“A Total Paradise”

Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #55 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Mechanicville, NY
Reviewed August 29, 2003

This trip was a last minute one. One that I desperately needed and I have to say...IT WAS FANTASTIC! From the minute we walked in, we were told that we were on vacation and NOT to worry about a thing. Drinks were immediately served and the receptionist came to us to prepare us for the 6 days. Nothing was left out. Our room was oceanside with a commanding view of the indescribable green-blue water, swimming pools, etc. What a dream. After checking out the room and getting into bathing suits we went to the buffet, had a quick lunch, and then went to the ocean bar. I have to say that Alfonso and Carlos were the best. We had been told to tip over and above the all-inclusive package to be served the better drinks. Even without the tips, the staff was friendly and courteous.I enjoyed the Shangri-la restaurant. Service was impeccable. I had heard that the servings were small, but I felt that they were more than adequate. If you wanted more, you simply asked.It was amazing to find that the guests were equally as friendly and we had no problem making friends. It was even better because there were NO kids. That was a plus. The social director and Lisa were really into their jobs, trying to get everyone to join in the games. This was our first trip to Cancun, but it will not be our last. I would suggest though to stay away from the come-ons in regards to the timeshares. We lost 4 hours and they just wouldn't take no for an answer at the Moon Palace. We did get a nice trip to Isla Meujers and that was absolutely hysterical with the staff and all the antics they acted out. The all-inclusive parkage made it so easy to enjoy the rest of the sights around Cancun. The bus was easy to catch outside the motel. Even the cab drivers were great. My husband left his camera in the cab and the driver came to find us to return it. That was amazing. It was a paradise for 6 days. Hated coming back, but all good things end.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed August 17, 2003

THANK YOU!!!!The reviews given on this site, made my trip AWESOME. The staff is outstanding, it was comparable to a cruise ship. You will want to tip them for their service. It wasn't swarming with people, just a laid back tranquil setting. It was my first time in cancun and I'm already looking for deals to return. I will only stay at the Golden Crown Spa. Excellent for adults. They could do better with the buffet but no major complaints. The seafood resturant is outstanding.

Reviewed August 15, 2003

My boyfriend and I just returned home from the Golden Crown Paradise Spa in Cancun. We were there from Aug 10-14th, choosing Apple Vacations for our tour company. First, I must say, after reading all of these reviews, I was so skeptical to go to Mexico at all, even though I'd been to Cozumel once before and loved the culture. After arriving at the hotel, we received a welcome "party" with drinks (YUM!). THe hotel was beautiful, did not smell badly (like I'd read in some other posts about some Cancun hotels), and was decorated nicely. We got our room earlier than check in (which is at 3pm, but we were in our room by noon). The guest services people came looking for us by the pool to get us checked in early. The room itself was nice, clean. The bed was a California king, so it was shorter than a regular king bed, and it was hard. The pillows were small, but there were 4 in the room, plenty for 2 people. The view from the 4th floor was beautiful. The food was good, Shangri-La was the best. Order the lobster/beef appetizer and the shrimp/asparagus salad. WONDERFUL!. Steaks at the Old Barn were okay, but do not expect what you get in the states. I'm from the midwest and am used to corn-fed black angus steaks. This did not compare, but the filet was alright. I am a fan of caesar salads, and they were good.
Pier 12 was okay, but were out of their specialty, Blue crab, when we went. The buffet was good for lunch, but breakfast?---get an omelet.
They're the best along w/ french toast. But the best--papas fritas (french fries) and the cheeseburgers!!! The bartenders were alright, tended to take a while to make your drinks. And be prepared, everything becomes a blended drink when you're down there....amaretto sours, margaritas...dont expect anything to be on the rocks unless you ask for it that way. And the drinks are a little weak.....go for the rainbow shots!!!YUM! I didn't feel like we had to tip the bartenders or service people. Go to the International Show---so cool! Visited the sister resort with all the kids....so glad i didn't stay there. Would not recommend that hotel. I would definitely stay there again.. ANy questions email me please!!!!

6  Thank Carrie S
Madison,Wisconsin
Reviewed August 14, 2003

Spectacular! We arrived July 19th and stayed until July 27. The service was excellent, the food was great, Housekeeping did a fabulous job keeping our room made up, and Carlos....this guy keeps the party going, a big salute to Carlos, Serjio,Edwardo and all the guys and gals (Lisa included) for a wounderful trip. NO KIDS! the best part. Your hotels staff was kind and helpful. Carlos..this is for you NICE SHOES!! We will surely see you again

Reviewed August 12, 2003

What a place! Hotel is first class and has amazing staff. Lobby is so welcoming and very grand, rooms with the sea view are out of this world. Book into the italien restaurant...........it is something special. I went back three times and stayed for six months on the third occasion...........don't go as a couple as it is crazy and saw 100's of couples split up! Look out for daddy rock and daddy o and senior frogs! From white sandy beaches to the most fantastic staff this place is 5 star all the way. Relax and enjoy and say hello to those crazy entertainment team for me. Fantastic

1  Thank EspressoMartini8
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed August 11, 2003

We went August 3rd thru August 9th. This was my 1st time, my boyfriend's 2nd. We loved it. The entertainment staff, (Lisa, Alfredo, Carlos, and Sergio) were enthusiastic, entertaining, and just plain awesome. The food was great, except for breakfast. You would be best to get an omelet and hope for the best. Pier 12 was great. We were there 6 nights, we learned that the portions are small so you just order more and share or eat it all yourself. We had a great room from the start. I'm not sure how we got it, but this type of room is available: A/C, jacuzzi (w/ an ocean view, from inside the room), refridgerator, regular shower, and an ocean view balcony. Room 404 was an awesome room. The only complaint I had w/ the room is that the King size bed was a California King (not as long as the reg. King) and hard, no bounce. We checked out the sister hotel, there was more on the lunch buffet, but too many kids. Glad we didn't stay there. But we did not know about the t-shirts. We met 2 newlyweds; Heather/Sam, Nicole/Brian that were great fun. Hello again from Melissa & Rick. E-mail me. Definetly planning on going back to Cancun and Golden Crown Paradise & Spa.

BROOKLYN, NY
Reviewed August 9, 2003

We arrived in Cancun on July 31 at 11:30, we took a taxi to the Crown
paradise, which wasnt even our hotel, buts that what it said on our
voucher. So after arguing with the Desk there, we took yet another taxi
to the Golden Crown Paradise. Check in wasn't available tilL 3, but we
tipped the desk and they gave us the rooms right away. The lobby was a
little musky, but that was due to all the heat and the non
air-conditioned lobby. The Mattress was very hard and you couldn't
sleep on it unless your **** drunk. The drinks are watered down, but
you can ask for MORE if you like , and thats what we did. all the time.
The Spa was ok. The Ocean was amazing. CLUBS ARE GOOD. JOSE AND CARLOS
are the best bartenders. always knew what we wanted. NO KIDS which was
a plus. a lil boring at times. DO NOT USE YOUR ROOM PHONE. THEY BILL
YOU CRAZY. MET ALOT OF INTERESTING PEOPLE THERE. WANTING TO GO BACK AS
SOON I CAN.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort
Grand Oasis Palm
Grand Oasis Palm
#47 of 177 in Cancun

Been to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun? Share your experiences!