“Scubalicious!”

Nautilus Diving & Training Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Nautilus Diving provides personalized instruction, professional guided diving tours, and customized packages to meet your diving goals. We are conveniently located in Cancun's hotel zone and offer dive trips to Cancun, Cozumel, and the Cenotes. Our top priority is your enjoyment and safety, so we offer dive trips organized and guided in small groups so we can provide a personal and safe diving experience. Come enjoy the beautiful reefs with abundant sealife, wreck or night dives, or experience cavern diving in the cenotes. We look forward to helping you plan your diving trip!
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just finished my open-water diving qualification and can't praise this company enough!
From the first point of contact Octavia and Sherri were totally professional, prompt and informative and most importantly - answered emails!
Nautilus "does what it says on the tin" and nothing was too much trouble.
I turned up on my own and was made very welcome, I was quickly integrated with the rest of our group even though we were at different stages of the course.

Sherri was very patient and had a very relaxed, yet professional teaching style maintaining very high standards throughout - we were not allowed to get away with anything!!!

I would highly recommend Nautilus to anyone visiting Cancun and would like to thank Sherri and Octavia for a wonderful few days.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I set everything up with Octavio and dove with Alfredo. Alfredo has over 20 years of experience and is great with beginners and advanced divers alike. The value was great - they are very reasonably priced. The only thing - eat before you go. They don't provide lunch. Also, make sure to take sea sickness pills. One person on our boat got sick. Regardless of how good you are with water. No diving company will refund your money if you get sick. Don't be brave - just take the pills...no matter how big or small the boat is.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Next time we come to Cancun we are calling Octavio and Sherri! We just got back from a 10 day vacation in Cancun and we dove 4 of those days with Nautilus Diving! Each dive was AMAZING!
I had not been diving in over a year, and both Sherri and Octavio helped calm my nerves and made sure I was comfortable with all 7 of our dives! They had good equipment and gave us complete dive plans before each dive so we knew what to expect. Octavio even took awesome pictures of us for free and sent them to us via email.
We dove in Cancun, Cozemel, a Cancun night dive, and the Cenotes. Octavio even held my hand while in the Centoes caverns to help keep me extra calm! (Thank you again!)
They were both so accommodating and friendly from the moment we met at the dive shop, and throughout all of our travel time/dives with them. There even was this little “boat bus stop” right out front of our hotel that they dropped us off and picked us up at, so we didn’t have to deal with getting a taxi to and from the dive shop. Such a time saver!!!!
Yes going to Cozemel was an all day trip between the travel times and dives. But we made friends with the other divers and made the best of it. Plus Sherri informed us in advance it would be an all-day adventure. Even though there was a lot of traveling, totally worth it! The Cozemel wall dive was by far our favorite!
I agree with other people, Ocatavio and Nautilus are the best and we will definitely call them when we return to Cancun!

1  Thank MichelleH2012
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hello all,

I like to share my experience with Nautilus diving. After visiting their website, www.cancunscuba.com. I decided that this was the place to finish my open water certification. I called the mobile number in the contacts section and spoke directly to the owner, a very pleasant gentleman by the name of Octavio. He was able to accommodate me on very short notice. That evening my instructor, Sherri, called ME! We discussed certification process further and ways to optimize the experience! Very helpful indeed.

3 days later I was in Cancun Mexico with Sherri, Octavio and a couple other instructors named Martin and Alfredo. They were all very warm and welcoming. I was immediately at ease. We were joined by the three other divers/students. While the boat was being loaded we prepared ourselves and off we went. During the ride I received a very thurough dive plan briefing. It was about 15min (or three blocks:-)) to get out of the bay and another 10-15min to get where we we're going. An underwater museum! Simply fun and amazing! Life size statues resembling local inhabitants. Afterwards we dove in an area called manchones chico, it was beautiful. During the dives Sherri and I would go off for a bit and perform the exercises required for certification. We were able to get most of the items completed. It was a great first experience.

The following day we went out to Cozumel for two more dives. Ground transport to Playa del Carmen where you catch the ferry over to Cozumel, then a taxi and a short walk to the boat. We were joined by a few other divers and off we went again. We dove in an area called Palantar caves which has these neat swim throughs, lots of sea life, and of course the wall. At one point my mask began to fog up. Octavio took me aside and using his knowledge of local flora found a plant that leaves a residue and cleared it right up :-) Next was lunch on the boat, bread meats, cheeses, fruits veggies, refreshments. The second dive was a drift dive at Lafrancesa. We saw turtles, lobsters, a nurse shark, an octopus and lots of fish. Afterwards Octavio treated us all to a round of drinks at a local restaurant. I highly recommend the Cozumel day trip package!

Just two days, four dives and I was certified! I liked it so much and the people were so great, that I decided to stay on for a few more days. We dove on a wreck called C-58, the reef at Santa Romirio and a night dive! We aso took a another day trip (transportation and lunch provided) out to the Chac mool cenotes which is an underwater cavern system. It was an incredible experience!

If you are looking for fun and adventure with a great group of people then look no further. With this group you can expect to receive exceptional personal service at a reasonable price. The gear was sound and their knowledge and experience was second to none. I can't say enough good things about these people.

1  Thank SkyGuyScubaMan
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were in Cancun 9/1-8/12 and decided to dive and swim with whale sharks. Sherri and Octavio were great. Set up was easy, equipment worked fine, and a small group of divers made this an awesome experience. Octavio was the dive master on our first set of dives. Perfect, nice slow pace the way we like it, lots of small things to see and Octavio was very attentive to all our needs! He helped us arrange a whale shark trip with some of his colleagues and that went well because of the respect these other tour guides have for the guy. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we went back again on thurs. and Ulysses was our guide on that dive..wonderful..how can you have a bad time when your underwater and everything just flows well. Next time in Cancun we will use them again!Thanks again Sherri and Octavio!
Best Regards,