“Oasis”

Ranked #7 of 135 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Montpelier, Ohio
“Oasis”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This is an exceptionally clean and modern facility. We didn't have to worry about the pests that are typical of this area, we never saw a single bug! We spent a great deal of time in the actual city of Cancun, not the tourist areas, and always we found it a relief to come back to a place that was secure, clean, and comfortable. The support staff was awesome!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ohio_traveler_43
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
The water pressure in Mexico is usually poor, which is why we have a pressure assist to provide the great water pressure you were kind enough to notice! I look forward to seeing you again this winter!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Great facility. Hot water, and good water pressure, all the time! Secure entrance, convenient location with restaurants around the corner. Support staff is fabulous and landlord is very responsive. Only complaint is that there is only a curtain between the bathroom and the bedroom. WiFi is good, with two choices so there is a backup. We were there in December so the a/c was only necessary for part of the time. You have to pay your own electricity bill so that is something to watch. Just don't leave the a/c on when you are out of the apt. We received a photo of the electric meter when we checked in, so it is easy to see usage, if you are concerned. Each apt. has its own meter. We stayed in the new building which is only 3 yrs old, and it looks brand new. The staff really keeps it clean. We had a slight leak in the toilet on Xmas weekend. It was fixed on Monday morning, which was fine.
If you want to get away from the hotel zone and see where the locals live and shop, you will love this location. It is very user friendly, local and long distance busses are short walks.

Room Tip: Upstairs can be a little warmer, but it is more quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MABeads30
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
It's great to read that the things we work so hard to provide are appreciated! Though they are mostly taken for granted in the U.S., good water pressure and reliable, fast Internet are not the norm in Mexico, which is why we have a water pressurizing system and not 1, but 2 broadband Internet services. We want everyone to have all the comfort and convenience of home when visiting Cancun and Art Deco Suites!
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This place is perfect!

As an Internet marketer and search engine optimization professional, I have seen many online scams over the last 10 years – in other words, I was very hesitant to trust travelling all the way to Mexico from Canada. I was really worried that when I arrived the Art Deco Suites would not even exist. Yes, you can call that borderline paranoia. But like a said, I've seen countless online scams.

And what a relief it was to find that the Art Deco Suites actually DO exist, and this place is absolutely beautiful AND in such a great location. You get the real deal in this location, authentic Mexican food, authentic everything! And the beach is breath-taking.

If you are looking for a non-tourist atmosphere where you can enjoy an authentic meal for $5 in any of the little restaurants within walking distance, you need to come here!

You will not be disappointed.

Rick Woolsey
Toronto, Canada

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful in every way. Just pick one!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Online-Today
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your good experience! You are not the first person to be pleasantly surprised that Art Deco Suites is exactly as depicted on our website. I know there are many options for travelers in Cancun, and I am grateful that you chose to stay with us.
Cagliari, Italy
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Hi everybody. The 30th of June I arrived to Cancun from Italy to do and Internship. Since the first day until 20th of October I have been lived at Art Deco Suite. The first impression was very positive.

I will split my comment in different point so is gonna be easier to read it

THE SUITES AND THE BUILDING
The suites are very new and the bulding is modern and functional. There are 15 suites and most of them have the bathroom in the room.
The place is very clean also when all suites are occupated.
Every morning Chano (a really friend guy) cleans the common space from 7 o'clock until 9 o'clock. He is very kind and disponible, if u don't feel like to clean your room by yourself he is very disponible to clean your room for a Tip. I always clean my room by myself but sometimes I gave him some tips because he works really hard.
The rooms are big and very confortable the bed is big and there is a useful minibar and microwave.. normally I use the minibar for some beers and water because there is a big common fridge in the kitchen where I use to keep the food.
There is big garden where we had some barbecue or we use to drink some beer.. he is very nice.. there is also a little balcoony in the firs floor from where I loved to see the stars.. was great.

LOCATION:
This is the best value of the house. it is situated in the heart of the oldest part of Cancun.. it's very nice because there are not so much turist so you can live a real mexican experience living in this place. 50 meters from the house there is a street full of bars, restaurant and clubs.. its' very cheap because only mexican people come in this part of the town and it's a safe place. I loved also that from the house u can here some mariachi singing in the near restaurant during the dinner time. the location is very strategic because it's close to everything : 1 minutes walking from ADO (Bus company to travel everywhere in Mexico), 10 minutes walking from WalMart, 3 minutes walking from Comercial Mexicana ( SUpermarket), 10 minutes walking from chedraui ( Supermarket), 1 minutes walking from Oxxo and Extra (little supermarket open 24h). It's also very easy to go to Hotel zone from here.. there is the bus stop 2 minutes walking and taking the bus Ruta 1 in 10 minutes you can go in a beach in hotel zone.

Life Style:
It's depend from the people that are living in the house at the moment that you arrive.. When I arrived there where a lot of people and everybody was nice so I had really good time with them, eating together and drinkng together, after a while someone is gone so the house was a bit quiet but still ok.

Rules:
there are rules in the house that i consider really right because it's very difficult sometimes to keep the order when 15 people are living in the same house.. the rules are really simple and made just to respect the other flatmates. The rules are straight but there is a bit of flexibility between the flatmates.. so not hard at all to respect them.

The Owner:
Seth speaks perfectly Spanish and English. He is a businessman and he manage the house like a company. He has been very kind with me. I have read some comment of him very bad but it's not true. I think it depends from the behavior of the flatmates.The best sentence of him is "buena cuenta, amigos largos". It's normal that if someone try to live in the house without paying the rent or not following the rules he is gonna change the behavior whit them. I respected him and he respected me.. I think he is a really good guy.

I think you are waithing for negative point, isn't?

ok there 2 things that are negative..
First: I would like to have a door between the bedroom and the bathroom because there is just a curtain to close it. it's a little negative point of the rooms that have the bathroom in the suite but if it is a big problem you can chose the rooms with the bathroom outside the room..
Second: there are not a lot of cooking tools in the kitchen .. but it's just a negative point for me because I'm Italian and cooking for me it's art.. =) .. but don't worry because there are enough pots to cook a good meal.

I will return in Cancun.. I hope soon.. and definetly I would like to come back to live here because it's the Best Location in Cancun.. I will raccomand to you this place because it's quiet, u can have your privacy because you have your own room but you can find such good friend living in this house

Ciao Mario

PS: I hope everybody can understand my english.. =)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Mario F
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I hope you will be pleased with the recent upgrades we made to the kitchen. A French Chef who was staying here gave me a lot of good ideas for the kitchen, such as replacing the old 4 burner stove with a new, bigger 6 burner stainless steel oven and range. We also replaced all of the dishes and silverware, added a wood block professional cooking knife set and put in brighter lighting. I hope to sample one of your Italian masterpieces when you return! Thank you for such a detailed and considered review!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I was not really expecting much, I was just happy to find accommodations that seemed decent and affordable for a 2 week stay. The room and its furnishings looked brand new. At this price point, I usually get rather threadbare polyester sheets and raspy towels. Those provided were of good quality and all cotton. Another thing I liked was the water pressure, since a lot of places in Mexico and Latin America have none. The no smoking policy on premises was a huge plus, since I do not smoke, and I really can’t stand the smell. On the downside; there is no gym, so I had to make due with running and push- ups, and it is downtown, so a 10 minute bus ride is required to get beachside. My neighbors were from all over, but mainly Europeans, and Americans. The Wi-Fi was fast and the signal strong, and there is a free and unlimited phone to call the States. Check in and checkout were painless and the manager was on time for both. Next time I visit my customers in Cancun, I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank George S
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
You will be happy to know that there are 3 new Gyms and a Yoga studio that opened just a 5 minute walk from Art Deco Suites. I look forward to showing you where they are on your next stay with us. Thank you for sharing your good experience here with other travelers!
San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Reviewed September 27, 2011

When i arrived to Quintana Roo i stayed in playa del carmen with some friends at an appartment with out air conditioner!! you took a bath and the next second you were already all sweaty!!! when i arrived to Cancun i found the Art Deco Suites, which in comparison are so nice, so clean and the location was great although it was a lot more expensive. You could find 2 supermarkets, many bars and restaurants just from a few blocks. I stayed here for 2 months, and it was a great experience, first of all it has air conditioner, tv, internet, a kitchen you share with everyone else and you can use the pool from the nextdoor hotel paying about $120 pesos.
The landlord and everyone there are really nice!! I definetly recommend Art Deco not only for the comfort but also if you are solo and you want to meet new people to hang out with.
At the end i received my deposit back without any problem. Just be sure to not lose your key because you'll have to pay some extra!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
We really enjoyed having you stay here with us and are grateful for the time you took to write such a great review!
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Not far from the Beach and close to everything you need on a Cancun trip, this place is great.

The suites are NEW and you feel like you can relax and enjoy what you came here for.

We love it!

Room Tip: Stay in the suites!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
zenman44, Manager at Art Deco Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
We loved having you stay here too! We work hard to make sure everything stays in NEW condition, so glad you noticed!