“Cancun June 23rd to 30th”

Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #53 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Well we booked at the Golden cause of the price and the adults only, At the Golden u cant beat the beach the water is very pretty. We stayed on the 4th floor ocean view, not sure its worth the price cause we didn't spend much time on the balcony since we were always on the beach. But the 4th floor was a great view. I and most people I spoke to agreed about the food. Breakfast and lunch was bad very cheap food. The milk was powdered milk and they sure don't know how to cook bacon and sausage. The good meals good were after 6pm and the great thing is no reservation needed. Lets start with Pier 12 it wasn't good,all the food we had was bad stayed for 7 days and only ate one time. Old Barn which is a steak place was very good, We ate at Old Barn 3 times and each time was very good. I ordered the filet mingnon all three times and loved it. My wife got prime rib and enjoyed it each time. Shingri-La is a nice place in which u cant wear shorts or flip flops. The fish at this place was great and u can order the entree as many times as u want. Sumo had good sushi as well.
I was upset with the quality of the drinks. No Jack Daniels here its called Kentucky Gentlemen,which isn't to bad but cost 14.00 for a half gallon in the US. They do have Jose Cuervo , but u have to ask for it. cups were only about 10 oz and got hot quick...would suggest bringing an insulated cup we bought a cheap cancun tourist cup for a whopping 8 dollars...rip off. Towels...they have the strangest policy. You give a card and receive a beach towel, if they have any clean, and must return towel in order to get card back or else charge $30 per towel. We were constantly making sure we didn't lose these cards. Our room cleaner would come get our towels each morning before she cleaned the room in order to wash and would not bring us clean towels back until later afternoon.....guess they are serious about keeping their towel supply small.
We spent all out time at the beach near Fins Up the bar on the beach. Most of the time if u wanted a drink u had to walk over and get ur own. None of the bar tenders acted like they expected a tip, but they worked so hard I tipped a dollar most of the time. The sixties club was very fun we met lots of people wanting to get drunk and have fun, but the only bad point sometimes it was a bit warm...actually very toasty and speakers way too loud. The Dolphin Bar by the pool at night time was lots of fun. The bar was always busy and the people were more open and wild,plus the breeze from the ocean was great.
The room was just OK nothing special, didn't have a room service menu like others I spoke to did. The bed was great and a huge bathroom. I made two local calls and got charged a dollar for each one, They do they to make money off u after u check in if they can. The only person they pressured me for a tip was the bell boy,I said thank u and he just stood in the room looking at me.That was they very 1st person I dealt with and I thought it was going to be a long week of people wanting tips, but it wasn't. As far as shows go the only one worth our time was Michael Jackson - the others were very cheesy and sometime performed by entertainment staff looking for laughs.
What made our trip great was the other people we hung with wanting to have fun and meet other people. The staff was great and all the persons we talked to spoke great English. Lots of activities for people to do on the beach and around the pool. They could get some extra music heard the same songs over and over again during the week from the pool area. Hotel was really pushy for guests to go to local clubs. We decided this was mostly b/c they wanted guests to go to other locations to get drunk and the admission fees were outrageous. Overall satisfied and had a good time but was very disappointed with cheapness of resort

2  Thank chris c
Write a ReviewReviews (6,853)

Reviewed July 6, 2012

There for 2 weeks on honeymoon could not fault anything

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank euan09
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We thought upon arrival that the liquor selection was limited and cheap.....after a few hours we decided that this was just part of what an all inclusive is. We could sit here and write about all the things we had at home that the hotel did NOT offer....but we just joined in on the fun. The liquor and beer choices were not anything we thought they should be, but somehow we just managed to have fun in spite of that. We drank tequila and beer every night and decided that if we would have had exactly what we wanted.....it might have killed us. The staff was remarkable. Lee Ann and Carlos....by the pool made us laugh and have fun every single day. They kept us entertained by the pool and by the ocean and seemed very sincere about it. I was very pleased with the food, beverages and accomodations but the staff is my reason for wanting to return. My family and I are not high maintenence people that demand great service....we just want to have fun and this resort made it so. Thank you Grand Parnassus From Jimmy, Sheila, Maddie and Miranda of Tulsa, Oklahoma. We will be back! ! ! ! !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank JimmyTulsaOk
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Great staff, good rooms, although try and broker a room higher than the 3rd floor to avoid noise from the lobby music, decent selection of restaurants - I say decent but to be honest The Old Barn is by far and away the best of the bunch. Overall the resort was great to chill-out in during the day and offered fantastic support to those who wished to go out partying in the evenings.

I must give a special call out to Leanne and the rest of the Entertainment Staff who were excellent though-out also.

I'd recommend the resort for couples and party-goers alike as you'll get the best of both worlds!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 5th floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Spooney E E
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed for 5 days at the Golden. It was clean, beautiful, and the staff was very nice. The drinks were good although the bartenders were a little slow and not always friendly. All other staff was wonderful though and the cleaning staff was very thorough. All the restaurants were very tasty and the wait staff we VERY nice and helpful. I would visit the Golden again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kernh15
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I went there to celebrate my birthday. The drinks were terrible, all cheap liquor. The staff was all scam artist. We were charged a 150 for a towel and sheets since we dropped a bottle of wine and cleaned it up with a towel so we damaged a towel. The cleaning staff mixed the towel with the sheets and we were blame for damages the sheets. I was very displeased on how the staff handled the situation about the towel. The towel happened early in the week after we realized how bad the drinks were and went to Wal-mart to buy wine and alcohol. There plenty others being charged with these bogus charges they are listed on a little green sheet of paper and they had a huge pile of them. I felt bullied into paying for a charge that was bogus, who wants to dispute a charge with the Mexican law enforcement so we paid. I will never go to this resort again. I would advise everyone to stay away. Yes it was adult only but if the drinks are bad and food is only good in one location is it really worth travelling to country to be harassed by their citizens. When I read some of the reviews and feel like others were on a different resort. The view was great from the room if you had beach side, I would say the room was fair I give it a 5, would have rated higher if it didn't stink when we first arrived and had to get them to re-clean the bathroom. This was my first trip to Mexico and really left a bad taste in my mouth. Stay away from the time share presentation promised a coupon for the spa, worth $80 off but only on massages and facial no combined services. I was not really happy with Mexico everyone was aggressive and wanted money and to get over on you

7  Thank Tarisha M
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The review ratings were high on the Golden Parnassus ( GP ) I would suggest it's just holding on to its 4 star status if I were honest. Airport is literally 15 mins away by taxi (or in our case a private hire frim). The GP hotel is simple - what you see is what you get ! Check-in was swift enough. You get issued with your all inclusive wrist band and a complimentary drink then taken to your room. We had one with the balcony facing the beach. It was simple but clean. Double bed , bathroom , wardrobe , TV , dressing table ... That's it ! Not much more to say here. Air con was loud. If it's some luxury you're after then stop now. 5 Restaurants ( all listed in previous reviews) The breakfast and lunch is served at the buffet restaurant.. This and the Barn ( stick only with the fillet mignon ) for us were the only 2 places worth eating in. Breakfast is breakfast. Suited the Americans though . Coke on tap ..Waffles Pancakes French toast, Apple Jack cereals and Maple syrup...but all in all it catered for most .The lunch at the buffet was good if you knew what to look and ask for. Mexican foods they did were really quite nice.Pasta ...stir fry...and the Fajita Grill was the favourate. The Oriental place was bad . Mexico and Japan just dont go together... so why try ?... The sea food Pier restaurant was really very average. There is also the pool eatery which also caters the for the hotels 24 hour room service. There you have burgers, chicken wings , french fries and tacos with melted cheese...End of. . I have a great list of places to eat outside the hotel should you so wish them . We are not pool people but it was VERY loud and lively. . All involving Tequila ..Tequila volley ball...tequila basket ball...tequila piggy back race..tequila swimming .( you get the drift ..) I don't ever want to hear Black Eyed Peas or Pit Bull again. The pool water itself was hard to keep clean Because there was no breeze by the Pool and it was VERY warm .... frequent dips in the pool by people caked in sun tan oil made the task to keep it clean difficult. Most the pool people are well oiled drink wise by mid afternoon.. The main throng of guests seemed to be Americans that pop over for a long w/e or few days solid drinking. Many of them repeat visitors....dont know why... Numerous sunbeds around ..but some people still cant get out of the habit of leaving towels. The beach was just FANTASTIC. Plenty of beds... lovely sand ...great breeze...MILES AND MILES to walk along. The sea was a bit choppy ...but great all the same. Lovely beach bar too. The Main pool bar had a great view.. breeze …position…..but if it’s a relaxing pre dinner or late beach-side drink you’re after…forget it. Also as the evening progressed the drinking games began and there are normally numerous girls laying on the bar having teqilla licked off them. Downside was at times you could still hear the music , people shouting and cheering from the pool bar at night. If you happen to have a beach facing room this was the main problem for those wishing to have an early night ( by early i mean midnight ) . Also for those with ANY room on the first to fourth floors you can forget going to bed early. The hotel is open planned and the noise reverberates from the reception area… those coming in and out of the hotel main bar ( Sixties Bar ) ..and those coming back late from places like Bulldog … The City and Coco Bongo ( this you must go to !! ) Day trips are best ordered from the activity hut by the main pool or the hotel reps .Staff ( which in synonymous with Mexicans in general ) are very humble helpful and kind.
So let’s wrap this up … It’s not luxurious and is not going to remain a 4 star. Food was OK. So not for people looking for a la carte…. Rooms are basic and you need a room on the 5th or 6th floor. It’s not a relaxing Spa based place. Beach and weather are great . The GP hotel is great for people who just want to get drunk and have some fun!

Room Tip: The higher the room the better ...Level 5 and above or bring earplugs ..Use the buses to go into the...
5  Thank TheGeez