“Great people, great food”
Review of Gory Tacos

Gory Tacos
Ranked #102 of 1,010 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We ate here for lunch on a Wednesday. We originally were going to go Pik Nik but it was closed. Olga and Bart persuaded us to eat at their restaurant and we were glad they did. They were so friendly and the food was good. My husband had the steak tacos and raved about them. The chips and salsa were good, especially with the pickled jalapenos.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This was the first place we ate the night we arrived in Cancun. It was in the downtown and it wasn't necessarily recommended by anyone but just one we passed by. Bart was very friendly and really made us feel welcome not only in their restaurant but in Cancun. The prices were very good for the food we got.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

When You are in Cancun,a must for great food,and drinks..plus the service is great also..the staff Bart and Olga are súper friendly..
This restaurant has Been in the same place since 1985..

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Staying in downtown Cancun, this is a nice place to have lunch or dinner. Bart and Olga are very friendly and professional. We went there twice the food was good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This review is not only about the consistentlly great food and generous drink specials but about Bart and Olga themselves. They are tireless in thier friendliness and making sure you are always comfortable. me casa es su casa. Bart must have said that to me a hundred times with a giant smile on his face. we stopped there many times this visit as well as a few years ago. the margaritas are big, flavourful, powerful and dangerously 2 for 1. Our last night this trip we stopped to visit Bart and Olga to say adios and have a margarita. we ended up staying there much longer and I got very,very drunk. which is why I left my backpack there. on the ground, streetside of the restaraunt, with everyone's passports, the key to rental car, alot of cash, my wallet, my wife's wallet and her phone too. Realized in the morning what I had done. Completely horrified. Had to be at the airport in the afternoon. I was wandering the town near the restaraunt all morning trying to find a way to contact them to see if they had the backpack. they don't open until 3pm on sunday. our flight leaves at 4. no matter, we won't be getting on it without passports anyway. Suddenly, down the street is Olga! she looks beautiful in a bright red dress as she was walking home from church.I ran to her with i'm sure, a panicked and desperate look on my face and blurt out the fact that i left the pack there and it had our entire lives in it and by the grace of god did she find it before a passerby did?! A big smile comes across her face, "relajarse Ricardo. Tengo su mochila" She called Bart and he came to the restaraunt early so we wouldn't miss our plane. (Olga didn't have a key) These people really love people and their job of inviting them into thier place and completely looking after them. I highly recommend this restaraunt. By the way, I don't usually have all of our documents in one place like that day. We had been travelling long distances that day and needed everything. Lesson learned.

1  Thank golddogleader