Review of Cancun With Me

Cancun With Me
Ranked #11 of 154 Transportation in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: With Cancun With Me, you will feel as if you are exploring the area with a local friend! We are working hard to become the #1 attraction of Cancun!
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We had Manny for a full day earlier this month and I couldn't recommend him enough. It was a perfect (and exhausting) day. We usually just do excursions from the hotel, but we have had some terrible experiences with those big tour groups and they waste a whole day doing one activity by the time you wait around for everybody and have to go to the tour sponsored rest stops etc. Anyway, we hired Manny and he picked us up early in the morning at the hotel and took us snorkeling at an awesome place near Akumal where we were the only ones in the whole lagoon. Then we went to Dos Ojos and snorkled in the cenotes. Manny snorkeled with us and took us into some remote parts of the cave that he was familiar with. After that he took us to a great place for lunch where they served great, authentic food. He even took us to Wal-Mart when I needed to get something I had forgotten. We then went to Rio Secreto and then to Akumal to swim with the turtles. Manny swam with us and pointed out fish and other things. He even tried to scare a turtle closer to us so that we could get a better look. We were with him for 14 hours and we paid him about the same amount it would have cost for both of us to go on an all day excursion from the hotel. It was nice to be driven around and not have to worry about anything. Plus, it was great to have someone we could ask various cultural and regional questions to. We didn't really have a set schedule and we could stay as long as we wanted in the locations we visited. We go to that area of Mexico twice a year and we will definately call him again. I highly recommend CancunWithMe!!!!!!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"beat the crowds"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed March 20, 2010

What can I say, Manny was so proffesional and friendly and went out of his way to make our trip extra special.With his expert local knowledge and excellent sites I highly recomend this tour for anyone thats going to cancun.

Reviewed March 15, 2010

Manny is a very knowledgeable and friendly guy, with a true passion about his job! He took us to visit Dzintup, a Mayan village in Yucatan, where we had the unique experience to be part of a local fiesta, minlge with mayan people, visit their houses, talk and eat with them delicious local specialties that they offered us. We also visited a cenote.

I would highly recommend Manny as a tour guide because he loves his job, he is talented, friendly and professional at the same! He also knows the best spots in the area, the right people and can surely guide you experience his country in a unique way!

1  Thank Eirini S
Reviewed March 15, 2010

If you are looking for a trustworthy, fun, dependable guide to take you on sightseening tours in the Cancun and Playa area contact Manny. His web site is www.cancunwithme.com. We had a super trip to Chitchen Itza and the surrounding area. We spent the entire day and half the night seeing many sights and bits of the Mayan culture a bus tour will not include. Also, we did not have to eat bus food. We ate at the restaurants highly recommended by the locals. They offered local cuisine and they were actually pretty clean. He provided snacks, drinks and more than 140 photos of our family in action. All at a very reasonable price. He included the night show at Chitchen Itza which was impressive. Some of the most positive notes of the Manny experience is - he speaks the language, he knows where to go, and he knows how to get there. I highly recommend him for day trips or let him plan an exciting week-long itinerary for you. You will not regret it.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We read about Manny on Trip Advisor before going to Cancun. I'm not a beach or pool person, sitting there doing nothing is about the most boring thing I can think of. My kids would disagree but...they didn't pay for the vacation. When I go to another country I want to see the country! I emailed Manny, he got right back to me, we arranged for him to be our tour guide for 2 days. I gave the kids a break and split the days up. Anyway, the time he spent driving us around, showing us the sites, taking us to real Mexican restaurants (not tourist traps), etc. was the best time I had. Honestly I wish we had another day with him because there was a lot we didn't get to see. The hotel excursions are a complete rip-off compared to him. Go out with him for a day and you'll see more than any excursion, and you're on YOUR time. You can come and go when you want, change plans if you want, etc. It was a great experience, and despite my kids complaining about the running around, we all got to see and do much more than we would have had we not had Manny's help. And he's great with kids! (Mine are 8 and 13). He also sent us almost 400 pictures he took of us when we got back, and I emailed him questions before we left which he was happy to answer. The advice was appreciated. Great guy, fun, doesn't profess to know everything but will tell you what he does know. Money well spent. You won't regret it! Enjoy!

1  Thank NYC4ofus