“GP great place to be!!”

Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #53 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Golden Parnassus, was great OCT 2012 was my first and now I;m planing on returning very soon, Staff was great, Room was clean, cool, and comfy, Jet-Tube was great, for was good to me and wifey, no reservations at restaurants, always a seat, Bartenders hands down THE GREATEST, you will spend the day laughing, Tequila WATER VOLLEY BALL find out about it, entertainment staff was fun and really new the night life "went out to the clubs 4 times"
great place great people and look forward to be back soon!!!
PS.. TAKE THE BUS EVERY WHERE , EXCEPT WHEN COMING HOME FROM THE CLUB, just easier in a cab tipsy then on a bus....
cigar man in lobby is the best everything is authentic great prices, front desk always had a smile!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank newFLYboy
Parnassus2011, Chief Concierge at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, we really appreciate you to share with us your feedback.
All of our guests truly enjoy the personalized service provided by our staff, as we appreciate your kind comments and acknowledgement for our hard work for you to spend a pleasant vacation.
We are looking forward to welcome you back home.

There are newer reviews for Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Here for a second time and just as good if not better than the first just 6 months ago. Thank you GP for keeping it awesome!!! The service the food the beach.... Everything is #1!!! We had supper at MOCAMBOS one night because we felt like stepping out... Wow what an experience!!! On the waterfront and delicious food and drinks. Thanks to Maru for the recommendation :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Luana0909

Dear Guest,

It has been a true pleasure for us to welcome you back home! We are so glad to know that this second experience could exceed your expectations even when it was a high one.
We are looking forward for your third stay and more to come at the Golden Parnassus.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Golden Parnassus is a great place to relax. It's a small resort with wonderful service. The rooms are clean and nice. They don't have refrigerators and coffeemakers in the rooms (even I requested such willing to pay extra) but that isn't a problem as there is 24 hours service there. The pool is clean and not overcrowded. The staff is very polite. The food is delicious. Personally I liked Shangri La and Old Barn. Don't forget that you have access to Great Parnassus Resort. There is a shuttle bus there. There are more than ten restaurants there. Plus absolutely beautiful pools, Jacuzzi and spa. Night entertainment is ok and almost the same in both resorts
Golden Parnassus is located very close to the center of the City, so we spent a lot of time there as well. I would like to recommend Coco Bongo night club. There is an amazing and unforgettable show there.
To conclude, I love this resort and my vacations there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank olha s

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Golden Paransssus Resort & Spa, all of your feedback is greatly appreciated.
At dinner time, we have available a la carte restaurants featuring specialty Cuisines. Definetely Shangri La is one of our guests favorites due to its romantic and sophisticated atmosphere with an International Cuisine menu to cater every taste.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you at the Golden Parnassus for you to spend another lovely vacations in our Resort.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just returned from my fifth time at this resort. The service is wonderful! All the staff is very polite and helpful. Our waiters, Oscar, Pascual, Gamaliel, Samuel, Jesus and others (can't remember names) were all outstanding and professional. Edith the bar waitress is charming. Pedro made the omlets and always had a smile. The hotel is exceptionally clean everywhere. I like this resort as it is smaller and the employees get to know you. it is not luxurious but very nice. The food is excellent and plenty of it. I agree with the other review, the potatoes at the Barn are the best. I found this to be the best food in Cancun. The beach is absolutely beautiful. So, give this resort a try... you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Susan K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing once again the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, it has been our pleasure to welcome you back home!
Being a small resort and having a lot of repetitive customers it’s easy to have a friendly and home feeling like atmosphere that most of our guests enjoy during their stay.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back home for another outstanding vacation at the Golden Parnassus.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa Resort 9-16 – 9-26
The Golden as most have said is a smaller resort which is very conducive to making new friends. The hotel itself is laid out in such a way that everything that you need is a within a few steps.

We typically stay at higher end all inclusives, but the comments on trip advisor swayed me to give this smaller hotel a shot and try something different. Most hotels I have stayed at are a bit remote and I find it confining after a bit. This trip was for a period of two weeks with a side trip to the Privilege Aluxes on Isla Mujeres, so wanted to be where I could venture out and try different things without having to constantly arrange and pay for transportation.

The rooms are fine for what you pay, it is not the Ritz but it is not a super 8 either. Yes a fridge in every room would be amazing and I would think more economical for the hotel as I think I cleaned out the ice machine a dozen times keeping my water and purchased beer cold in my lined waste basket for two weeks…not a classy touch. The hotel itself is a well laid out, comfortable, very clean hotel with an incredible and hard working staff, and fun, unpretentious guests. Our housekeeper for room 519 was simply put…Amazing, We wrote notes to each other every day and there was no communication issues, everything was provided that was requested and loved her towel art. Room was cleaned every morning as soon as I hung out the sign. Our first room 239, not so good, but next night moved to 5th floor lagoon, thanks Maru. Personally I like the lagoon, as most times when it rains it comes in from the ocean so you cannot go out on the balcony ocean side due to wind and rain on the lagoon side you can, and you are not woken up by the sunlight, but the mornings and evening are shaded and comfortable and we could see the ocean everyday so for us it was a win win. The night lights around the lagoon looking towards Cancun were spectacular. Liked also having two queen (full?) beds as since the beds are typically short, we both had our own bed and could sleep diagonally. If we had a King not sure how that would have worked out, one of us would have been hanging onto the edge.LOL…not me.

The restaurants were all good, the Shangri la was so amazing I send the waiter back to compliment the chef on the Golden Parnassus Shrimp, loved the new presentation of this old classic. The second time I ate there they were out of beef medallions and the food was not as good…the Golden shrimp and crème burlee was still fantastic though. Pier one for lunch had a great menu and nice salad bar. The Old Barn…..love love love the potatoes. I am not sure what kind of potatoes the restaurants use but every kind was so good, didn’t need butter or sour cream or even salt they were so sweet just the way they were. My fiancé loved getting the lasagna from the buffet and then having the chef in the Italian station heat up some meat sauce to spoon over it. Breezes was good for a late night…well late for us would be 11pm burger. Sumo was good the grilled salmon was done to perfection and the service in this restaurant as in others was beyond reproach, our server here was my favorite.

Drinks could have been better, they are watered down. I drank bar Absolut in martinis and you can tell. But if they were strong nobody would have been able to go to dinner much less make a show as everyone would be sleeping. But on days when I wanted a bit more “punch” in mine I would add my own Bacardi or Absolut. I would order a virgin Mango Tango or whatever I was drinking and put in my own rum or Vodka that I transferred to a water bottle and had at my sun lounger…yum, yum, yum. (Put in water bottle cause I didn’t want to bring glass to pool)…PS I bought the alcohol at the duty free store when I arrived, but it is cheaper to buy it at Wal-Mart…LOL. I don’t even go to Wal-Mart at home, but did in Cancun.

Ventured out a few times, R1 down, R2 back. Note if you forget to pack your mugs and do not want to spend $22.50 US for a mug in the gift shop ($45 for 2 pretax), walk outside hop on the R1 and go to Wal-Mart they have them for $4.50 us. Plus you get to tour up and down the Cancun strip for 10 pesos, or $1US. Can’t beat that, should have bought 10 and gave them away..lol. Rode the R2 to Aquaworld for a run on the TWISTER..Best fun I ever had and a great price at $66 for two people, walked back to hotel as it is only a short two blocks. Walking and the Bus is perfectly safe!!. Better bus system then we have at home…just sit down quickly! Took R1 to Isla, great island..but beware…..if you go to Isla make sure you only buy tickets for the Ultramar…not Mexicano (SEE PIC)…slow, slow, slow boat. If you go out of Playa Tortugas look for the big bungee jump and go there for tickets, do not fall trap to people trying to lure you to Isla Ferry, Mexicana IV or VII boats…big mistake I made. Took over an hour and horrible boat and personnel. We bought round trip tickets and threw out the return ticket and took the Ultramar back.

Entertainment staff was good, loved the new Movies presentation. Carla is a nice addition to the group and we will miss David when he returns to Canada. Did find that some (not all) were a bit pushy and condescending when you say you do not want to participate.

The best part of the hotel again is the staff and the cliental. The staff was always helpful and friendly and the cliental, well now I know why people go back; good, honest, fun, people. We made so many new friends, more than any other trip we have ever taken. Big shout out to new friends Cher, Dave, Erin and company, Warren and Amy (IL) and Donna and Steve (UK). Donna I lost your email address. , Amy will send u pics. . Everyone we met was friendly and again unpretentious, nice change from some of the higher end resorts. Miss being there and hanging with my friends.

Room Tip: Higher lagoon side, quieter, beautiful at night with the lights, and better chance to get higher flo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Doanda
Parnassus2011, Chief Concierge at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, we also appreciate you to share with us such a detailed review about your experience in our Resort.
We are glad to know that you truly enjoyed of a fun and relaxing stay, interacting with other guests whom already became friends. This is a unique vibe that its lived at the Golden Parnassus, guests and staff are like family and we have loyal guests coming back year after year to the Resort due to our personalized and excellent service provided.
It will our pleasure to welcome you back at your home in Cancun.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our first trip out of the country together and our first trip to an all inclusive. After lots of research we picked this resort. We wanted to have an adult only resort. After a day we knew that we picked the right place. Staff was always polite and ready to get you something. The room was nice. It could use some updating, but was always kept clean which is all that matters. The pool and beach are beautiful. The entertainment staff always had something going on! And their evening shows well worth going to. The food was good, not fantastic, but not bad. We found that this resort is well loved by many. It's easy to get to know people and in talking found that many frequent this resort. We plan on returning.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Wittys5

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, we appreciate you to share with us your feedback of your recent stay.
It’s a pleasure to know that your first All Inclusive experience was up to your expectations, all of your food and beverage in the Resort are included, you only concern is to enjoy and get your tan perfect!
All of our guests truly enjoy of our entertainment team’s activities in pool area as well the evening shows where they pour their hearts and dedication for you to enjoy a fun night.
We will be more than glad to welcome you back home.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I went to Cancun for our honeymoon and this resort exceeded our expectations! The staff were wonderful and the level of customer service was 100%. The resort is located on the crystal blue waters of the Mexican Caribbean and you are also free to use the hotel's 'sister resort', just a short bus ride away. The food was delicious and the rooms were neat and tidy. We stayed for 10 days but could have stayed for much longer, we did not want to leave. Cannot wait to return!! (I'm only new to TripAdvisor, so this review is a bit old, but hopefully things have not changed too much).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julz C

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your wedding! It was an honor for us, that you chose the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa to spend your honeymoon.
Our beach location is truly enjoyed for all of our guests due to our white sand and blue waters of the Caribbean, in addition we offer wait staff service to complete your experience.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in a near future, hopefully to celebrate your Anniversary.

Maru Reyes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
GR Caribe by Solaris
#26 of 176 in Cancun
Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort
Great Parnassus Family Resort

Been to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun? Share your experiences!