“i would go NOWHERE ELSE”

Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #53 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed November 10, 2013

What can I say , but....JUST go there....this was my 2nd time at the resort. I wouldn't go anywhere else. If there is one negative ...it would be that I'm not there long enough. I've/We've met forever friends there from all over...London, Chicago, NC...Not to mention the staff...THERE is not one person that works there that i do not love.....It is true about the tipping...mentioned in some posts....BUT i feel that if you want good service you should TIP...FOOD is AWESOME...DRINKS awesome..ENTERTAINMENT staff awesome....why NOT tip...THEY truly go OUT of their way to please you in every way !!!!

Room Tip: i have only had ocean view, but one of my friends had lagoon view and it was beautiful...YOU ARE nev...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank DorothyE123
Parnassus2011, Director de Recepción at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for visiting us for a second time and for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to read that you really enjoyed your visit and that our staff made of it a greater one.

Hope to see you around here this 2014. Our best wishes for you and yours this New Year!

María Reyes

There are newer reviews for Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Staying at the golden sounded great. Adult only in beautiful cancun. What could go wrong...allow me to explain! First of all, I arrive at the golden. After a series of questions, (is this a honeymoon, are you married, how old are you) we were screened and the staff decided to send us to the sister hotel, the great parnassus. Although we booked almost a year in advance, we were told there were no rooms (bs-plenty of older married couples who arrived after us got rooms) and we would have to relocated to the great parnassus. They said to head over, check out the rooms, have a drink and get some food. By the way, Great is a complete over statement. THis place is so incredibly bad. We are shuttled to the great and for over 2 hours, we are treated like we have the plague. No one will listen to us or talk to us to understand the situation. We ask to see the room they are supposed to give us and they "don't know what we are talking about". There is no record of us coming. They will not show us a room, so we ask where we can get food and drinks and they won't let us. Why? Oh, because we don't have a bracelet so we can't have anything. I have been traveling at this point for 8 hour without food and have spent an additional 3 or so hours at these resorts trying to figure out whats going on. Now they are starving us becuase they can't get their crap together and can't communicate. We go back to the golden and explain the horrible service. They say they are sorry and accompany us back to the great and say the manager of the great will help us. They drop us off, speak to the manager who takes us to the front desk and immediately leaves without saying even one word to us. So rude. We get a room. We go to the room. Its about 8 pm by this time. We are hungry and have been in cancun for about 6 hours and just got a room. (check in is 3) We get there and the AC doesn't work. We ask the cleaning lady to call maintanence. While waiting, I attempt to relax by filling the tub. THE WATER IS YELLOW!!!! And it smells awful. While that is happening, maintance comes, completely destroys the rooms, water all over the floor, parts of the ceiling everywhere including on the bed. He finishes his "work" and leaves the mess behind. by the way, he didn't fix the AC. We try to call the front desk to complain, but the phone won't work. So we go to the front desk. They give us a new room but refuse to help us move our luggage. We get there finally and realize the water is still yellow in this room too. We are too tired to keep moving and they don't have any other rooms for us to we stay in that room for the night with a promise that first thing in the morning we will get a new room with clean water. The next morning we are moved to another room. Again, yellow water. I complain again and they say the receptionist sent us to the wrong room. They say we will get our new ccorrect room but its not ready and will be ready in 1 hour. We go on a tour and come back 2 hours later. Its still not ready. They ask us to wait 45 more minutes. We do, and its still not ready. They say another hour. I start getting angry and tell them how upset i am and that this is not acceptable. They tell me to have a seat and will be back in just a moment to let me know whats going on and what they can do. I sit there for an hour. Nothing. No one comes back. I go back up to the desk...well I tried. but the weather was rainy and the entire resort floor was wet and i fall. Do they help? absolutely not! I get to the desk and the room is ready finally, but no one bothered to tell us this. I ask again for help with luggage. They refuse again. I lug all my stuff to the new room. Guess what?! YELLOW WATER AND BROKEN AC!! I don't have the patience so I go to the front desk in tears sobbing and asking for a refund so I can just go somewhere else. No-they will not refund me, they will not help, nothing. I find out then that there is a problem with the water being yellow and they staff has been lying this entire time when they said we would get a room with clear water. I have no idea why it took 4 rooms to figure that out. They refuse to help so we are forced to stay in this prison they call a resort. This was by far the worst experience at a hotel every. I will never stay again. Terrible. And in addition, I wanted an adults only vacation. This resort is the number 1 resort for children. Really?!?!?! And this is where we are sent for a relaxing romantic vacation. This was the most stressful awful trip ever. Kids ran around everywhere, touching all the food, there was bread at the bottom of the pools, kids in the bars, kids screaming in the restaurants. It was horrrible. Do not every go to either place. We also went back to the golden to complain and ask for a room there. They said we would be the very next to get a room before anyone else checked in, we would get a room. They said they would call us asap. We never heard from them again. These places would be better off run by apes. Im sure they could do better and be nicer. I hated this vacation!

Room Tip: Do not go here!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
16  Thank Jackie K

Dear guest:

We’re really sorry to read about what happened during your visit. Your feedback is really important to make sure and prevent this doesn’t happen again to you nor anyone, so this will be forwarded to all the staff involved in this situation.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Best regards,

María Reyes

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Recently we stayed at this resort for 2 weeks and it was amazing. The bar staff was nice however I felt that if not tipped some of the bar staff were a bit rude and ignoring us. The breakfast staff at the paradise are amazing people as well as the entertainment staff. They are always smiling and chatty and pleasant to talk to. The entertainment staff work hard to make sure everyone by the pool and beach have fun. They do shows which are ok but don't expect too much from the shows tho. We were lucky with the weather and that the hotel wasn't too busy at the time. You also can use their other hotel which we visited and found chaotic as it's too bid and too noisy and has kids running around and creaming we had to wait for over an hour for the table at the French restaurant and also that part of the beach is not that nice. We found that this hotel has the best beach which was always clean. Food was good not great tho I would have liked more local food like burritos maybe but a lot of the food choices are European cuisine based.
Overall is a good location and a nice clean hotel our room wasn't with the sea view but it was nice enough just to sleep we didn't spend to much time in the room as we were mostly at the beach.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julija P
Parnassus2011, Chief Concierge at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa.
We are glad to know that you had a great experience in our Resort enjoying of good weather and our personalized service to make your stay a more pleasant one.
All of your positive criticism is very valuable for us, be sure that we will take it into consideration to improve our service. We apologize for the incident with the staff, this is not the behavior that we promote and actions will be taken.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to your home in Cancun.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This resort is situated in quintanna roo, cancun. upon arrival you are greeted with welcoming arms. The staff are eager to help you to check in, provide drinks, and ensure that everything is taken care of. The only problem we had was that when we got to our room there were two queen beds, when we asked for a king bed, and this was promised however, not warranted to us. The food and 5 restaurants are all excellent. The one restaurant that is quaint and very proper was not that great. My husband got turned away for wearing dress shorts and not dress pants. The beach was the only beach on this peninsula without large rocks sticking out of the water. This was a huge bonus! there were constant games for entertainment. The entertainment however was basic like beach volleyball and karaoke. The bartenders were great at mixing up different drinks! the pool was nice and cool, and the beach was groomed every morning. Another let down would be that the pool closed at 11pm.

Room Tip: have it in writting what rooms you chose prior to the arrival... maybe dont plan a trip with flight...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Britt L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, we are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay, enjoying especially of our wonderful white sand and blue waters beach.
Please accept our apologies if our dress code at Shangri La made you have uncomfortable moments.
Due to maintenance and hygiene control our pool closes at night, so we can ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of it.}
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Resort for you to live the real Golden experience.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Smaller hotel with a great staff. Food was good with no problem getting into any ala carte resturants. Nightlife was lacking. Good location for walking to the mall (where everything is over priced). Located near by the hard rock hotel which had outdoor live concerts you could watch on the beach for free.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JlOMadison_WI

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback, it has been a pleasure to welcome you at the Golden Paranssus Resort & Spa, we are glad to know that you could take advantage of the activities that Cancun has to offer.
Do not hesitate to come back to the Golden Parnassus for another great experience.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

What makes this hotel stand out is the staff! We have always felt so welcomed and cared for it is amazing. The guests who stay here are also great. A huge shout out to Jose, Fonzi, Teo, and Meru. They all go out of their way to be sure that you are having a good time and well taken care of.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank colodm

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your good comments for our work. We feel that what makes this hotel are our wonderful guests.
Looking forward to welcome you back home and pamper you.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My two sisters, my good friend and I visited the Golden Parnassus October 19th thru October 24th 2013 and we loved it. I have been to this resort 10 or 12 times with my husband, but this was girls only. My friend had been there once before with me, but first time for my sisters. We had a blast. We had lagoon view rooms, 5th floor so the view was lovely. (Thank you Maru for getting us a higher floor. Maru you are awesome.) As usual the service was awesome, food was great and my second family did not disappoint. My sisters used room service every morning for breakfast and we all used it for late night snacking, it was spot on. Even ordered items not on the late night menu and they tried to accomodate. Yes as some of the reviews state the rooms are a little dated, but they are spotlessly clean and well maintained. Great job housekeeping! The public areas are lovely and even the public restrooms are extremely clean. And in case I don't say it enough service is awesome!!! My friend and I enjoyed breakfast every day in the Paradise Buffet and we were treated like royalty. Pascual, Oscar, Gamaliel and Jesus were terrific as always. We dined in all the restaurants and loved them all. Thank you Luis and Lorenzo for taking such good care of us in Pier 12. Pool Party on Saturday night was so fun. Thanks Julieta for never letting me run out of el Jimador. Drinks on the beach were plentiful and we never waited for a refill. Thanks Marina and Gaby! My younger sister and I enjoyed our Tiki Bar time late afternoon and our fun with Fonzy. Memo, Moises, Miguel, Fredy, Fermin, Perfecto, and Jose never disappoint with the adult beverages! Edith never lets you go thirsty in the lobby. Thanks Edith. Thank you Elias for such amazing food and drinks. Entertainment staff worked super hard, it was extremely warm during our stay (hotter and more humid than I have seen in past visits) but Carlos, Raphael and all kept the games going and the fun happening. My younger sister and I even got to participate in the shows, which we all really enjoyed. (Especially the Comedy Show.) Thank you Sophinia for keeping our glasses full at the show. Great job! The only thing bad about our vacation was it was over too soon. I love this resort and I am happy to say now all the girls love it as much as I do. If you are considering an adults only resort that is not stuffy but not too risque, this is the place. Fun for everyone. Pool is hopping, if you want quiet just go down to the beach. The small size of this resort makes it great for meeting new friends and seeing old friends. Be back as soon as I can. (Sad to see my friend Memo from the Dolphin leaving, but I have such great memories of all the time I've spent with him.) See my second family again real soon. Love this place!!!

Room Tip: If you are not an early riser get lagoon view so the sun isn't blazing in room before you are re...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank caribbeandreamer124

Dear Guest,

Thank for choosing once more the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, it has been our true pleasure to welcome you back home.
All of your kind comments for our staff are truly appreciated, this is a real motivation for us and a nice reward for our hard work for you to have a pleasant stay in our Resort. Our main goal is to provide you a Golden experience where you enjoy yourself and feel like home attended by friends and family.
We are looking forward to welcome you again to your home in Cancun.

Maru Reyes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
GR Caribe by Solaris
#26 of 176 in Cancun
Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort
Great Parnassus Family Resort

Been to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun? Share your experiences!