“Amaaaaazing!”

Ranked #44 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Calgary, Canada
“Amaaaaazing!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Spent a week at Barcelo!. Amazing staff, good food, nice location, the beach bar staff went out of their way to make sure our drinks were full. The housekeeping staff was efficient, front desk was helpWill be back again!, and will stay at Barcelo!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Tara K
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Occidental Costa Cancun, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for choosing Barceló during your trip to Cancun. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service.

We are very happy to know you had an amazing time with us, we would feel very honored to welcome you again so please let us know about your next trip, to make it even better

Warm Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Fussa, Japan
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The location is pretty decent. Is not as noisy as the hotel next door. Great drinks and food. The hotel was pretty comfty. It needs some love though. The soap dispenser broke from just touching it (obviously it was broke before we showed up), the pool has many tiles falling off, but they are fixing the hotel slowly (paint job going on when we stayed...no noise though). Good shows at night, the restaurants are great, and the bar is not bad at all. There was only one server in the pool area from the early afternoon on (I got spoiled by the crew at the Rio). I would definitely stay here again, especially for what you pay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ASIST DIR BARCE... C, asist at Occidental Costa Cancun, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear rickurt,
Thank you for the time you took to leave your feedback.
We are glad to know that overall you had a good experience with us. Also, thank you for your positive comments regarding the location, restaurants and shows.
We would be delighted to see you here again soon.
San jose
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family and I stayed at Barcelos June 24-30 and I was very disappointed. It was my parents, my two siblings, my boyfriend and I that stayed here. This was our 4th time going to cancun but our first time staying in an all inclusive hotel. I had read a lot of reviews saying that the staff was super nice but maybe they had gotten new staff because to begin with the front desk ladies when we checked in were rude and seemed impatient. Throughout our stay there were times when we would come back to our room after being out and room service had not passed by and it was pretty late in the day. That was a bit annoying. The restaurants that they had were not that great. My boyfriend and I found ourselves going across the street for food sometimes. Since we had gone to cancun before our expectations of the beach were very high because of our last experiences but their beach was very small, waveless, and not nice at all. The hotel seemed like it was a party hotel for young people. I'm not that old, I'm 26, and it was pretty annoying to see a lot of young kids getting drunk, being scandalous, and inconsiderate of everyone around them. I even saw a fight on the beach. I wish they would have told us that many young kids go. My boyfriend and I had to change our rooms from the first floor to the third floor because you could hear them the whole night till about 4am partying. I like my vacations to be relaxing not chaotic. Overall I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Asahagun5
ASIST DIR BARCE... C, asist at Occidental Costa Cancun, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Asahagun5,
Thank you for the time you took to leave your feedback.
We are concerned to read that your stay was not an enjoyable one. We do receive many positive comments on our restaurants, staff and services that it is disappointing to hear that we have let ourselves down on this occasion. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay.
I have already shared your complaints with my team to ensure that these issues are rectified as we are always striving to provide the best experiences to our guests.
Summersville, West Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I were at the Barceló Costa Cancun 6/28-7/5....this was our last vacation before we our baby gets here! This was our first All-Inclusive vacation and we absolutely loved it! I was a bit skeptical with the mixed reviews I read on here after the trip was booked....but left very satisfied. We like to spend time at the beach/ocean. The beach area was sufficient and beautiful....The ocean has buoys which limits swimming in the ocean. If you want to spend a lot of time in the ocean another resort may be a better choice. We did go to Dolphin and Marlin Beach and they were Amazing! Aside from being a bit disappointed with amount of ocean swimming available we were very pleased! Food was good, employees were friendly and worked VERY hard!! Pool was great, be was comfy, spacious bathroom with a nice shower. Nightly shows were just so so..nothing spectacular. Would definitely recommend this....great resort for the $!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ASIST DIR BARCE... C, asist at Occidental Costa Cancun, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Heather G,
Thank you very much for your preference.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your vacations. Also, thank you for your kind words regarding the beach area, food, pool, guest room and the service provided by the staff. They have such passion for what they do and always try to exceed guests’ expectations.
We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel was the perfect place to stay on my holiday! I stayed here with my boyfriend and 4 friends. Couldn't have asked for a better hotel and atmosphere! Great entertainment throughout the day and night! The reps Erick, Ivan and Kenya made my holiday. I can't wait to go back next year, definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Demi H
Dear Demi H,
Thank you very much for your kind comment.
It is wonderful to know that you had an amazing time with us.
We would be delighted to see you again the next year.
Best regards,
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our oceanfront jacuzzi room was excellent and spacious, we loved it. The bar staff was excellent and the pool was nice. Downfalls: The beach was extremely small, topshelf drinks were not free, the dining staff only recommended drinks that were not free, while checking in no one greeted us with cold towels, water or drinks when we got off the bus, the check in staff did not give directions to rooms, events, concierge, spa or dining halls. They gave us a towel card and said that if we lost it then it would cost $25. They gave us a wristband for the hotel and said if we lost it then it would cost $100. There is no evening entertainment after 10pm such as a night club or somewhere to listen to music. No one walked around the beach area taking drink orders. We were not allowed to take food from the dining halls. Reservations had to be made for all of the restaurants and you had to do it by 8am or they were full for the day or you had to eat in the main buffet hall every night. It seemed like this all inclusive resort was trying to make extra money. There were no free water sports as advertised. The food was average, I am sorry that I was expecting authentic Mexican food in Cancun. The gas station across the street had better food. Compared to other all-inclusive resorts don't choose this one, I would not return.

Room Tip: choose the oceanfront jacuzzi room only. All other rooms are small and the balconies are even small...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank theresa g
Dear Theresa G,
Thank you for the time you took to leave your feedback.
We are sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience at Barceló Costa Cancún. We do receive many positive comments on our staff and services that it is disappointing to hear that we have let ourselves down on this occasion.
In regards to the restaurants complaint, it is important to mention that we have 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and 1 thematic buffet where you do not have to make any reservation.
On a more positive note, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your room and appreciated the service provided by the pool and bar staff.
Thank you again for your comments and suggestions. Make sure that your complaints have been shared with all the departments’ heads for review and action.
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Traveled May29 til June 3. Traveled with another single female friend - 2 women. We found the property wonderful!!! More than we expected in all ways. We had an amazing room with a lovely balcony (742 possibly). The room and bathroom were amazingly clean, spacious, modern and beyond beautiful, pleasing two picky women, I will say. There are three restaurants and the buffet. All were very good. The servers were very attentive with lots of personality, well except one, lol. She is the day hostess of the buffet-never a geniune smile - saw her place a chair over a food spill instead of just grabbing a broom herself and sweeping it away. Would have taken 3 minutes instead of the 15 minutes the chair was in the way of the buffet line. One thing that they just can't control is the weather. We had two really sunny days at the beginning of our trip with overcast skys the remainder of our time. The nightly entertainment was moved indoors and the party went on. We chose to enjoy the spa for one of those days. Great therapist! I wish we had realized thehot tub, sauna and steam room were complimentary to hotel guest even without paying for a spa treatment. Thanks Barelona Costa for a wonderful vacation

Room Tip: Taxi fare to Airport was $35 Go to Market 29 - so much fun remember to use the spa when the weathe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Indeed111
Dear Indeed111,
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
We are glad to know that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that we have met your expectations.
We would be delighted to see you again soon.