“Grand View, with a few screws tightened BEST...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 22 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Traveling...
“Grand View, with a few screws tightened BEST place to stay!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

My sister picked and booked this penthouse along with 2 others 2000&3730. I must admit I was leary at first . But my sister convinced me all would be ok. My party of two arrived one day after my sister. I was not disappointed, the view, the penthouse overall is magnificent. I only have a few suggestions
A little paint touch up overall, replacement of several lightbulbs and perhaps an exterminator to come in and spray prior to guests arrival. I do expect a few insects because of the location, but some people are not so understanding.
Miguel, Arturo and Ms. France provided the most EXCELLENT service. Miguel provided ice for our penthouse ( the ice machine didn't work) and checked on us daily. Ms Frances is the best keep secret these penthouses have. She goes out of her way to ensure your visit is
enjoyable. Arturo made sure the other penthouses ran smoothly. When something went wrong he got it fixed quickly

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location & ms frances
Liked least: no ice/ ác worked poorly in living room
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sir911
Atlanta, USA
“Poorly maintained”
Reviewed February 21, 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

We really wanted to enjoy this condo, and fully expected to based on our great communications with the owner and his informative website. However, after we got to the condo, we were so disappointed. The views are breathtaking, but the place has not been well maintained. There were leaks everywhere (the windows, pipes, ceiling, skylights), the furniture was worn, torn & broken, and some of the towels provided were really stained. Ick! We were unable to get in touch with the manager for the first few days of our stay and never had an intro “tour” with him. So we were left to our own devices to find things & fix problems at the condo. Once we were able to get ahold of him, he was very friendly and tried to do what he could to improve our stay. The condo did have great WiFi and easy-to-use TVs. Based on the poor maintenance and sporadic customer service, though, I would not return to this condo or recommend it to any friend.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View & location
Liked least: Poor customer service
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Feb 20, 2012
Hi, I'm Tim Miller. My brother own this condo, Penthouse #2701. I think in responding to this review, it might be best to start from the beginning. We bought our unit in 2004. After hurricane Wilma in 2005, we decided to take the down time to do a major remodel. We took everything down to the bare walls and removed many walls as well to open things up. As a quick synopsis, here is what we did:
1) Removed the concrete terrace rails and replaced them with tempered glass.
2) Installed all new marble throughout all the floors and all the bathrooms.
3) Installed all new bathrooms with tile and marble
4) Installed marble on all the columns.
5) Brought in all new appliances and furnishings on a container from the US.
6) Created custom made beds.
7) Installed custom lighting throughout.
8) Installed 6 flat screen TVs,
9) Installed DVD players for 5 of the 6 TVs and stereo systems for each.
10) Installed completely new kitchen and kitchen bar.
11) Installed our own AC system separate from the resort to keep our unit especially comfortable for our guests.

My brother and I had always taken price in going above and beyond to make our place special, and to keep it that way. This is why this review hurts so much. During our guests stay, I'll explain what we discovered that happened to cause the leaks. There is a mechanical shaft that runs all the way up the building. It runs up to the roof top right between our kitchen and laundry room. Workers were up at the top during our guests stay doing some work. There is a cap at the top of this shaft that was removed while they were working. They left the cap off thinking they were coming back the next day. It turned out that was a bad idea. It rained heavily the next two days. Our unit is at the top of the building. We discovered that the rain came in and the water went into the ceilings of our place causing us a nightmarish situation. Needless to say we were very angry, but the damage was done and we had to move on. We have since fixed the damage caused by the rain.

We have since then also replaced the outdoor loungers with beautiful new ones as well as all new outdoor chairs. We also replaced all the dining room chairs with new ones. Our AC units that were new in 2006 were also replaced with new ones in 2012. Beyond this, we could not see anything else that was in need of updating. My brother and I take pride in our place. Each time we head down to Cancun which is a couple of times a year or more, we bring new sheets and buy new towels. My manager must have missed the one with the stain. When he cleans up he gathers all the towels and has a laundry service clean and fold them. If you read other reviews for my places (I manage a few other Cancun condos) you will find Mike, one of my managers, is often the highlight of our guests stay and his service is terrific.

Tim Miller
colorado
Reviewed March 30, 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Traveling group: Solo traveler
Your age range 45-54
Washington
Reviewed January 5, 2011 for a stay in December 2010

Liked best: The View!
Liked least: wish I could have stayed longer!
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Dallas
Reviewed August 26, 2010 for a stay in August 2010

Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing