Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #53 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Breath Taking”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my first time visiting Cancun and the Golden Parnassus offered such great amenties with its all inclusive packages. Upon arrival at the hotel you walk into this amazing open air lobby which gives you a jaw dropping post card picture of the bluest water you could imagine. The hotel and staff are amazing, and most of all its adult only. If you are looking for an economical trip that fits your budget this is the place you are looking for. The view from the ocean side rooms is spectacular and the view from the lagoon side rooms is just so-so. Most definitely worth the money, especially going all inclusive. If your a liquor drinker, recommend picking up a bottle in the airport upon landing - hotel doesn't carry Top Shelf labels and beer is limited to Dos XX.

Room Tip: Ocean view, Top floors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Don S
Parnassus2011, Chief Concierge at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, we also appreciate you to take the time to share with us your feedback.
The Golden Parnassus is a laid back Resort who caters especially to those travelers looking for a relaxing vacation with personalized service and beautiful location with a spectacular beach featuring white sand and crystal water.
In our beverage selection we have plenty of brands to choose from for every kind of alcohol and liquor and national beer.
We hope to welcome you back for another breathtaking moments at the Golden Parnassus.

Maru Reyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,107)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I have recently returned from our 2 week holiday at The Golden Parnassus in Cancun, Mexico.
The hotel itself: looking it's age, highlighted by the fact a selection of new build hotels have recently opened up on either side of The Golden Parnassus. If you can afford it........pay for a room with an ocean view and request a room on one of the higher floors (only 6 floors).
The food: very impressive........5 different restaurants, all serving high quality fresh food (the fillet steaks in The Barn were my personal favourite). Even in the main buffet restaurant, there are chef's on hand to cook a large selection from an extensive fresh menu.
The bars: 4 separate bars, with the beach bar and tiki bar the highlight - as soon as your drink approaches being finished - another one takes it's place - and unlike many all inclusive's all drinks are made with top quality international brands. The Garden Bar in the lobby and the 60's Bar tend to be fairly quiet.
The location: again, faultless, right on the white coral sands facing the ocean......and as the sand is coral, it doesn't get hot. You'll even get the chance to admire turtles heading into the beach at night to lay their eggs, and most nights at 8pm, you will get the chance to help put the newly born turtles back into the ocean........as our American friends expressed, it was 'f*****g awesome'.
The staff: without a doubt, the jewel in the crown of the hotel, from the porters, to the reception staff, to the chamber maids, but especially to the restaurant and bar staff, who were all top class. They alone made this holiday one of our best ever.
Special thanks to Gabi for keeping our drinks topped up every day by the pool, Moses for his fantastic bar service (and his bottle juggling attempts), Pasqual for looking after us every morning at breakfast and all the other great staff - too many to mention.
Entertainment Team: in our opinion, they tried hard, but failed to deliver, which was a real shame. The daily activities were repetitive, and the evening shows were a little embarrassing as they were quite poor.

To summarise - a great holiday, we did some great excursions, drank too much, ate too much, had the best service ever.......and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ocean view on floors 4,5 or 6 If you are put in a lagoon view room, you will see some amazing sun s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Spooks72
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Golden Paranssus Resort & Spa, your recommendation is an honor for us.
Our gastronomical offerings feature breakfast and lunch buffet, snack bar, a la carte restaurants and 24hrs. room service. Definitely The Old Barn is one of our guests favorite due to its exquisite Tex Mex cuisine and unique ambiance.
We truly appreciate all of your kind comments for our staff, we work hard for you to enjoy a wonderful vacation.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back home.

Manorville
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I went to the Golden Parnassus the end of February 2013 (for my birthday) for the second year in a row. We had a great trip the first year and found this was the best deal around and decided to go back again. What a great choice. This year, they upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite for no additional charge. We had ocean view which was beautiful. The food was very good again. No complaints at all. There should be no reason anyone ever leaves the table hungry. The bartenders were very hard-working. We both got massages at the same time. They offered us a BOGO so we could not pass it up. I had Mara who was beyond excellent. I am a massage therapist myself and was in bad need of a massage, and I couldn't have been more pleased. My husband also enjoyed his deep tissue massage. We were side-by-side. As other reviewers stated, there is free WIFI off the neighboring hotel if you go down by the Japanese restaurant end of the building. I went there to check e-mails a couple times a day. No big deal. Was good to not be bothered by anyone and just relax and enjoy ourselves, which is exactly what we did. All in all, I would highly recommend this place to anyone, except if you're looking for a big party spot. It was very relaxing with lots of laughing and fun, but not a bunch of drunk people acting stupid. Very enjoyable. Would not hesitate to return. Also, the beach is sandy white and beautiful.

Room Tip: Free WIFI near end of building by Japanese restaurant. Those rooms would be noisier, so we stayed a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kenna227
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing once more the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa.
We are very pleased to know that even when the standard of your previous stay was high, we could reach and exceed your expectation during your recent stay.
At The Spa you can live and indulgent experience to pamper yourself with some treatments, the perfect treat to make your vacation memorable and relaxing, we are glad to know that you could take advantage of this.
We hope to welcome you back on your next birthday for your third stay in your home in Cancun.

Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

What a 2 week holiday we had here in August. And what makes this place special is the staff and service, nothing is too much trouble. Once you get passed the normal stuff of no fridge ( unless you pay top £ ) or kettle in the rooms its fantastic. Great pool area an great beach ( cleanest part of the strip due to the staff raking it each morn ). The food was excellent most times ,At breakfast the staff would go more than out of their way to assist you and with a smile ( Gama & Oscar more so ) lots to choose from. During the day we always took our place on the beach, beds easily available. We were then promptly greeted by Marina or Gaby ( best waitresses this side of the pond ) and Fonzy the Barman who were all so pleasant and easy to chat to and never left our glasses get empty.. You could choose between the Paradise bar or pool area for eats throughout the day, both again full of choices.
After coming off the beach at the end of the day we headed for the Bar inside where Perfecto would keep tempting us with some great cocktails whilst Sofinha & Edith would chat to you.
Onto the evening we preferred the Sumo restaurant, Victor always greeted & treated you like royalty, but you could go to The Barn for steaks, Pier 12 for fish or the Shangri La for a more formal meal. We would always go into the 60s bar after dining where mainly Carlos & Freddy (New Everton fan) would keep the Mojitos and Raspberry vodka flowing. We met some great people here ( Carol n Mick) and had a fantastic time again as we had been here last year and intend to go back in 2 years.
We went on numerous trips while here including to the Oasis Maya, snorkelling the reefs off a Catamaran and to Tulum ruins which we a awesome time and I would recommend booking 2 wks before you go with Cancun adventure Tours on the web rather than with the reps, so punctual. I no ive mentioned a lot of staff in this but they are what makes it special here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Harry B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa, we appreciate you to share with us your feedback of your recent stay.
We are glad to know that you could enjoy your favorite cocktails in our bars, especially at Sixitie’s, an indoor bar featuring billiard tables, karaoke and the best of our beverage selection, the best place to spend a chilled and funny evening.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Oklahoma City
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at the GPR 9/01/13 thru 9/07/13. This was my 4th time staying at this hotel. I almost don't want to write this review being afraid that it will just make the hotel more crowded but i can't be greedy and must give credit where credit is do.
They remolded this hotel about two years ago. Love the new beds(if i can sleep in them anyone can), larger shower and 32"Vizeos. There used to be a putt putt course on the first floor that i never saw used. Now they removed the putt putt course and took out the entire north wall of the lobby and that opened it up alot. Adding new gift shops and a cool looking statue in that area.
One of the bigest reasons i love this hotel are the genuine smiles and friendlyness of the staff. I know previous reviewers have stated this but i must repeat it. Its like Fantasy Island "Smiles Everyone". Everyone is so nice and curtious.
Bartenders Jose, Alfonzo at the pool side Tiki bar and Memo at the Beach Fins Up bar(to name a few) are some of the best bartenders in the world. MOst bartenders hate using blenders, these guys use the blender for 90% of there drinks. Love those guys. They will make you what ever you want. You can put your iphone in line to be played on the bar sterio. I was turned on to Mango Daquiris( they are so good).

Another reason this hotel is so awesome is we went for a walk along the beach and this hotel has the best beach area in cancun( or at least as far we could walk)This hotel has a bar on the beach, so your toes never have to leave the sand. Plenty of popolas(i thhink that is what the little hay things you lay under are called) with comfy layout chase loungers. Hotel was about 80% occupied still plenty of open populas to read under.

The resturants are all great. The Shangri la could be one of the nicest dinig experiences i have every had. I'll call out The Breeze walk up hamburger grill open 10am till 6am. The Breeze is great to grab some lunch hamburgers with freash guacamoli and eat there or take down to the beach.
The truest form of gradatude is gratuity, so tip your servers and maids well.
I'll shut up now and hopefully my pics will worth a thousand words. Seems there are alot of pool pics on here so i tried to get more pics of the beach area.

Thinking about going back sometime in the week of Oct 6th thru Oct 11th 2013. Let me know if you'll be there.

Enjoy.
~James
PS. Could the manager at GPR please contact me for a good rate? ;)

Room Tip: Highly reccomend ocean view as high up as possible. Since your door opens to large open lobby area...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank InsomniacJames
Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed September 10, 2013

First let me start by saying there are so many reasons people come back to this resort over and over again. The biggest reason is because of the customer service. The employees at the Golden will bend over backwards to ensure your stay is enjoyable and always go above and beyond. Once again Guillermo was a wonderful bartender down at the Dolphin Bar. I understand he is leaving in November, what a horrible loss. Jose filled in for him on his day off and he was very awesome. I am pretty sure he is just out to get everyone drunk. Although I think that Carla helped when she got us to play darts with that! Denise with the entertainment staff is a wonderful and gracious host. She always had time for us and I just adore her. Once again our room was kept very nice and we were sure to leave our maid a nice tip at the end of the week. The food was good and just like last year Shangri La was the best restaurant. Shrimp Parnassus style was a yummy appetizer. The Guacamole in the Breeze was fantastic. All in all I am very glad that we choose to come for a second visit. Basically we decided why come anywhere else if we love it there so much. Not sure when we will be back but we definitely will!

P.S. The only thing I will say is while the beds are super comfy they are a little short. My boyfriend is 6 ft and I am only 5'5 but my feet were hanging off the bed! Not a huge issue though, because by the time we got in bed we were exhausted!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank sunday s
Pleasant View, Tennessee
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Golden Parnassus. Let me tell you, if you can't have fun and relax here it is not the resorts fault. Sure they had some minor hickups but who hasn't. Marcos, Nathan, Israel, the lovely, Denise and the Karla were all out to ensure you had a pleasant vaction. Ask for doubles on your drinks you'll be fine. Gaby and Morlina, the Pool side staff delivered beverages all week long when you were ready and usually before. Now don't get me wrong, I love children, I love being around our Grand children. But Golden has NO children therefore you can relax and have adult fun. Thank you for a great week. We will be back. Oh Greg and Kimberly...if you read this..Thank you for a fun filled day at the pool

Room Tip: The rooms on the lagoon side were probably queiter then pool side. Pool side gets the sunrise, lago...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple