“A great place to call home”
Review of Art Deco Suites

Art Deco Suites
Ranked #7 of 149 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Art Deco Suites has been a truely amazing way to stay in Cancun. Its location to evrything and anything you could need or want to do is great. Nothing is to far away, there are severl grocery stores so you can stock up on food to be able to cook in the well stocked kitchen. But if going out to eat is more your still there are also plenty of places to do that aswell. Malls, movies, casinos, resturants/bars all within walking distance or a short bus ride or quick taxi ride. The rooms and common area are very clean and well maintained, plus the feeling of sercurity is great. Also having a refridgerator and microwave is wonderful for late night snacks. Oh and did i mention that the internet is outstanding. I could not recommend Art Deco Suites enough for short or long term stays and the next time I come to Cancun I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank roamintravler
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

It is so gratifying to read that we have been able to provide satisfying accommodations and service to one of our esteemed guests. Thank you for taking the trouble to write such a nice review! As you mentioned, our matchless location means everything you may need is within easy walking distance, so taxis or rental cars are not necessary. Since so many of our guests are Internet professionals, having 2 independent ISP's with 20 MBPS bandwidth means you can be productive when not lazing on the beach. We look forward to hosting you again next time you are in Cancun!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Location is excellent, security cleanliness and all round service is excellent.If your looking for a place short term or long you will find it difficult to find a place as good as this for the price. Daily contact with maintainance or management means that you can always get help or advice if you need it, nothing seems too much trouble for them. The rental agreement also means that everyone else renting knows the rules and facilitates harmony among fellow guests. This has been my best experience of renting a apartment by far.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

We are truly flattered by your kind review! The rental agreement you mention is one of the keys to our success. Since we have guests from many different countries and cultures, having everyone understand and agree to clear house rules ensures harmony among our valued guests. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Cancun!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Art Deco Suites is a credit to the designer, creator and administrator.

I am a female independant traveller and had been warned against staying in Cancun.
My helpful friends could not have been more wrong thanks to the many layers of security at Art Deco Suites.

Firstly, the rooms are secure,... secondly, the design of the apartments makes it easy to form friendships, thus another level of personal security,... thirdly there is a member of staff readily available and the owner leaves you with a contact number, and lastly you are given a key to unlock external gate.

I loved my room, the power bill was absolutely fair, and the owner highly professional in all aspects of the smooth running of the establishment. The contract is totally clear and transparent, no hidden clauses and it is up to you to read it carefully. He also has taken the time to create a website of tips and helpful advice on everything you may need to know.

Everything I needed was within walking distance; ADO bus terminal, supermarkets, markets, parks, pools restaurants of every kind, entertainment and the buses to the Hotel Zone if and when you choose...this is where you find a different type of shopping, beautiful beaches and crazy and wonderful nightlife in the Club sector, made all the better by knowing you can escape back your sanctuary.

This was my home for a month and I formed lasting friendships with my 'Deco Family' that will keep a smile on my face for many years to come.

I'll be back without a doubt. Thank you to all who made my stay an absolute delight.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

It is so gratifying to read that we were again able to provide a good Cancun experience for one of our valued female solo travelers! Thank you for your great review! Usually about half of our guests are ladies traveling solo, and we take great care in providing a safe and secure environment for them and all of our cherished guests (which is why we have so many of them return to Art Deco Suites). It is good to read that the attention to detail we take is appreciated. We wish you well on your global sojourn and look forward to seeing you again in Cancun!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I met many congenial travelers from all over the world during my stay at Art Deco, and I loved the convenience of the Downtown location, surrounded by great restaurants and active night life. The ADO bus station is a short walk from Art Deco, so it was very easy to visit famous Mayan sites, such as Chichen Itza and Tulum, without hiring expensive transportation. The beautiful beach is also a short and inexpensive bus ride away.

There was always hot water and internet, and management was VERY quick to respond to my requests, especially the day the clothes dryer broke down in the middle of my wash. The maintenance man kept the common areas in great shape and was a great help, especially when I needed to replace my water jug. Oh yes, and the best part --- NO BUGS!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Deluxe which has a 2nd floor balcony and lots of ventilation with 2 large windows...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank cactuscathy
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

We truly appreciate the time you took in sharing your experience at Art Deco Suites! We have the good fortune of attracting interesting, well traveled folks such as yourself, and one of the things that really makes my day is seeing our guests hanging around the BBQ in the evening grilling delicious food and sharing a good bottle of wine and conversation. Traveling to a foreign land should not mean having to forgo the essential comforts and conveniences of home, like fast , reliable Internet, cleanliness, and a bug-free environment. Thank you again for your patronage and very kind review!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I never usually write reviews for places but I thought I best give art deco one. Really top place to stay in cancun. I stayed in the zen suit which admittedly was the largest, but it was a real comfortable place to be and for what you get, the price is cheap. I am sure you can go out and find a place in cancun cheaper, but then you will have the hassle of getting somewhere, connecting internet, water, power ect, and if you are a young gringo like my self, lets face it you are going to get fleeced on the monthly rate to an extent. I will also say you wont find a place with as nice of interior and design as well as being so up kept as art deco
I really needed a base to work from during the week, working online I could not fault the internet connection. There’re three routers with two different connection lines, only once in two months did one of those lines go down, and then it wasn’t an issue because there was a back up. Honestly, the internet was better than I was used to in Australia and southern Europe.
Being a young guy traveling by myself the place also has a really good social friendly vibe to it. There is always someone ready to have a few beers so its not like you will be by yourself. On that note however, don’t expect there to be raging parties till two in the morning when you are trying to sleep. You are only ten-fifteen minutes away from the hotel/party zone of cancun. This is also a good thing as you are a far enough away that you are not paying for everything with inflated prices. The kitchen was always spotless and had great amenities although I hardly used them as it was cheaper and easier for me to eat out relatively healthy for nearly every meal.
Seth the land lord is tops, very attentive and runs a tight ship.
The power you have to pay on top. Just to give you a guide, for two months I didn’t turn my ceeling fan, Ac, fridge or laptop off and it came to about $35us/month. Which again, is nothing in the big scheme of things.
In summary: Definitely recommend it. Good mix of people there to always be around, really clean and well kept with well decorated rooms and in a really safe neighborhood

2  Thank JDS90
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

We are grateful for the time you took in writing such a nice review! Meeting or exceeding the high standards in cleanliness and amenities of our international guests is our first priority, so it is gratifying to read that we were again able to deliver a first-world experience. Many of our valued guests work online, which is why we provide a redundancy of high speed Internet connections so that connectivity is never an issue. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Cancun!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed at Art Deco for almost 2 months and had an amazing time. Seth is a really good host and goes above and beyond to make your stay memorable. I got PLENTY of tips for things to do around the area, and he got me the local rate when I went and saw the whale sharks. He even paid for my dinner when I had to leave my apartment when I needed to get my air conditioner replaced. Really not necessary, but definitely made an impression!

The attention to detail in the rooms is clear, great hot water, water pressure, comfy beds, nice sheets etc. I work online, and the internet here is really fast, with 2 separate connections in case one goes down. It never did, but it was good to have anyway.

All in all I really couldn't ask for a better place to stay, the location is AWESOME and I met a ton of cool people that are also in the building. FYI, Cancun centro where art deco apartments are is way better to live in than the hotel zone. It's a short bus ride to get there anyway, but you definitely want to stay down town in my opinion.

Sorry to be leaving, but will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Gav304
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

We are flattered by your great review of Art Deco Suites! Our goal is to provide all the comforts and conveniences of home which you mentioned; like fast and reliable Internet access, comfy beds and excellent sheets. Our perfect location in the heart of the Cancun historic center - just a 3 minute walk to the main ADO bus terminal - makes everything you may need close and accessible. We look forward to hosting you again when you return next year !

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed a month at Art Deco and really enjoyed the location. The place is contemporay and clean, the people are friendly, and it was everything that I needed. Also it is right next to ADO bus station which was really convenient. I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank globetrekker49

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your good experience here at Art Deco Suites with other travelers! Knowing we were able to provide a great stay for our guests makes my day. Please come back soon!