“stumbled upon a wonderful find”

La Pasteleteria Malecon
Ranked #3 of 21 Dessert in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For tradition, taste and quality ... We are your best choice! Come and delight your senses and fulfill your whims and pleasures, with our exclusive Mexican cuisine. Your palate will be satisfied with our private wine cellar, or if you prefer we have a bar service, with international cocktails. We are a 100% Mexican company with more than 40 years of experience.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After two weeks in the Yucatan eating wonderful local food, we found ourselves spending our last night in the area with the airport hotel coffee shop as obvious dining option. I wanted our dinner to be memorable - so we adventured out on the city bus to go to Plaza de las Americas, in hopes to find someplace good to eat.

After wandering around the mall, we stumbled upon La Pasteleteria. It was a warm and welcoming place, with a waiter that went out of his way to make our dining experience 'just right'. Since our Spanish was not very good, he explained the menu to us and then offered to have the chef make my son 'what he wanted' if he didn't see anything he wanted on the menu.

They started us out with freshly baked bread and several spreads. they then brought our meals - which were wonderful and very plentiful.....and before heading out, after our waiter learned that we needed to take the bus back to our hotel, he wrote out instructions for us - so we wouldn't get lost.

We were all very glad we adventured out and found this place.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

First off, you don't need a cab: take bus #R2 from the hotel zone to downtown and put the address of this place on the GPS of your smart phone, get off when you are close, walk a few blocks, enjoy the local color and you will get there just fine. (bus is about $8.75 PESOS one way) We opted for the empanadas: chicken and mole were SO GOOD. So good that I cried. Yes, actual tears left my eyes after I ate my mole empanada. Can't put my finger on it, but they were amazing. We finished breakfast and went to the counter to get more for the next morning only to find they were out of the chicken empanada. My husband was not pleased. On the bus ride back, we talked about how good this place was and how we should have ordered our second lot sooner before the locals snatched up our last chicken empanada! Do yourself a favor, go to this place.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

There aren't too many coffee/dessert shops in Cancun that are great for meeting with friends. La Pasteleteria has a great environment & yummy desserts!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This small family owned business is downtown Cancun. They really excel at everything they do, both patisserie and their food. The prices are fair and service is over par. When you're done getting clobbered with hotel zone prices, take a taxi and visit. Worthwhile!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My friend and I were at the end of our lovely relaxing week in the Yucatan, and unfortunately had to spend a night in Cancun. It was really jarring our relaxed blissed out mindset, and my friend was having some stomach issues, but we stumbled on this place (really close to our hostel - Bed and Breakfast Garden) and really lucked out. This place is kind of fancy, but still affordable for an American tourist, and really really delicious. It was quiet and peaceful inside, and just general felt like a respite from the rest of Cancun. Worth seeking out.