“Gypsy Breeze”

and up
Private Sailing Tour to Isla Mujeres with Open Bar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Albatros Catamarans, offers sailing tours from Cancun to Isla Mujeres. Also offers an exclusive Luxury Catamarans that it has all the facilities and amenities provided by a yatch.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had a great time on the Gypsy Breeze. The crew was amazing and friendly and got the entire ship dancing. My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks John and the rest of the crew!

1  Thank dgb124
There are newer reviews for Albatros

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We rented a catamaran for a large group (35) and chose a boat that had nets in the front and a cabin. First of all the boat was in very good condition and the staff were excellent (Captain Sharky, Salso, Roberto and Indie).

Day included snorkeling at a beautiful reef and then we sailed on to the Isle Mujeres. Wish we could have stayed there longer. The water was beautiful turquoise. The place docked to eat was ok and the food was edible but not a highlight. It was a short stop here we did not like seeing the sad shark that was stuck in an pen for photo ops. Would have rated higher if shark was not included on tour. Left the eating area and went to another part of the island. It is beautiful and we enjoyed walking around especially along the beach. Be sure to walk along North Beach and have a quick dip - it is Gorgeous!

On the way back to Cancun people could go up on the spinnaker. The staff made it extra fun as they catered to the guests and danced with us on the boat.
Two tips that I would recommend: check out the boat you will be going on as some do not have nets in the front. Also if you are getting transportation via resort make sure you won't be crammed in there as that's what happened to us. I am not holding Albatros responsible for this as I think that was set up via the resort.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been on a couple of snorkeling catamaran rides in different locations in the Caribbean. The boat was the lowest quality boat I have been on. My wife and I went on 2/24/2013.

The good:

The weather was great.
The crew was good and went out of their way to help you out.
The island was nice.
The water was blue and the beach's sand was white.

The average:

The snorkeling was crowded and the location was devoid of coral and fish.
The drinks on the boat.

The bad:

The catamaran was crowded.
The catamaran was a live-a-board that everyone piled onto the top for the ride.
The bathroom was not working and sloshing on the floor.
The boat was in need of a lot of TLC and looked very worn.
No spinnaker rides.
The buffet and drinks on the island were not the best.

I have been on a couple of catamaran tours in Cozumel and one in Barbados. Those boats were spacious and designed to take snorkelers out on tour. The had multiple below and above deck seating options. The reason I did not rate this lower is the crew was great. My wife and I made the best of it and had some great conversations with fellow travelers. When we return, we will book with a different company and do some more research prior.

1  Thank JMB_RoseCreek_MN
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed in Cancun and booked this trip through Apple Vacations, it was not good. We were put on a boat with 65 other people and not given anything to drink while we sat in the hot sun and waited for everyone to load and the other boats around us. Then we got a small cup of water. We snorkeled "fin to fin" for about 40 minutes, it was for the advanced swimmer. Then we went to the Isle. Dont waste your time, its dirty and cheap there were no bathrooms except the one that they sent us too and we were 30 deep for one stall. We waded out into the water thats how terrible it was. Even the 20 years old were not happy, I would never do another trip like this. We had breakfast at 9am at our resort and it was 3pm before we lined up for the buffet which was just ok. No sooner then we ate it time to line up again and get back on the boat. It just felt like we were cattle. At the very end of the trip the crew tried to make it fun but the drinks were very limited, I think I got 5 small cups all day.

2  Thank Sheri H
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Staff were very attentive to everyone on board. We opted for the Platinum Package and would do so again. The boat is designed to hold about 30 people and we sailed with about 15. There was time to snorkle, shop, enjoy a beach buffet and relax.

1  Thank Franahan54