“OMG !!!!”

Occidental Costa Cancun
Ranked #44 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
“OMG !!!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2003

OMG ! A group of (4) of us went to the Costa Real.....It was our first time in Cancun, and I must say....We had a WONDERFUL time...Everything about our stay was FABULOUS ! In fact we are all going to go again next year.........I would definitely recommend this hotel....BargainDi

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 12, 2003

First i have to say "Do not think negative about this hotel at all". Before departing the US to Mexico i was reading "TripAdvisor" and read allot of negative comments about Costa Real. A friend of mine had suggested we stay there. Once reading "TripAdvisor" readers comments it thru me way off and was very hesitante to stay there. Once arriving at Costa Real, it was paradise. The staff is exceeding anyones expectations. Very clean. The best was the activity staff which we made good friends with. They were great. Every night they would take every guest to a differente night spot.... If you like to dance the place to be is Daddy O' and La boom. The activities at the pool side are also interesting and fun to join. The bartenders can make you some good drinks. The food is also exceeding your expectation. Both at Gaviotas and Albatros. We loved it and want to go back soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2003

we just returned from Costa Real- Cancun. It was wonderful. nice rooms, great service, nice pool, people were so freindly! We had the best Cancun experience ever. Food and drinks were great we had all-inclusive, just cant say enough nice things about it. We will stay there again!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed February 9, 2003

First, this vacation was a prize, yes, I won it! So it was a free trip. When we arrived our room had already been given away - we were a little upset. But, they upgraded us to a suite! Which they let us use for the whole week at no extra charge.The service was wonderful. This is not a party hearty hotel. It's kind of quiet. I would recommend it as a great place to take small children - the small beach is very safe and there is no surf. If you take the all-inclusive plan - I think you find it as a definate waste of time and money - go to a hotel that is exclusively all-inclusive. With the regular plan I reccomend the outside restaraunt for breakfast. The rooms were comfortable. This is one of the older hotels, so it's small and not very glitzy. But, if you want to visit downtown often it's very close. It is close to everything. I would give it 3***'s as far as luxury

2 Thank coopcst
Reviewed February 8, 2003

Let me just start off by saying that we had a BLAST! We were there April 21st 2002. When we first arrived we got upgraded to a suite, which I thought was wonderful! The shower was huge, like 12 people could fit into it. Then once we put our things down, we went to get a bite to eat. The staff here is so wonderful, they really make a difference! They would wait on us hand and foot, treat us like kings & queens and made the trip worth wild. We only had a slight problem once with the toilet, but they came up to our room right away and fixed the problem. I did hear a couple people complain about the bottom rooms on the first floor, because the peacocks are loud in the morning. I am going back to Cancun on March 30th this year, but we are all staying at the Oasis Playa just to try something different. But I will make time to drop by the Costa Real and tell a few of my buddies hello. If you stay at the Costa Real, try to go to the one in Playa Del Carmen, that was so nice. If you have the All-Inclusive you can eat there, drink there, and use the pool and beach. Next door the sister hotel is also very nice. Have A Blast!

Reviewed February 8, 2003

My wife and I loved the Costa Real. We did get the noisy room on the first floor #116 near the service area. We just turned the air conditioning to "fan on" all night and slept right through it. This is a smaller hotel that has a more personal service than the big resort hotels. We went down to the Gran Caribe Real for dinner one night and it was so noisy and the service was slow. We could not get back to the Costa Real fast enough. The beach is tiny so we got out early before it got crowded then moved back to the pool area when the beach "activities" got too noisy. We will stay there again but get a upper floor room. The two restaurants are fantastic. Better than cruise ship food. And better than the Gran Caribe.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
austin, Tx
Reviewed February 5, 2003

Great Place had a Wonderful Time!! My wife and I stayed at the Costa Real at the end of September 2002 and had a great time. The only problem we had was during check-in we were told they did not have a ocean view available, but, upgraded at no extra cost and they view from this room was incredible. Both of us thought the food for the most part was incredible and the staff was wonderful. I would recomend this resort to anyone travelling to Cancun.

1 Thank chrisrachel02