“Great Diving Experience”

Scorpio Divers Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Number one Dive Operation in Cancun and Riviera Maya. For those who care for quality, personalized attention, certified and professional Crew. One of the few legally operated Dive Operations in Mexico.Register:SDI1008D4. Groups made on skills of divers, always safe, fun and offering just THE BEST in the area. Come and join Scorpio Family! Diver Master to Diver ratio 4:1, 2:1.
Farmington, Connecticut
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Diving Experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We dove with Scorpio Divers last week in Cancun and Cozumel and it was a great time. We choose them due to the small number of divers and their willingness to allow us to take more time at the underwater museum to take photos. We had went previously with another company that only spent 5 minutes at the museum before taking us to a barely there reef. This time we went to two different museum locations and the guide waited until we got the shots we wanted and took us to the next spot.

The Cozumel trip we went with their boat from Playa del Carmen bypassing the ferry boat to Cozumel taking us directly to the dive sites. It was a large boat that easily accommodated the 10 divers which they broke into smaller groups. The wall and reef dive sites were amazing.

Especially if your into underwater photography I would highly recommend Scoprio Divers.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bill H

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic Diving, Great time with Scorpio Divers Again!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is my second trip diving with Scorpio Divers, and I had another great experience. They are a little bigger than the last time (the were just starting up then) but they still have small groups, and personalized service. I dove three 2-tank dives, four dives in Cancun and two in Puerto Morelos, all full of sealife and two dives on sunken Minesweeper ships. The dive group was never bigger than 6 on my trip with 'Juan' as Divemaster, he was very knowledgeable, professional, and also friendly and fun. We had the added benefit of having a very fine dive photographer Benny Labra diving with us, no pressure and very friendly and helpful, I did purchase the photographs, it was well worth it, I'll post one with this review! The owner and Boss, Jorge, was great to work with again, very knowledgeable and helpful. I will definitely dive with this outfit again!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank JJones458
Utah
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 268 helpful votes
“Full service professional Cancun And Riviera Maya water guides”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

From Cancun to Cozumel to cavern diving and whale shark tours, if you are going to stay in Cancun be sure to contact Scorpio Divers in advance and see what interests you on their varied dive/snorkel/tour menu. First time or repeat visit they will also help you get around. Sounds like an ad but seriously don't forget to check Scorpio first or you might miss a deal through them like I did.

This was my second time to dive with Scorpio in less than a year. They will make it easy for you to get to and from their shop, they have excellent rental gear, enthusiastic and friendly full service dive masters and boat crews for small, less than 6, diving and go out of their way to try to get you to the diving that is right for you.

I was solo for 2 dives my first time with Scorpio in October 2011 - getting a sample of Cancun diving and preferred their service over one other shop I tried the same trip.

This time with a relative we got a great sampling of Cancun diving in 4 dives. Lots of nice reef, large schools of fish, several stone fish. Turtles, sting rays and the underwater museum.

I should have checked with Scorpio before booking a whale shark tour that I booked elsewhere well in advance, then found out when reserving dives, Scorpio offered for less.

For crazy wild fun May to September catch a whale shark tour and let Scorpio be your wet Cancun/Riviera Maya connection.

On 2 different trips now I have found Scorpio exceptional. You are welcome to contact me for other details or work with them for excellent English or Spanish communication.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Richard M
Calgary, AB
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Best crew anywhere!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I did 4 days of 2-tank diving with these guys (May 2012) and were so impressed. We rented BCDs and regs; if the gear wasn't brand-new, it must've been very close. However, it was the staff who really made our vacation incredible. Our dive master knew every critter and every inch of the dive sites we visited (and we never repeated any during the week!); I'm guessing it's because he's worked there for so long, which speaks well for how an outfit is operated. He was actually the same person who took us on our first "resort" dive 5 years ago, before we decided to get certified, and he was able to give us some good advice regarding some weighting/buoancy issues we had been having. The boat crew also took excellent care of us, helping us with our gear as well as in and out of the water. They even offered to clean our gear (not just the rented stuff) after every day's diving. The staff also demonstrated that they are prepared to deal with any situation that may arise. I felt very safe and well taken care of, and wouldn't even think about diving with any other company whenever we're in the Cancun area.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank LisaT1969
Orem
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Dive Company!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I went on a 2 tank dive with Daniel from Scorpio Divers on May 9. This was the third time I've gone through them for dives since 2010. These guys are awesome. Jorge is great to work with and everyone there treats you like you are their #1 concern. The gear was practically new and the diving was fantastic. I like the fact they don't rush you or make you feel like you need to hurry. I can't say enough about these guys. I go to Cancun every year and each time I'll visit Scorpio Divers.

Visited May 2012