“Oh.. my... god”
Review of Las Perlas Condos

Las Perlas Condos
Ranked #154 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed October 3, 2010

My partner and I went went with my 2 sisters and mum and dad to stay in Imperial Las Perlas. We drove past all the nice hotels and ended up at this dump.

We decided to make the most of it and went in with the attitude of "we are in Mexico, we dont care where we are staying". However, seeing the same food stay out all day for all the courses without being covered, being dive bombed by bats about 6am two mornings in a row, being woken up by a large grasshopper in our room, being less than impressed by the tiny tiny seaweed covered beach and the rather rude receptionist was enough for us to only stay there for 2 nights until our rep moved us to Oasis Palm Beach for only £90 each.

Im glad we moved as our holiday wouldve been ruined. This hotel was GROSS

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Stina_UK

Reviewed June 15, 2010

A friend and I went back in April and we were a little worried because of the reviews on here. When we first arrived we weren't that impressed, compared to all the big flash hotels you drive past it doesn't give a great impression! However, every single member of staff; cleaners, reception, bar and restaurant were amazing. We even got on well with those who didn't speak English! We spent our evenings with them learning Spanish, playing cards and getting drunk off a million different cocktails! It was perfect! They made the holiday for me. I was sad to see them go but we got hugs from all the bar staff when we left.
The food was good, not amazing but still good. There was fresh fruit
and salad everyday with different meats and fish. After 2 weeks we were a bit bored with the selection but all in all it was good.
The room was clean and basic and did the job. The bed was comfy and the room has an amazing view.
The beach is lovely for a
walk or sunbathe, but if you want a good beach for swimming you only need to get a bus into centre of hotel district (only 7.5pesos) and cut thro behind coco bongo. Here the really beautiful beach and it's only 5min bus ride from hotel.
The hotel is buget and if you're looking for a luxurious break this isn't for you. If you want perfect and friendly staff, basic food and living.. This is well worth visiting.

1  Thank Catherinel2808
Reviewed June 8, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights back in 08, and we enjoyed our stay. The room was spartan but comfortable enough. Our only complaint was that the window in the bathroom wasn't frosted, and therefore someone walking down the stairs could easily see into the bathroom and glimpse someone doing their biz.

The outside area is nice. The pool is small, but a great temperature, however the highlight for me was the dock on the lagoon. I have been to Cancun several times, and no matter what, as pretty as the ocean may be, the lagoon is far more interesting to look at. Sitting on the dock with a bottle of tequila at sunset was a great way to end the day.

Overall if you aren't a picky traveler, and are looking for a deal, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I have stayed in numerous places in Quintana Roo, including the very expensive Riu. I was a bit nervous about this hotel after reading the reviews. This hotel was great. The hotel was clean and had everything I needed for about one third of the regular cost. The staff is fantastic, very friendly , and very eager to please. I will be going back in September.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Garypsw
Reviewed May 31, 2010

A very small hotel but that maid it all the nicer! Very personal and comfy, the rooms are huge! I had such an amazing time here, the weather was perfect and I have to admit, its very strange going to "asda" for stock for the room!

Meals are great, plenty choice and always very hot!

Cocktails are great, invent your own and they will make it for you!

Hi to everyone we met!

You must go to coco bongos!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I went there with my daughter and although I had been to cancun before in a more upmarket hotel my daughter had never been. The hotel was great for the price the room was ok, no problems in the 14 days we were there, cleaning lady was brilliant and couldn't do enough for you. A lot of reviews said the receptionist was miserable, well we went to check in a smile on our faces and greeted him in Mexican (well the best we could)and he was lovely ,get him chatting then ask him for a good room and hey presto, its the same where ever you go if you treat the staff ok they will treat you ok, I think some people don't realise they are the foreigners when they are abroad.
The food was fine although not cordon bleu but there was always plenty and if there was nothing you wanted the chef in the evening was always willing to make something.All the waiters were helpful especially PHILIPPE. The burgers at the snack bar are to die for .. We always pick small hotels as they are more personal and this one certaialy was. Every one knew every one and we all had fun round the bar MIGUEL the barman is a wonder and although the bar shuts at 11 he will set about 4/5 galsses of whatevwer you drink in front of you at 10.55 then join you for a drink or 3. the beach is ok and the sea is great once you get past the seaweed,the other beaches on the strip are not as good and some have bad currents so there is no need to leave the hotel for that. We made friends with people from USA,Canada Austria, and a few from England as well, we didn't want to come home as that what staying at this hotel is home from home, go and enjoy. If the world wasn't so big we would be going there again. you must have a meal out at Jimmy Buffets the Margueritas come in litre glasses and the food is lovely.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank lucassfred
Reviewed March 22, 2010

It may not be the best hotel in cancun, but you pay for what you get. It is great value for money. The staff are friendly, the food is good, the place is well maintained and always clean. The choice at the bar is fairly basic, but just fine for getting smashed all day.
The best part of the hotel by far was the entertainment reps. Kev and Emir looked after us so well. Always VIP entrance to he clubs. Then good tables and bottle service inside. It would have been hard work without them. Cheers guys. You are legends!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends