spot. If you are looking for posh and elegance, you may want to look elsewhere. But if you are looking for an awesome staff, great bartenders, good food, and some real adult fun in modest but comfortable surroundings, I recommend the Golden Parnassus. We will be returning.

Room Tip: We booked a standard room online, and I negotiated for an oceanview Clubroom once we arrived. Cost...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Dave Y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort
Grand Oasis Palm
Grand Oasis Palm
#47 of 177 in Cancun

Been to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun? Share your experiences!