Well we booked at the Golden cause of the price and the adults only, At the Golden u cant beat the beach the water is very pretty. We stayed on the 4th floor ocean view, not sure its worth the price cause we didn't spend much time on the balcony since we were always on the beach. But the 4th floor was a great view. I and most people I spoke to agreed about the food. Breakfast and lunch was bad very cheap food. The milk was powdered milk and they sure don't know how to cook bacon and sausage. The good meals good were after 6pm and the great thing is no reservation needed. Lets start with Pier 12 it wasn't good,all the food we had was bad stayed for 7 days and only ate one time. Old Barn which is a steak place was very good, We ate at Old Barn 3 times and each time was very good. I ordered the filet mingnon all three times and loved it. My wife got prime rib and enjoyed it each time. Shingri-La is a nice place in which u cant wear shorts or flip flops. The fish at this place was great and u can order the entree as many times as u want. Sumo had good sushi as well.
I was upset with the quality of the drinks. No Jack Daniels here its called Kentucky Gentlemen,which isn't to bad but cost 14.00 for a half gallon in the US. They do have Jose Cuervo , but u have to ask for it. cups were only about 10 oz and got hot quick...would suggest bringing an insulated cup we bought a cheap cancun tourist cup for a whopping 8 dollars...rip off. Towels...they have the strangest policy. You give a card and receive a beach towel, if they have any clean, and must return towel in order to get card back or else charge $30 per towel. We were constantly making sure we didn't lose these cards. Our room cleaner would come get our towels each morning before she cleaned the room in order to wash and would not bring us clean towels back until later afternoon.....guess they are serious about keeping their towel supply small.
We spent all out time at the beach near Fins Up the bar on the beach. Most of the time if u wanted a drink u had to walk over and get ur own. None of the bar tenders acted like they expected a tip, but they worked so hard I tipped a dollar most of the time. The sixties club was very fun we met lots of people wanting to get drunk and have fun, but the only bad point sometimes it was a bit warm...actually very toasty and speakers way too loud. The Dolphin Bar by the pool at night time was lots of fun. The bar was always busy and the people were more open and wild,plus the breeze from the ocean was great.
The room was just OK nothing special, didn't have a room service menu like others I spoke to did. The bed was great and a huge bathroom. I made two local calls and got charged a dollar for each one, They do they to make money off u after u check in if they can. The only person they pressured me for a tip was the bell boy,I said thank u and he just stood in the room looking at me.That was they very 1st person I dealt with and I thought it was going to be a long week of people wanting tips, but it wasn't. As far as shows go the only one worth our time was Michael Jackson - the others were very cheesy and sometime performed by entertainment staff looking for laughs.
What made our trip great was the other people we hung with wanting to have fun and meet other people. The staff was great and all the persons we talked to spoke great English. Lots of activities for people to do on the beach and around the pool. They could get some extra music heard the same songs over and over again during the week from the pool area. Hotel was really pushy for guests to go to local clubs. We decided this was mostly b/c they wanted guests to go to other locations to get drunk and the admission fees were outrageous. Overall satisfied and had a good time but was very disappointed with cheapness of resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun