“Such a great find in Cancun!”
Review of Du Mexique by Sonya Grimond - CLOSED

Du Mexique by Sonya Grimond
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2016

We went for dinner last night and it was amazing.
It truly does feel like you are in someone's dining room.
There are only 20 seats in the place! The food was great, the owner and the chef come out to explain the menu and answer any questions. The service was fantastic and every dish we had was excellent! We will be back!

Date of visit: June 2016
4  Thank LH_in_UK

Reviewed May 26, 2016 via mobile

My family of 6 was a bit skeptical upon arrival because it appeared to be closed. A guard let us in and we watched as a small staff arrived. Once we were seated the magic began. The chef came out and explained the days menu. He spoke French and our server/hostess Spanish, but they knew enough English to get us through. It was a limited menu, but very interesting and enticing. The girls began with a cheese soufflé and the boys octopus and snails. From there the girls enjoyed the fish of the day and I don't remember what the boys ordered, but we all loved our meals, capped by some delicious sweets. The place is quaint and the experience was very personal. It felt like we were eating in the home of very gracious hosts. I should mention my kids are 20-28. I would not recommend this place for young kids or those with less adventurous palates. Well worth the journey into town!

Date of visit: May 2016
4  Thank LaurenM400
Reviewed April 27, 2016

Benjamin and Sonya were the most gracious hosts. My husband and I went there per a recommendation from someone we met in Cancun. It was a fabulous date night for us in a very intimate setting (though I wasn't a big fan of the art on the walls) with lovely piano music being played, and Chef Benjamin coming out after each serving to make sure we were satisfied. The flavors were rich, fresh, and exquisite. The fish melted in my mouth, and the salad was a very unique blend of ingredients. We ordered the coconut ice-cream dessert which was a perfect end to our meal (with warm bananas and chocolate sauce). Pricey, but well worth it. I'm glad we made it a date night and left our 9 year old daughter with my parents to watch her at the resort.

Date of visit: April 2016
4  Thank stacey t
Reviewed April 25, 2016

this long time favorite with locals offers a very lovely relaxed setting and superb dishes ctreated by the dear late Alain Grimond. His wife Sonja keeps the flame going and the quality up always! Make reservations as its small and popular!

Date of visit: June 2015
2  Thank cancunrealtor
Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

We had a delicious dinner prepared by Chef Benjamin. Owner Sonya Grimond welcomed us and made us feel right at home. Everything from the decor to each detail of the dinner was elegant. It was a truly romantic and loving experience, enhanced by the warmth of Sonya and Chef Benjamin.

Date of visit: April 2016