“Awesome Inca show and great food.”

La Habichuela Sunset
Ranked #57 of 1,010 Restaurants in Cancun
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: La Habichuela Sunset Surpasses your expectations. Welcome: A unforgettable sunset awaits you. They say its a museum turned into a restaurant. Aside from its bold and modern arquitechture, the ambiance is based on the mayan culture with the intent of giving our customers a unique experience surrounded by masks of ancient kings, a 9 meter mayan column from floor to ceiling and a 30 meter hand carved kukulkan wooden snake. Our open garden area next to the lagoon allows you to dine with the stars and the moon. But our biggest pride being our exquisite dishes, from traditional yucatecan recipes to sophisticated caribbean/mexican fusions. We have a vast variety of international wines as well as national. We follow and maintain our founders philosophy of providing prompt and detailed service since 1977. Dont miss our mayan rituals shows during the week that will transport you in time to the ancient mayan civilization.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is their second and newer restaurant in Cancun. They have a great dinner show featuring local dancers in Inca/Aztec attire. Really nice décor inside and out. The food is just as good as their downtown location.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I ate at La Habichuela Sunset in March 2014. We requested a table in the outside garden and were impressed by the setting. It was peaceful and serene with a very nice view of the lagoon. We ordered the Caesar salad to share, which was made right beside our table. It was delicious and quite a large portion, even for two people. Both of our meals were incredible (I had lobster and steak and my husband had a steak). The meals were cooked very well and the staff was attentive, polite, and charming. The only con was a magician visiting the tables and performing tricks for tips. Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant for a romantic evening meal!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Such a lovely atmosphere, outside and overlooking the water. Delicious meal. I especially enjoyed the soft shell crab taco appetizer. Such nice staff. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Beef tips were chewy at best, Ranch steak was so stringy it could not be eaten. The chicken in banana leaf was excellent. Food quality certainly did not equal the price. Loved the atmosphere and staircase--not so much the food. 29th annual trip to Cancun.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I tried this restaurant tonight for the first time with two friends
I visit Cancun frequently and was very pleasantly surprised with this great discovery. The setting is beautiful ; the service was exceptional and the food was excellent. I had the grouper with capers and one of my guests had the duck in pear sauce which was delicious. Our waiter ,Armando, was very accommodating .
Don't miss this jewel!!