“Outstanding”

Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant for the first time last night. It was wonderful. Sonya the owner and Chef Ben were warm and friendly, and the cuisine was inspired and top notch. You must order the cheese souffle as it is awesome. The tuna was fresh and delightful with a great sauce. My wife had the lamb which was Savory, and I had a beef dish with a coffee sauce that was really good. The place is small and intimate, so make a reservation. You will be very happy you chose to go to dinner here

2  Thank Darren L

Reviewed August 6, 2016

This restaurant has only 10 tables but the food was incredible and the service by the chef and owner may this dinning experience special. Small menu but something for everyone. Frois Gras with blueberry sauce followed by slow cooked Cochin wth and Arabic sauce was incredible only to be topped by the deserts. if you are a foodie you should not miss dinning at this restaurant.

3  Thank stevepV2823YU
Reviewed August 2, 2016

The restaurant is located just beyond the northern end of Blvd Kukulcan in the main city of Cancun - the interiors are minimalist but decorated with paintings by local artists. The hostess is a Mexican lady who has partnered with a French chef - together they create fusion food with local produce and flavours. I was lucky to find a table without a reservation.

The local wine - Monte Xanic - that I opted for was fantastic. For appetizers I had a foie gras served on a tortilla with caramelized onions and a tangy sauce - the combination was perfect. For mains I opted for a chicken mole - with the mole sauce prepared in house with cocoa, chilies, fruits and other ingredients. While the dish was another infusion of flavours in the mouth with tender chicken and mole - it was a nice introduction to authentic Oaxaca dish - however, I wouldn't be dying to have it very often - just a matter of personal taste.

I didn't have any room for desserts.

This meal was very different from the other meals I had during my stay in Mexico; do visit if you are up for a fusion Mex meal.

Date of visit: February 2016
6  Thank Traveleator
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

My mother and I came upon this restaurant and decided to go there for her birthday. We arrived promptly at 7:00 to see if there was a table available, we were greeted very warmly and sat immediately.

The restaurant was empty and the chef came out with the menus, explained each dish after pouring us water. My mother and I are both celiac and after we told the chef, he was very understand and reassuring. He also explained what he would do differently to the dishes to ensure there was no gluten in our meal.

We both ordered appetisers and a main meal. Each dish was absolutely perfect. So delicious and well made. They were even served with gluten free bread and crackers, which was impressive! He came out to check in after each dish was served.

Sonya, the owner came out to greet us, she was so kind and welcoming. Every time we thanked her she would respond with, "Thank you for you." Which was the sweetest thing ever! She was also very attentive to us, such a lovely woman.

After we ate the delicious food, it was a bit rich, so we decided to pass on dessert. Not long after, she came out with a plate for my mother singing, 'Happy Birthday.' It was such a nice surprise.

I highly recommend ❤️❤️

5  Thank AFowler08
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Fantastic restaurant, downtown Cancun, with an absolutely beautiful setting. The service was superb, we were welcomed by Sonia, who was amazing all through the night. The meal, was absolutely magnificent, (I highly recommend the souffle, heavenly). I am vegetarian, so I was prepared a special dish by the Chef,which was also impeccable. Music was fantastic too. Overall it was a great experience, we were celebrating my mom´s birthday, and she was delighted. It is quite expensive, however the quality of the meals and the wonderful service make up for the price. Must visit if you have a chance.

Date of visit: July 2016