“Wonderful date; wonderful food”
Review of Du Mexique by Sonya Grimond - CLOSED

Du Mexique by Sonya Grimond
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2016

Benjamin and Sonya were the most gracious hosts. My husband and I went there per a recommendation from someone we met in Cancun. It was a fabulous date night for us in a very intimate setting (though I wasn't a big fan of the art on the walls) with lovely piano music being played, and Chef Benjamin coming out after each serving to make sure we were satisfied. The flavors were rich, fresh, and exquisite. The fish melted in my mouth, and the salad was a very unique blend of ingredients. We ordered the coconut ice-cream dessert which was a perfect end to our meal (with warm bananas and chocolate sauce). Pricey, but well worth it. I'm glad we made it a date night and left our 9 year old daughter with my parents to watch her at the resort.

4  Thank stacey t

Reviewed April 25, 2016

this long time favorite with locals offers a very lovely relaxed setting and superb dishes ctreated by the dear late Alain Grimond. His wife Sonja keeps the flame going and the quality up always! Make reservations as its small and popular!

Date of visit: June 2015
2  Thank cancunrealtor
Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

We had a delicious dinner prepared by Chef Benjamin. Owner Sonya Grimond welcomed us and made us feel right at home. Everything from the decor to each detail of the dinner was elegant. It was a truly romantic and loving experience, enhanced by the warmth of Sonya and Chef Benjamin.

3  Thank lorid861
Reviewed April 21, 2016

Tasteful food, great service. You are welcomed by Sonya Grimond and served by the chef himself, native of France. The dishes are delicious, very well prepared. Worth it for sure.

3  Thank GustPio
Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

Went to this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews. I have been to cancan many times so wanted to try something new. It's downtown not on a main drag so u will need to get a taxi there. When we arrived there was one other table but then a few more tables came. Very nondescript building. Almost like a persons house. Your greeted by Sonia and by chef Benjamin. I should say I don't normally like French food so this was a stretch for me. The menu is in French so the chef comes over and explains everything. We all chose different entrees and shared a whole bunch of appetizers. Definitely get the salad - it was amazing! The cheese soufflé was so so. The carrot soup delicious. The split the appetizers for us which was so nice. They first brought this amuse bouch that was amazing!! I got the ravioli for dinner. Although I loved the truffles, I didn't like the fennel seeds and the sauce was so so. But honestly we were so filled. I did make room for the most amazing chocolate soufflé I have ever had. Definitely try!!! The whole experience was amazing. Definitely worth a visit. One warning. The wines are outrageous. We ordered the cheapest bottle and it was over $100. But all in for four our bill was about $125 each.

3  Thank travelqueen15