“Seafood & Beers with Manny”
Review of Cancun With Me

Cancun With Me
Ranked #13 of 158 Transportation in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: With Cancun With Me, you will feel as if you are exploring the area with a local friend! We are working hard to become the #1 attraction of Cancun!
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I were in Cancun last week for our honeymoon. I found Manny's tours on Trip Advisor and much to my excitement, saw he was offering something called "Beers & Seafood with Manny". We love beer and we LOVE fresh seafood so I decided to give it a try. We had so much fun. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone looking to get out of the mainstream tourist district and try some really AMAZING local seafood. The first place we went was a little bar with a huge variety of very fresh appetizers - some I was familiar with others - like the fish tripe were new to me. They were all absolutely delicious. I don't think the server ever slowed down - they came out one after the other! The second place we went was also really neat - had a great atmosphere with carved tables, seats and palm trees in it. We shared something called the canoe which is a hollowed out, grilled pineapple with different kinds of seafood inside and then cheese melted over the top. It was so good...very unusual but all of the flavors worked so well together. Manny is a great companion - very interesting, lots of good stories and he is able to give you a little bit of insight in life behind the tourism industry and what it is like for the people who live there. To sum it all up - am hoping to be back in Cancun for a "honeymoon refresher" next year and if so, we will definitely book this tour again.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"beat the crowds"
"taking pictures"

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Cancun is one of the most beautiful places in entire world. You can stay at any hotel on the strip between Atlantic Ocean and Nichupte Lagoon! The white sand beach is extraordinary, the ocean is clear and wild with big and strong waves, and people are very kind and calm... And it's Chichen Itza one of the "New Seven Wanders" and Excharet Park and many other beautiful places. But, to see very clear everything, take a HELICOPTER and fly above them! From the air everything is a dream, it's a real dream! Fly everywhere you can and see everything you want! Enjoy your stay in Cancun in the air!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Manny runs the best tour service I have ever used! His rates are competitive and driver was friendly and professional. Car was clean and comfortable. Manny even pointed me to to take a cab for one of our trips as he knew it would be easy and less expensive. Manny/Cancun With Me is the ONLY way to travel in the Cancun area!!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had a great, great experience. This is not your typical tour deal where everyone is packed like sardines and you follow the tour guide in a giant group. My wife and I basically got a customized tour just for the both of us. I set this up by emailing back and forth with Manny. Once we decided on an itinerary for the day, we were assigned Sergio as our driver. We opted for no host, since my wife and I are fully bilingual.

Sergio was great! We were picked up in Cancun at 6:30AM (as suggested by Manny). Sergio brought along a cooler and ice, so we stopped and got some water and some brewskies (boy did they come in handy later in the hot day).

The day went as follows:

6:30AM - Leave Cancun
8:30AM - Coba Mayan Ruins. This was so much fun, we beat all the tour buses and it was a great bike ride!
10:30AM - Tulum Mayan Ruins - beautiful site, but already kind of busy with tourists. We stayed away from the beach, as it was pretty packed (also suggested by Sergio). Wife and I quickly walked the entire site. At this point we were hungry.

12:30PM - Lunch at Taqueria El Perico ( a small, street-vendor type taco stand). This was my favorite part!!! I asked Sergio for an off-the-beaten-path type of place that was quick. Not only was this place quick, it was delicious, and the cheapest meal in our entire week-long vacation. Warning: This is a place where you sit outside and eat. Not recommended for large groups or picky people requiring extensive attentio/service.

1:00PM - Headed to Tankah Park. We jumped in a cenote and swam for a while, then headed to the ziplines, and finally canoed for a while. Had good fun, and it was only $20 per person.

2:45PM - Headed to Playa Akumal (public beach) for snorkeling. It was not too packed and Sergio suggested we get our own guide. We did, and boy was that great. Diego was assigned to us, and he helped us with our gear and everything. Once we were in the water, our water proof camera proved not to be so waterproof. Diego left the beach to his locker and got his camera. He was able to find sea turtles and rays and captured some great pics of the sea life and my wife and I. Had a great, great time. The next day, I had all the pics in my email inbox.

5:45 - Dropped off at Playa Del Carmen Hotel.

This was quite a day. We did a whole lot (the beers came in handy while driving between sites).
Keep in mind that my wife and I were on a mission, and so we did not waste time. We thoroughly enjoyed every site, but we didn't take our sweet time either.

Overall, great guys. I wold definitely recommend these guys for couples, families, .... anybody really. Definitely plan to come back, and when we do these guys will be the first people we call.

Thanks Manny, Sergio, Diego for a great vacation day!!

1  Thank Florencio M
See more reviews
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We contacted Manny once we were in Cancun and a day and a half before the actual day trip and were fortunate in that he had availability.

He provided us with a driver (Antonio - who was great) and a modifiable itinerary. We went to Chichen Itza, a cenote and Ek Balam. With a personal driver - we got to leave very early (6:30 am), make it to Chichen in 2 hours and 15 minutes and tour in the shade before the crowds got there. The throngs of people arrived around 11:30 am - just as we were finishing and ready to leave.

We then drove to the cenote and climbed the pyramid at Ek Balam before heading back to the hotel. We were back by 5 pm.

We opted to use Cancun With Me over the tour bus approach to allow for a personalized schedule and pace - get to the sites early (the tour bus takes over 3 hours with pick-ups and rest stops and takes you to a variety of other sites and shops that you may not want to go to - and then gets back quite late in the day).

Compared to the cost of the tour bus tour we were being quoted - Cancun with Me cost about $75 more for these conveniences when taking into account tolls, lunch and entrance fees (all typically covered by a bus tour). We also had to pay a guide at Chichen Itza (we hired Rene Trijsma) - but again - it was one guide for 3 people as opposed to a guide for 20 or 40.

Thank you Manny for a great day trip from Cancun.