“The staff is wonderful. Jose' at the Tiki bar is someone you need to meet.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun

Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #52 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
A TripAdvisor Member
“The staff is wonderful. Jose' at the Tiki bar is someone you need to meet.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2003

We just got back from the Golden Crown Paradise Spa and I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff is at this hotel. Jose' at the Tiki Bar is the best bartendar you could ask for. All the staff was absolutely wonderful and the food was really good. There were so many activities at the hotel we really didn't venture out much. We would defintely stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,096)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2003

I just returned today from the Golden Crown! I had a great time at a beautiful beach. The resort itself, however, was average at best. The entire resort had a musty smell due to the open (humid) air lobby. My first room was ocean view on the 5th floor. The airconditioner rattled so loud I needed a room change to the third floor. That room had a water leak that came out of the ceiling and poured into one of my suitcases!

The food was poor. Most food served had a frozen taste to it. The soups obviously came from a can and the produce was substandard. I didn't even realize how poor the food was until last night when I went to Chili's and had a decent meal with fresh food!!!

The Golden Crown is a party hotel for young adults with low expectations. People who don't realize how good things can and should be (for the money that is paid) love this place! You can and should get better for your dinero then what is served up here! This resort is similar to what I experienced at Daytona Beach during one of my college spring breaks long ago. It is OK but not what one would consider 5 star by any means. If you want a party hotel and don't mind warmed-up fronzen food and damp smelly rooms then this is your place!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hammonton, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2003

Stayed here three years ago. Had a very good time and was treated well. Beds when I was there were at the replacement stage. Staff was always nice and courteous. Food was also good. It was a pleasure not having kid's running around as it's adult's only. All-inclusive is definitely the way to go.

5 Thank swet555
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2003

Cancun is a beautiful place. Nice big beautiful beaches and oceans. People are extremely friendly, but they don't go out of their way unless your tipping them. Sister hotel is nice but noisier. The food was okay and the drinks were watered down. I went with my boyfriend and this was our first time going. Our room had a ocean view on the 5th floor, a sight well worth taking pictures of. Not a lot of activities or nightlife at the resort. The real party is downtown, I recommend Slices, Coco Bongo, and Dady'O's. Senior Frog's isn't that bad either. I would probably go back if the price comes down!!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2003

We just returned from the Golden Crown Paradise and it was probably the best vacation we have ever had. My husband and I went with 4 other couples and we all agree that it was an incredible trip. Before going, I read all the reviews on this site about the hotel, and I have to say, I was a little worried. For the most part the reviews were good, but several had complaints. After having gone, I now realize that some people will find anything to complain about and are hard to please. If you go with the right expectations, you will be very happy. Yes, the frozen drinks are on the weak side, but if you plan on drinking at the pool as well as at night, who wants strong drinks that will knock you out before you can enjoy the rest of your day? We drank the fruity, frozen drinks during the day, then tipped a little to get the stronger, top shelf, drinks at night. We actually never left the hotel until the day we left. It was that much fun! The entertainment staff was great and Jose at the beach bar was the best! That's where we hung out most of the time. We had a big group, which made it alot of fun. But, we also met some awesome people that we loved hanging out with as well. The pool was fun and the beach was gorgeous. The rooms were clean and very nice. We were upgraded to a room with a jacuzi, a view of the ocean, and big marble shower. It was our anniversary and they brought a complimentary bottle of champagne to our room. As for people who complained about the hotel being small, we actually liked that. We were able to make friends with the staff, and other guests in the hotel. Everyone knew us by the time we left. All in all, we knew that we were not going to be staying at an "upscale resort" like the Ritz, but for what we paid, we wouldn't expect to. We were extremely happy with what we got for the money and would go back again. Signed, "The Golden Pimps and Gringa Locas"

• Stayed January 2005
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2003

Stayed May 23 thru May 29. Thought it was a nice hotel with nice rooms. No problems with water pressure, temperature, etc. The AC worked great. Housekeeping did short us soap and towels one time. The front desk service is average, but the majority of people were quite polite. The pool is small and the beach is awesome. Yes, the bars do seem to water down the drinks, but just ask for a shot of whatever alcohol it is you desire when you order and they will provide it. The restaurants are generally pretty good. Pier 12 is good and the steak place at night is quite average. The buffet restaurant is quite good depending on what you order. Sure, if you go for the stuff that's been sitting in a serving tray for 2 hours, it won't be that great, but there are other choices. Shangrila was very good, just be sure to order all the courses if you want to get full. The desserts were the only thing I thought was lacking. My first time at an all inclusive and I was not disappointed, but don't have a lot to compare it to.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2003

I stayed here for a week and it was incredible! The staff was very nice and always go out of the way to please the guest. We had an Ocean view room and the view was gorgeous! The hotel is located next to the Ritz Carlton so i knew the beach was going to be awesome. The seafood restaurant was AWESOME, it called Pier 12. Drinks are water down but if you ask for some extra alcohol...you will get it...no problem. We didnt have to tip but with tips, you get much better service...your new drink comes right before you finish your old one. They have free shuttle to the sister holtel...it was much bigger but much noisier. I would go back to Gold Crown Paradise Spa anytime! Highly recommended!

2 Thank kevinhuan