“Excellent...highly recommend!”
Review of Cancun With Me

Cancun With Me
Ranked #12 of 159 Transportation in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: With Cancun With Me, you will feel as if you are exploring the area with a local friend! We are working hard to become the #1 attraction of Cancun!
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We are a group of 8 - 2 adults, 2 seniors, 2 teenagers, 2 young kids (3 & 4 year old) and used Cancun with Me for our airport transportation and day tour. Manny and Serigo were professional, helpful, prompt, and courteous. From the young ones to the seniors, everyone was impressed and had a great time. Manny was already booked on another tour on the day we scheduled our day tour bu Serigo picked us up promptly at 7am. We did the Coba, and Tulum Ruins first to beat the heat/crowds. Lunch was at a wonderful local restaurant Manny recommended. Then on to Tankah park where our teenage boys did the zip line, canoe ride, cdenote. Highlight of their day! Akumal was beautiful and was enjoyed by all (snorkling, swimming). 5th Ave in Playa Del Carmen was wonderful as well. The entire day was truly enjoyable. We corresponded with Manny via email to plan out our tour - and he was extremely patient in answering all questions and providing suggestions. Since coming back from Cancun, we have already told all our friends about Cancun with Me! Would definitely use them again for our next trip to Cancun!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"beat the crowds"
"taking pictures"

Reviewed June 9, 2010

After reading the trip advisor reviews for cancunwithme I decided to give them a try...boy am I glad we did. Manny is truly an expert planner for the Cancun area, and his timing and planning ensured we had the most relaxing and worry free trip possible. Our group of 8 had a fantastic trip to Chitzen Itza, a cenote, a local Mexican restaurant (good food!) and the Ek Balum ruins.

Manny was already booked on the day we wanted to travel, so he set us up with Sergio - one of his preferred drivers. Sergio was great! His English was good enough for what we needed, he was an excellent driver and knew the area extremely well. Sergio was more than willing to share stories and information about anything we were interested in. He was very accommodating and was always ready to leave when we were. Buying him lunch and tipping well was an easy decision based on the quality of the trip.

Areas for improvement: All our communication to plan the trip was through email. Since we were finalizing the details of the trip only a day before we left, it would have been nice to chat on the phone (this timing was our fault, not Mannys).

Overall: Highly recommended! The trip far exceeded my expectations!

1  Thank ggoodall
CancunWithMe, Owner at Cancun With Me, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2010

I am glad to hear you guys had such a great time. Often larger groups become 'slower", but seems you guys took my time table into consideration and managed to stay on time.

Regarding the phone calls, at the moment I am a bit hesitant to allow anyone else to be the clients first contact. I want to make sure all clients first get a response from me, before I put them in touch with someone else. When I am on tours i try to conduct as little business as possible on the phone since I am "on the clock".

Thanks again for your positive words!

Reviewed May 20, 2010

We booked a few things with Cancun With Me Day Tours

Party of 4 ( Van Pick Up )
Airport Pick & Drop Off
Day Tour to Chichen Itza with Manny
Trip to Flea Markets and Rio Secreto
B.o.B Tour

I wish every tour group was like this one. Manny & Sergio made us feel like we were friends visiting for the week.
When researching for our trip to Cancun, I emailed Manny and we talked on the phone 1x. He answered all my questions and concerns, explained everything very well.
I was not sure what we wanted to do while there so we did go back and forward on suggestions and ideas.

The Airport Pick up to hotel was no problem at all, they had a sign with my name on it and we were taken to the hotel. When booking the airport pick up, I sent Manny 1 picture taken from a previous trip to Cancun that another company stopped at so that we can take pictures. I did not know the name of this place, Manny knew when he seen the picture. We asked the driver to stop on the way to the hotel and took some great pictures. Driver was very friendly.

The next day we had a 6:00 AM pick up to head to Chichen Itza and they were there … before the sun was up :) We had a crazy first night and one of us didn’t make it :( so it was then a party of 3.
I asked if we could stop at a bank, no problem. We got to Chichen Itza before the tour groups and before the crowds. The sun wasn’t even that hot yet. We did not book another tour guide, we just walked with Manny and he took some great pictures. When he knew some information he told us, when he didn’t know he told us that as well. So it was fine, we are not history buffs and didn’t need to know every detail.
After that we headed to Ek Balam and then a cenote. It was amazing, the whole day. We had the best lunch at local place that we would have never found on our own.
We also made it to Wal-mart, pharmacy and a liquor store all with Manny helping us translate and offering advise/suggestions.

The next day we booked the Bob Scuba tour with Manny but we did this on our own. He did advise us how to get there on the bus and got us a great deal for it.
It was awesome.

The next day, we were picked up by Sergio and he took us to 2 Flea Markets, walked around with us, translated and then drove us to Rio Secreto. That was an amazing thing to see.
Again, Sergio very friendly and made us feel like friends.

For the hotel pick up back to the airport we did have a little problem but it was quickly resolved. We were to be picked up at 11:00 AM, by 11:15 we called Sergio who we thought to pick us up and he advised he gave the pick up to another driver. The driver had a flat and didn’t reach out to Manny or Sergio to advise him there was a problem. He thought he could fix it and quickly pick us up. We left in a Taxi Van at 11:30. I’m not sure when the driver did get to our hotel but we didn’t want to waste anymore time. When I got back to Chicago, Manny sent me an email explaining the situation and gave me back the extra cost on the taxi. This situation prompted them to put a plan in place in case this ever happened again.

Manny is a smart person who’s been around quit a few places, he likes traveling and has an idea of what people like to do and see. You can go to the same tourist areas as everyone else but if you want culture and a true experience, go with Cancun with Me Day Tours!

If I could recommend one thing that I would have liked to do it would have been to pay Manny a rate for everything and not have to pay pesos or any money once we were picked up. That is just my opinion. I like to pay ahead of time, get there and enjoy. I don’t like carrying the cash on me or stopping to get pesos. I guess each person is different but that’s all I would have changed.

They are very friendly, professional and willing to answer any questions you have. I wish that they were in Puerto Vallarta because that’s where I’m heading next. I think if we come back to Cancun with my kids, we’ll look them up again because when we were there we did find out about other tours and things he can do that we never thought of.

If you have any questions or would like further detail, please feel free to send me a message.

See you soon Manny – keep up the great work.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your experience with us. I am glad that we met most of your needs. Things happen, and sometimes we can't deliver 100% like we want. Thank you for accepting our apologizes for the airport transfer.

I appreciate your suggestion with the fees. We don't like to collect fees up front because many times the itinerary changes, adding some stops, or skipping some. Also, rates are usually set in pesos, and in order for us to have a steady US rate, we would have to overcharge.

Again, thank you so much, and look forward to seeing part of them Chicago again.

Reviewed May 19, 2010

We took customized tours of 4 ruins, 2 cenotes, Akumal Bay, etc. Manny planned our tours, translated for us and served as our personal guide. He even went snorkeling with us, helping us find turtles and other sea life. Most importantly, he happily traveled at our pace. My wife and I walk slowly and descend stairs with difficulty. Manny worked to minimize stairs and distances walked, yet still show us the sites. The two days with Manny were the best of our ten days in Cancun. We highly recommend that you take him along on your trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 28, 2010

We had requested Manny’s services as a guide. We did not use CancunWithMe for making any reservations with tour operators like Selvatica. Therefore I cannot comment on his services as a booking agent. After researching various tour options (listed in tripadvisor as best things-to-do in Cancun, Tulum and Playa Del Carmen), I had short listed the following things that I was interested in doing in the 4 days we had;

1. YucaTreks for Chicken itza daytrip: http://www.yucatreks.com/chichenitza.htm
2. Travel to Chicken Itza via rental car and hire a guide there.
3. Clubbing at Cocobongo/Senior Frogs/The City.
4. Shopping at Mecardo 28
5. Hanging out in 5th Ave at Playa Del Carmen.
6. MexicoBlueDream for Scuba: http://mexicobluedream.com/why.html
7. EdventureTours for Tulum ruins, zip line and canoe across lagoon, private cenote, snorkeling at Dos Ojos cenote, and Yal ku lagoon (cave crossing): http://www.edventuretours.com.mx/
8. Selvatica - Zipline, snorkel in Cenote: http://www.selvatica.com.mx/
9. CancunWithMe – Plan my own itinerary and hire Manny as my guide to take me through the day:

I ended up going with option 2, 3, 4, 5 and 9. I decided to skip the regular and recommended tour operators and engage Manny because we were a group of 4, we had rented a car and we wanted to cover a lot in a day. Edventure tours was very close to the itinerary I wanted especially because they allow you to customize the itinerary but ended up not going through them because all the great reviews that Manny had, hinted that I could have a better time with him.

With Manny, I wanted to cover Tulum, zip-lining and Dos Ojos cenote but ended up doing only the first two because we ran out of time. More on that later.

As panned, Manny was at the resort exactly on time. We were a group of vegetarians and he showed us a great place for brunch in Playa Del Carmen. He knows about the local restaurants (more so in Cancun) and can recommend you something depending on you preferences.

He also knows his way around and got us to a not-so-well-known parking lot which is very close to the Tulum ruins. As Manny has mentioned in his site, do not expect him to be your guide in the ruins. He will be happy to take you there but he cannot be your guide inside the ruins. For a guided tour, I would recommend hiring a guide. As we were nearing out tour of Tulum (around 2pm), we asked Manny about where to go next and we were told that we could only cover one of the two options (zip-lining or dos Ojos cenote) since both places stop taking visitors after around 3pm. That was a bummer since we were really looking forward on covering all three places that day and we had selected CancunWithMe so that we could go to all three. Since he already knew of our plans, it would have been great if he told us about closing times beforehand so that we could have managed our time accordingly. This was the only low point of the entire trip.

Since we had to decide between Dos Ojes and zip-lining, we decided to zipline. Manny took us to a place where only a few operators were allowed. We zip-lines, conoed across the lagoon and swam in a cenote. This was fun.

In the evening, since Playa Del Carmen was on our way, we decided to spend some time on 5th Ave. Manny was with us throughout our shopping trials, made some nice recommendations and heped us understand what the locals were telling us. On the way back, we were pulled over by a cop and Manny helped us out of the pickle. We were not at fault but the cop insisted that we were speeding. Manny was very good at negotiating with the officer, who ultimately let us go.

Since our flight was leaving early morning, Manny agreed to take us to his place and burn us a DVD of all the pictures he had taken. I haven’t seen them yet but I am sure they will be great. Even though it was late, he offered to drop us outside the hotel zone so that we don’t get lost while finding our way out of downtown Cancun. Thanks dude.

Overall, we had a great time with Manny. He is smart, speaks fluent English, wishes well for all visitors and knows a lot of the area in and around Cancun. Except for the unexpected change in plan, everything was great. I would recommend Manny to anyone looking for a local to show them around.

1  Thank NiravJ
CancunWithMe, Owner at Cancun With Me, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2010

First I want to thank you for your positive review. I personally use each tour that I do as a learning experience. I do appreciate your feedback, and will take a more active approach in reminding the schedule to the group from now on, based on your feedback. One of the things I take pride on is that I never "rush" my clients. Usually, the tours that "make" you do all the stops, do so because there are commissions they are expecting. I don't work like that. I felt you guys where always having a good time, which is why I didn't want to "rush" you guys and bring up "schedules". I do however see how I could have easily reminded you folks about the schedule, without being pushy. Basically I should bring up the red flag, before we hit the point where we can't follow the itinerary anymore. Thank you for that tip.

I did noticed I dropped the ball when they were not able to do both stops as expected, which is why I didn't ask for compensation for the extra time. As most tours I offer, I was contracted for a 14 hour tour. I showed up at 8:30am as scheduled, and I was dropped off close to midnight outside the hotel zone. This was a 15 + hour tour, and even though we did miss a spot, I am confident the group had a great time most if not all of the 15+ hours they were with me.